Vince elbows sloane - did i miss something ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
LYNCH%20Tom.png
Nailed it!

I'm not just talking about this thread specifically (nice personal attack btw when the post wasn't even directed at anyone in particular), the media and especially Melbourne supporters on here have driven a massive agenda against Walsh and Danger this week, and I'm just a little sick of it tbh. Am I not allowed to stick up for my club?
Almost a carbon copy of my Viney-Lynch thread last year.
There was grey area all over that one but this one was clear cut.

People assuming this is a dangerfield-walsh issue are just keen for a cheapie.

Almost a carbon copy of my Viney-Lynch thread last year.
There was grey area all over that one but this one was clear cut.

People assuming this is a dangerfield-walsh issue are just keen for a cheapie.

If this elbow was so clear cut then why haven't you been able to post any proof?

Did you actually watch the interview in full (including the questions asked), and were you at the game live? If your response is no to either of those questions, I'm not going to waste my time.

Well like a majority of the audience and commentators I can't say I was at the game, so I guess you have me there. So I probably shouldn't be saying anything given your restrictions on comments.

But I will sorry.

As a Melbourne supporter Danger should probably have gotten a couple of extra frees. I'm cool with that. When your coach talks about people going out on "stretchers" and your players don't give a good god damn after the game... sorry mate I'm gonna call him a flog.

I'm not just talking about this thread specifically (nice personal attack btw when the post wasn't even directed at anyone in particular), the media and especially Melbourne supporters on here have driven a massive agenda against Walsh and Danger this week

Melbourne and their premiership coach got shown up. Two game Walsh kicked them in the nuts when he pointed out macays hardness and the waste of a good play maker roughing up Dangerfield. If Vince put that effort into the ball, the game could of been different.

Lyon has always winged in the media like a bitter old woman. It must be depressing being from a club like that.

Seriously though, if the incident happened, it will be on the smart replay. Find it and tell us how far into the 3rd quarter to look. Then we'll look and make a judgement.

At the moment you're just talking about something nobody else saw.
Can't find the sloane one, but check out how Vince lines danger up after the throw in with 28 seconds to go in the 3rd quarter.

I thought the AFL were trying to stamp out players running past the ball to line up opposition players. This act was indicative of vince's game. The umps kept calling play on for acts that have been reported in previous years, let alone getting a free kick.

Maybe it was your coach being a flog and then later in the evening players caught up with Bernie and didn't give a damn. You know, the game can be hard and then when the game is finished the players move on, the old thing of "what happens on the field stays on the field".

I think that's a good thing.

Your coach is still a flog for his interview tho.

Why, because he offered an opinion? He initially said it's part of football and to move on, yet the journo's just kept asking and asking about Vince's tactics, and all he said afterward was what may have occurred "in the dark old days", and that he'd prefer to highlight acts such as Mackay running back with the flight of the ball to take a courageous mark as tough, and not people lining up other players. That's fair enough I think. I didn't give a s**t about what Vince was doing during the game, as it was obviously him following his coaches instructions. It's the umpires job to stamp out that sort of thing, and they failed to do so, which is why the players took it into their own hands and started a melee at 3qtr time. (Nice job protecting Bernie during that one btw Melbourne :oops: Nobody wanted any of Walker or Thompson apparently)

The real flogs are people who are taking what he said way out of context, and then having a big ******* whinge about a perceived whinge. :rolleyes:

Can't find the sloane one, but check out how Vince lines danger up after the throw in with 28 seconds to go in the 3rd quarter.

I thought the AFL were trying to stamp out players running past the ball to line up opposition players. This act was indicative of vince's game. The umps kept calling play on for acts that have been reported in previous years, let alone getting a free kick.

I have no doubt Melbourne set out to take it to you physically. I have no doubt that Vince as a senior player was flying the flag a little.

But come on. You guys have played in big finals. You know that in a big final, you're going to get a lot worse from a lot bigger and meaner players than Bernie Vince and the umpires are going to continue to let it go.

The MRP went over the game with a fine tooth comb like they do with every game every week, and Vince didn't cop a report.

Sloane didn't seem to bothered by the attention, which isn't a surprise. He's an elite mid and the elite mids of the competition get it every week.

Gerrard Whateley > Everyone else > Porter > South Australian Media

is that because Whatley gives Port Adelaide virtual blow jobs every time he speaks on TV?

....it will be on the smart replay.

unfortunately you have to sign up for some pass now to watch use that service.... :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate you need to go watch netball or something.
I thought Vince was brilliant. Played by the rules, no Crowley pinching or bullsh*t. Genuine by the rules hard tag, no reports, kept him to 16 possessions with many ineffective. I thought Tredrea's comments below summed it up pretty well;

"For those who thought Vince played too dirty and shouldn’t have played like that – you’re kidding yourself, this in AFL football, it’s a ruthless game that stops for no one.
If you don’t come out fighting with everything you’ve got you will be quickly bowled over and cast aside.
He wasn’t dirty, he just gave his all and if you ask anyone who saw his performance on the weekend, would you like him in your team?
The answer would be a resounding yes.
But I have to ask what were the Dangerfield’s team-mates doing when he was copping a physical beating?
They were asleep."

Danger needs to get used to that now others have seen it done effectively, or more importantly the inability of his fellow mids to provide decent screens. I think Vince and Roos worked on his positioning well, using Vince's inside knowledge and Roos coaching ability. Vince often managed to get him at pace which takes positional knowledge rather then just standing him and getting done on take off or lost in traffic. I reckon a few midfield coaches will be having a long hard look at the tapes.

Last edited:
I'm pretty confident you imagined it.

No he didn't, and another Melbourne player punched Laird in the head causing him to have to leave the ground because of the blood rule. The problem is they're Adelaide players....

I thought Vince was brilliant. Played by the rules, no Crowley pinching or bullsh*t. Genuine by the rules hard tag, no reports, kept him to 16 possessions with many ineffective. I thought Tredrea's comments below summed it up pretty well;

"For those who thought Vince played too dirty and shouldn’t have played like that – you’re kidding yourself, this in AFL football, it’s a ruthless game that stops for no one.
If you don’t come out fighting with everything you’ve got you will be quickly bowled over and cast aside.
He wasn’t dirty, he just gave his all and if you ask anyone who saw his performance on the weekend, would you like him in your team?
But I have to ask what were the Dangerfield’s team-mates doing when he was copping a physical beating?
They were asleep."

Danger needs to get used to that now others have seen it done effectively, or more importantly the inability of his fellow mids to provide decent screens. I think Vince and Roos worked on his positioning well, using Vince's knowledge and Roos coaching ability. Vince often managed to get him at pace which takes positional knowledge rather then just standing him and getting done on take off or lost in traffic. I reckon a few midfield coaches will be having a long hard look at the tapes.

You talk like it was his first game. He's fought through tags before.

No he didn't, and another Melbourne player punched Laird in the head causing him to have to leave the ground because of the blood rule. The problem is they're Adelaide players....

Again, Rory Walkerfield said above that he couldn't find the Sloane one.

http://www.afl.com.au/video/smart-replay

There is the smart replay link. Show me where to look. I'm not saying these things didn't happen, I just want to see them before I call Bernie Vince of all people a thug.

They were asleep."

Danger needs to get used to that now others have seen it done effectively, or more importantly the inability of his fellow mids to provide decent screens. I think Vince and Roos worked on his positioning well, using Vince's inside knowledge and Roos coaching ability. Vince often managed to get him at pace which takes positional knowledge rather then just standing him and getting done on take off or lost in traffic. I reckon a few midfield coaches will be having a long hard look at the tapes.

Go and look at the Vince v Danger video on AFL.com.au and listen to Dunstall and Roo talking about whats happening way off the ball and see the camera cutting to Vince holding Danger down, wrestling with him, putting his hands on Danger's neck etc all while the ball is long gone. If it was any other team they'd be whinge wing about their player as well. If that was happening to Pendlebury you'd be up in arms rather than this 'go watch netball' crap.

Seriously though, if the incident happened, it will be on the smart replay. Find it and tell us how far into the 3rd quarter to look. Then we'll look and make a judgement.

At the moment you're just talking about something nobody else saw.

I say it as well as the punch to Laird's head. Just can't remember exactly where I saw it yet.

I have no doubt Melbourne set out to take it to you physically. I have no doubt that Vince as a senior player was flying the flag a little.

But come on. You guys have played in big finals. You know that in a big final, you're going to get a lot worse from a lot bigger and meaner players than Bernie Vince and the umpires are going to continue to let it go.

The MRP went over the game with a fine tooth comb like they do with every game every week, and Vince didn't cop a report.

Sloane didn't seem to bothered by the attention, which isn't a surprise. He's an elite mid and the elite mids of the competition get it every week.

is it legal to hold a guy down and hold his jumper fifty metres off the ball? no. If you don't think it happened go look at the Vince v Danger highlights on AFL.com.au

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back