Player Watch #5 Isaac Heeney

Remove this Banner Ad

capi_20204fe48fe689ed7f64257f118480f7_5448b88f13b55c5d56f99426e47adf40.jpeg

Isaac Heeney

Isaac Heeney is a crowd favourite and one of the best young players in the competition. The QBE Sydney Swans Academy graduate won the 2018 AFL Mark of the Year award, was selected in the AFL Players’ Association’s 22Under22 team in two of his eligible four years and played his 100th senior game in 2019. Heeney can be used in the midfield, forward line – where he booted four goals in star teammate Lance Franklin’s absence in Round 20 last year – or as a loose man in defence.

Isaac Heeney
DOB: 05 May 1996
DEBUT: 2015
DRAFT: #18, 2014 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Cardiff (NSW)

Apparently Eddie is now lobbying (directing) the AFL to alter the 25% discount to adding 25% to the points.

If we want Mills, he is now going to cost us three light years of ND picks!

Seriously, has Eddie made any public utterances about Heeney yet?
Just watching Talking Footy. Apparently, McChins McGuire is in Dubai at the moment he's going to let lose on the academies upon his return.

Hi, I backed Heeney preseason at a $21 for the RS, so obviously loving the hype. From a swans point if view, you've landed a star, obviously...but I'm not so sure he's such a sure thing for the RS given that he's going to be almost exclusively used as a forward. He'll have to keep kicking bags because his possession count won't be there. I'm having savers on Cripps ($21) and Hartung ($81) because they amass. Interested in whether you think he can get in the middle? Seems unlikely given your depth

Hi, I backed Heeney preseason at a $21 for the RS, so obviously loving the hype. From a swans point if view, you've landed a star, obviously...but I'm not so sure he's such a sure thing for the RS given that he's going to be almost exclusively used as a forward. He'll have to keep kicking bags because his possession count won't be there. I'm having savers on Cripps ($21) and Hartung ($81) because they amass. Interested in whether you think he can get in the middle? Seems unlikely given your depth

Doesn't need to amass. 10 possessions at 100% , 4 goals, 7 score involvements... doesn't need to do much more than that.

I would imagine as the year goes on he will drift more and more into the middle.

Doesn't need to amass. 10 possessions at 100% , 4 goals, 7 score involvements... doesn't need to do much more than that.

I would imagine as the year goes on he will drift more and more into the middle.
Obviously that game was brilliant, was more meaning if gets 10 disposals and one goal for a couple of weeks, could hugely hurt his chances, not going to kick a goal every 2-3 disposals for the rest of the year. Hope he does though.

Obviously that game was brilliant, was more meaning if gets 10 disposals and one goal for a couple of weeks, could hugely hurt his chances, not going to kick a goal every 2-3 disposals for the rest of the year. Hope he does though.

He will get some time in the middle against the lesser teams, we have to be careful, although he has a ready made body, he is 18. People have to remember that, we can't have him burnt out by round 17-18.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To much hype on him at the moment just let the kid play football.

Feels like the kid is being used as a figure for Pro/Con of the academies.

I blame all those people who are getting so caught up in his first three games they are changing their BigFooty username.

Seems like only yesterday that Parker was a young star in the making.

Seems like only yesterday I was sexually harassing him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back