Yarran gone for weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

FFS.
Make your choice Essendon fans:

It was either a hard hit that "knocked him out" (as at least one Bomber's fan has suggested), so Yarran deserves "weeks".

OR

Yarran is just weak and it was a soft hit? (So Chapman was clearly just staging) - in which case Yarran should get off.

You can't have it both ways.
What?

Where did I call it soft?

3 weeks even with no vision of the headbutt to the chin and with Chappy downplaying any provocation. With Gleeson pushing for 5, you'd have to take that and run under the circumstances.

Worth 4 - I don't really agree with the whole "he pleaded guilty" so let's give him less line that the Carlton rep was pushing 4. I think 3 is a pretty good outcome for Yarran.

Pretty weak of Chapman to not own up and admit he'd made an absolute Helen Hunt of himself for a good minute prior to the hit.

Still, Yarran's suspension will only last three weeks. Meanwhile the damage to Chapman's ego and reputation will last forever.

That pic of him bleeding, wobbly-kneed and being manhandled by Yarran will endure for a long, long time.

Poor form from Chappy. Has gone down in my estimation. He took a solid hit to his face and could have helped a brother out but chose to dibby-dob.
Almost straying into dog campaigner territory.

3 weeks is a fair honest result for a fair honest hit to the moosh. Nice to see someone man up instead of all the sneaky stuff that happens these days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poor form from Chappy. Has gone down in my estimation. He took a solid hit to his face and could have helped a brother out but chose to dibby-dob.
Almost straying into dog campaigner territory.

3 weeks is a fair honest result for a fair honest hit to the moosh. Nice to see someone man up instead of all the sneaky stuff that happens these days.
What should Chap have said then?

Worth 4 - I don't really agree with the whole "he pleaded guilty" so let's give him less line that the Carlton rep was pushing 4. I think 3 is a pretty good outcome for Yarran.

They also said it was up to the jury what weight they want to put on Yarran's good record and the provocation. You'd have to think his record cut a week off, and his provocation another week given medium impact is worth 3 weeks and the AFL were pushing for 5.

They also said it was up to the jury what weight they want to put on Yarran's good record and the provocation. You'd have to think his record cut a week off, and his provocation another week given medium impact is worth 3 weeks and the AFL were pushing for 5.
As I understood provocation was no longer a defence? (Subconsciously though that's another thing)

Last edited:
FFS.
Make your choice Essendon fans:

It was either a hard hit that "knocked him out" (as at least one Bomber's fan has suggested), so Yarran deserves "weeks".

OR

Yarran is just weak and it was a soft hit? (So Chapman was clearly just staging) - in which case Yarran should get off.

You can't have it both ways.

Do all Collingwood supporters agree on everything %100?
Actually it wouldn't surprise me if they did.

"I don't recall the incident. The blood came from a nick above my eye from Saturday morning when I was trying to shave my eyebrows off to match my hairstyle"
Chap arrives to deliver his evidence:

1000px-SgtShultz.jpg

Pretty weak of Chapman to not own up and admit he'd made an absolute Helen Hunt of himself for a good minute prior to the hit.

Still, Yarran's suspension will only last three weeks. Meanwhile the damage to Chapman's ego and reputation will last forever.

That pic of him bleeding, wobbly-kneed and being manhandled by Yarran will endure for a long, long time.

Like to detail the minute prior for us?

I saw the entire thing clearly about 40 metres in front on me, so will be fascinated to hear your summary.

1 less week than I thought, but did not foresee the significant "he was provoked" outcry that happened afterwards.

The main conclusion from this is that Yarran can be provoked into doing something stupid. I hope he will learn from this as he is a good talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back