Mega Thread Possible trades in 2015 for the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh this board said the same thing about Betts, "we can get him in the draft, save our money, he costs too much"

Sometimes you trade to improve your team and Yarran would improve our team
This is it ... If we want to have a shot in 2017 at a flag and make the most of once in a generation players like tex , talia, Sloane and hopefully danger then we need to trade well 2015 and 2016 to give us the best list of 30 players we can have in 2017

We need a mix of draftees and trades

Who does yarran replace in the 22?
Do people want him if we can't get? or will you still want him?

He replaces "footsteps Hendo" at half back, he replaces Wright at half forward, he is miles above those two.

If your question was do we want him if we get Aish...yep, still want him, you can never have enough really good players on your list.

He replaces "footsteps Hendo" at half back, he replaces Wright at half forward, he is miles above those two.

If your question was do we want him if we get Aish...yep, still want him, you can never have enough really good players on your list.
It's also not as if we are making our list too old by bringing in these 2 as yarran still has his best ahead of him and aish not much different than a draftee in age

Could also replace a jaensch type. Anyone have any idea how much they reckon Henderson from Carlton would be worth?

I like that a fortnight ago anyone who suggested Hendo heard footsteps got yelled at, and now we are calling him "footsteps Hendo".

OP in that thread was ahead of his time.

Could also replace a jaensch type. Anyone have any idea how much they reckon Henderson from Carlton would be worth?
Carlton wont want to get rid of him but if you dangled a young player in your starting 22 and a high second round pick something in the 20s itd get it done i reckon.

yeah, because it would be overs

Getting Yarran would be awesome. The problem is not getting him but rather the unrealistic expectations that the Blues would have in what they want for him.

He is not worth a pick <25 and thats where the problems will begin.

Trade kerridge?for spud gibbs? Are you on drugs? Kerridge has way more upside than gibbs especially under the walsh game plan. Gibbs has done nothing in his career. The gibbs boat has sailed long time ago. We've only seen glimpses of Kerridges potential.
I am dumbstruck. Craziest thing I've read on the Internet in a DECADE.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting Yarran would be awesome. The problem is not getting him but rather the unrealistic expectations that the Blues would have in what they want for him.

Not based on the garlett trade, we get him for something like that... happy days

We should get Watts to take the media heat off everyone. Everybody could have the same whipping boy.
Q: What would we need to give up for Jack Watts?

A: Future success.

To be honest I would be happy to do a direct swap with Lyons for Yarran.

Lyons will continue to struggle to find a permanent spot in our team as we have a lot of inside mids. He would get regular games in Blues midfield IMO.

Yarran would add something different to our team (silky smooth runner/kick) to complement our midfield. I believe Betts had a good relationship with him, so he could be a good influence. I also think Walsh would use Yarran with time on-ball (like Eddie) too.

Potentially add Yarran and Aish to our team would give instant class and speed we lack at times. Much better balance with quality finishers.

I disagree. I think he is a pick 12-20. He is a pretty rare player imo and grossly under valued on here. He is exactly what we need. Speed, evasiveness, willingness to break lines, elite dual sided kick.

Problem is alongside Menzel, I think he is in Carlton's top 2 players they can least afford to lose. They've become a dour side. I want both of them. One this year and one the following year. Pretty sure Yarran is contracted.
Lyons & 2nd round pick?

Oh this board said the same thing about Betts, "we can get him in the draft, save our money, he costs too much"

Sometimes you trade to improve your team and Yarran would improve our team

It's unreal sometimes, just exactly how many Chris Yarran's have come out of the draft since he was taken? Not many players come to mind instantly with his skillset, pace and x-factor.

A former pick 6 however, may come at a price. People seem to be underrating him here. A required player at Carlton no doubt and not one they would like to give up easily given he is still only 24. Unless he wanted out, we would probably have to pay close to full price. Id say a high teens, low 20s is around the mark.

If we can get Brisbane's 2nd round pick in some form of Aish trade, would people take Yarran or go to the draft with it?

People will crucify me for even mentioning the idea, but what if CC turns out to be a slightly better version of Petrenko? Betts is 29 now. Wouldn't Yarran be a handy card to have up our sleeve as a replacement! But regardless, his skills would not go astray on our HBF. He is an upgrade on Hendo (ATS) who we could finally trade to a Vic team (or keep) if need be for maybe a second rounder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back