Mega Thread The Random Thoughts Thread Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time I see Stew Crameri playing I think of Nick Salter and go "how is the world why it who".

Also, Dylan Grimes is into his sixth season as an AFL footballer while Steven Salopek sells Real Estate.
If Sal doesn't contract glandular fever and plays in the 2004 premiership side, he probably has some runs on the board to give him a gold pass to carry him through the issues he had later in his career.

A victim of choco and circumstance. Had he never been moved to the half back line and been left in the guts to develop as the blue chip midfielder he was, who knows.

Very sad for him. Didn't deserve the hand he was dealt at all.

I didn't know Sal was working real estate just 5 minutes down the road from me until now.
IW8simF.gif

If Sal doesn't contract glandular fever and plays in the 2004 premiership side, he probably has some runs on the board to give him a gold pass to carry him through the issues he had later in his career.

A victim of choco and circumstance. Had he never been moved to the half back line and been left in the guts to develop as the blue chip midfielder he was, who knows.

sal2004.jpg

On the surface his 2004 numbers were largely unremarkable, until you remember he was just 18 and playing such limited gametime, in a team that was being hunted at the top every single week.

With a bit luck he would've been the Joel Selwood of our 2004 premiership side and gone on to be an absolute star. Instead, he's out of the system at age 26. Such a fickle game.

A pity the likes of Sal and Nicky Salter weren't starting out around Hinkley's time at the club. They would've really prospered under our current development model

Very excited to hear this band is back together.

Saw them at the Old Lion in North Adelaide in 1992 (I think) which is still one of the loudest and best gigs I have ever been to.

Saw them at the Old Lion in North Adelaide in 1992 (I think) which is still one of the loudest and best gigs I have ever been to.

One of my favourite bands of all time. Proper shoegazing them.

I wish they would come to South America but that is unlikely. You're lucky to have watched them.

I love the videos of them in that Brixton Academy concert:

... people will be posting these inane 'what ifs' about you know who in a couple years
Anyone else keeping up with Mad Men?
how awful were those glen/betty scenes? how awesome is sally draper?
The bit where the guy tells Don's outdated joke and gets fired.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

... people will be posting these inane 'what ifs' about you know who in a couple years

I already am in fairness.

What if we'd persisted with him like other clubs have with their developing talls? What if he was a 50 game KPF instead of a 24 game KPF? What if he was given a run in the side like Westhoff or Schulz when they were developing?

These and many more hypotheticals coming your way next time someone says "he's had long enough he should have developed by now" :)

The bit where the guy tells Don's outdated joke and gets fired.
Haha yeah lol what a dip s**t

'you have no character' ain't that right, I can't remember a memorable line from that guy(what even is his name?)

Makes a good example of how no one cares about Don anymore, from that guy to the real estate woman, though. The grand aura is gone.

I already am in fairness.

What if we'd persisted with him like other clubs have with their developing talls? What if he was a 50 game KPF instead of a 24 game KPF? What if he was given a run in the side like Westhoff or Schulz when they were developing?

These and many more hypotheticals coming your way next time someone says "he's had long enough he should have developed by now" :)
Well back on Salopek the fact he was cooked by 25/26 sort of justified the decision to protect him by playing him off half back and as an outside mid.

If we're going to question anyone it should be the medical team/fitness coaches and their handling of Sal and Surj and why they never recovered from their injuries. Both are only 29, could have still contributed to the current team.

I had fire training for my work today (just the basic mandatory how use an extinguisher and fire blanket crap).
The instructor was Craig Ebert. :thumbsu:

Did you ask him about his dad Russell?

Well back on Salopek the fact he was cooked by 25/26 sort of justified the decision to protect him by playing him off half back and as an outside mid.

If we're going to question anyone it should be the medical team/fitness coaches and their handling of Sal and Surj and why they never recovered from their injuries. Both are only 29, could have still contributed to the current team.

Agree.

Both had seasons where they looked like they were going to become genuine stars.

Salopek had that breakout 2008 as a 23 year old, and looked like he was going to step up and become an elite mid. Choco moves him to the half back line in early 2009 trying to emulate the Andrew McLeod quarterback type role, he initially dominates, then gets tagged, loses effectiveness, gets injured, career never recovers.

Surj was arguably the best shutdown small defender in the league in 2009 as a part of that false dawn defensive unit. He had some massive scalps. Strangely seemed to be moved forward in subsequent seasons and never recaptured that form, and like Sal, his body went.

Imagine the luxury of having them both now as 29 year olds who reached their potential. It might have meant less games for the likes of Moore, Young et al, but Salopek especially had a lot more talent than either of them.

almost as big as the re forming of clowns of decadence!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back