Concussion

Helmet
Mar 18, 2013
Hobart, Tasmania
Glenorchy Magpies
I've been looking forward to this game since the fixture was released last year. Two quality teams, a massive stage, and a lot for us to prove!

You can imagine my disappointment when one of my best mates tells me that he's having his engagement party the same night...

Looks like I'll be sitting with my eyes glued to my phone for a couple of hours at the party whilst my mum and dad enjoy the footy for me.
Don't put up with it, take him to the footy with you, it's the first trap she has set to push his mates away and start training him into being her bitch. Next time you see him he will be carrying her bags around the mall wishing he was at the football/cricket/strip joint.

I'm divorced and have good mates ;)

cuthbert30

Jul 27, 2005
London Keyes basement
Arsenal,Penrith,RBC
:)
I've been looking forward to this game since the fixture was released last year. Two quality teams, a massive stage, and a lot for us to prove!

You can imagine my disappointment when one of my best mates tells me that he's having his engagement party the same night...

Looks like I'll be sitting with my eyes glued to my phone for a couple of hours at the party whilst my mum and dad enjoy the footy for me.
1 Your very generous to lump Norwood in the quality basket
2 Its just an engagement party...go to game then party..people who think its ok to have an event during a season and not take the fixtures into consideration s**t me
3 get off your phone you anti social naughty

cuthbert30

Jul 27, 2005
London Keyes basement
Arsenal,Penrith,RBC
Don't put up with it, take him to the footy with you, it's the first trap she has set to push his mates away and start training him into being her bitch. Next time you see him he will be carrying her bags around the mall wishing he was at the football/cricket/strip joint.

I'm divorced and have good mates ;)
he gets it ^^^^^^

tryonthis

Nov 3, 2011
Current forecast for Saturday is thunderstorms and rain (1-5mm).

You'd think Hawthorn would have the advantage if it ends up being a wet footy contest.

Current forecast for Saturday is thunderstorms and rain (1-5mm).

You'd think Hawthorn would have the advantage if it ends up being a wet footy contest.

Not sure about this. Hawthorn are all about skills and maintaining the footy. This can be particularly difficult if conditions are tough. 1-5mm across the day isn't a hell of alot though, will barely even measure on the AO surface.

Adam_23

Apr 14, 2015
Adelaide Utd, Napoli, Cavs
I thought in Round 1 we defended quite well for most of the match vs Freo, but struggled going forward, i won't even talk about the Sydney game, and last week vs North we showed signs of getting back to our best offensively but then struggled to shut them down (especially in the second half).

We have to be at our best both going forward (gotta start limiting those turnovers!) and defending in order to beat the Hawks this week. Praying that Lobbe returns!

Weez

Mar 18, 2014
I feel a little better coming into this game now we have a win under our belt. But the hawks are such a great side and no matter who they come up against they always get the little ticky touch 50/50 free kicks go their way.. Will be a great win if we can pull it off, missed going to the Swans game so pumped up for this!!

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
I'm happy the RSL is getting money from it.

Now my personal opinion (I could be right or wrong) is that we are doing too many "special event" guernseys.

I understand the marketing department push of it however and I know it will never change.
Mate, we have 60,000 members ... people are buying new guernseys, or replacing worn ones all the time! Now if you wanted to buy a guernsey this week, what would you choose? A normal Port one, or a 2015 centenary special edition? I know which one I would pick! There are also only 300 of them ... they will be gone in no time!

FromTheHartland

Oct 3, 2013
Arsenal, Indiana Pacers
I have a horrible feeling we are going to see Matt Stevic umpire his beloved Hawks this week which would not be a happy omen for the game.
Ugh I just spewed a little in my mouth, bad bad memories.

My main concern is if the Hawks force our i50 entries into the pockets like the Prelim last year, all those difficult shots from Schultz, Wingard et al. were compounded by the size of the G, fingers crossed we can overcome their loose man and get some high quality set shots in the corridor.

Really looking forward to this game, the noise and atmosphere at the Prelim were unforgettable, I'm sure we were making more noise than the Hawks fans, I can't wait!!!

Dentshop

May 7, 2010
Hotel de Crillon
Huh?

What? It isn't your engagement party. It isn't even your mate's party. It's his girlfriend's party. Let her enjoy it without you. Engagement parties are whack anyway and are the most forgettable of all parties. Waste of time. This game, if Port wins, will not be forgotten. Your mate won't miss you at the party, he's just going to get dragged around meeting people he doesn't want to meet while you stand around checking the scores on your phone.

Go to the game!

SilenceOz

Dec 1, 2012

Looks like you need to harden up and miss the engagement party.

Say you came down with a terminal case of not giving a s**t and went to the footy instead.

PowerBaz

Jun 13, 2014
You
Ugh I just spewed a little in my mouth, bad bad memories.

My main concern is if the Hawks force our i50 entries into the pockets like the Prelim last year, all those difficult shots from Schultz, Wingard et al. were compounded by the size of the G, fingers crossed we can overcome their loose man and get some high quality set shots in the corridor.

Really looking forward to this game, the noise and atmosphere at the Prelim were unforgettable, I'm sure we were making more noise than the Hawks fans, I can't wait!!!

I reckon that's where we miss Lobbe, when he plays I bet Ryder sits at CHF and straightens us up.

bacharach

Oct 29, 2013
Looks like you need to harden up and miss the engagement party.

Say you came down with a terminal case of not giving a s**t and went to the footy instead.

It's too late.
You need to be fully prepared when declining any form of attendance to events that occur on football night. It's all in the wording "Nup can't, already got tickets to the football (look dismissive, as if you'd bought tickets to Springsteen), and besides I've already organised dinner with Trent beforehand" (which may or may not be a 4N20 in the GDV). Gotta nip that s**t.

I'm concerned about their pace, but hopefully we can counter act that by hitting them hard and cutting down their space.

Willsy10

Apr 3, 2014
If it rains it is a bit 6 of 1, half a dozen of the other. Hawks are a precise kicking side, which is tougher in the wet but they are also a physical side. If it turns in to a scrap, we've had 3 finals like pressure games in a row and they've had 2 training runs and 1 finals like pressure game. This should hold us in good stead.

diegodcg

Apr 9, 2015
London, UK
Flamengo, Liverpool, St Helens, A's
Another Saturday getting up at 6:40am. Do Port ever play earlier in the day? I think I'd prefer a game starting around 1am here, such as the Essendon vs Collingwood game this week (so I wouldn't even go to bed waiting for the game) than having to get up at 6. Or even better, a game starting really early such as St Kilda vs Carlton which will be on at 10:10pm here this Friday.

Apr 10, 2014
Another Saturday getting up at 6:40am. Do Port ever play earlier in the day? I think I'd prefer a game starting around 1am here, such as the Essendon vs Collingwood game this week (so I wouldn't even go to bed waiting for the game) than having to get up at 6. Or even better, a game starting really early such as St Kilda vs Carlton which will be on at 10:10pm here this Friday.

After this week, our next 4 games are Sunday Twilight matches. Usually starting at around 4:10-4:40pm our time, so hopefully that's a good time to watch for whatever the time will be where you're from.