Unofficial Preview Changes/prematch discussion versus Geelong (OUT: JMac/Luke IN: BJ/Frog)

Remove this Banner Ad

Game 1 of a 4 game win streak please.

I think we'll get this one done.

Dumont for JZ makes sense so probably won't happen.

Hansen IN only if he's ready to have his back crashed into regularly.

Will seriously miss Wellsy if he isn't ready to go, he chops the Cats up every time.

Might have to head up the highway this week

I hope you don't mind me popping in.

Normally I'm bullish about Geelong's chances in any game but right now we're ripe for the picking. We'll definitely be missing Mackie, Stokes and Bartel with Lonergan and Hawkins likely outs too. On top of that Johnson looks a shadow of his former self and time is rapidly catching up with Enright. Our likely replacements for the 3 likely to go out injured, apart from Rivers, are inexperienced guys like Smedts, Horlin-Smith, Blease, Gore and Kolodjasnij. It's highly likely that you'll be facing a team containing 10 players with under 50 games experience and at least 6 of those being under 20 games. While I like a lot of those players that's in no way a recipe for success.

If I were a North supporter I'd be looking at this as a chance to have an era-starting win. Go down to Geelong and have a massive win and suddenly all your players will have a lot more belief in their abilities regardless of whether the team they're playing against is at their best. We won't roll over and we'll try our guts out but realistically you guys should come down with a massive amount of confidence that you can get the job done.

I'd like to see Wells and Dumont in for JZ and Basti. Realistically I think we're only likely to see one of Wells (depending on fitness) or Dumont in for JZ.

I'm glad Geelong beat Gold Coast on the weekend. I'd be more concerned going into this game had Geelong been 0-3. Reckon we'll win this by a comfortable margin.

Have a lot of respect for Geelong, but I remember the hidings they have given us over the last few years and if we get the chance to go for the throat I hope the boys go for it. Still they're difficult to beat down there, so we're gonna have to come with the same effort we did against Port, hopefully with a bit more composure going inside 50 and with some better setups at stoppages

I wouldn't mind seeing Atley tag Motlop

I reckon the matchups we saw in last year's semi will be a fair indicator of who will go to which Cat this time around. Can anyone recall who Sammy Wright from Katamatite had? No doubt we'll be wary of their speedsters in Motlop, Murdoch and the new bloke Gregson (or whatever his name is), who's bloody quick himself.

I reckon the matchups we saw in last year's semi will be a fair indicator of who will go to which Cat this time around. Can anyone recall who Sammy Wright from Katamatite had? No doubt we'll be wary of their speedsters in Motlop, Murdoch and the new bloke Gregson (or whatever his name is), who's bloody quick himself.

To be honest when I think of that game I can only remember Thomas's brilliant start. Hawkins making our backline his bitches and Goldie's mark. I can remember Kelly playing on Thomas and getting away with dragging him to the ground.
I'd really like to see three tall backs this week.
Tippett- Hawkins (scares me)
Taz - Clarke
Thompson - Walker

Swallow to go head to head with Selwood

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Majak Daw is another interesting one… where does he fit in?? personally i prefer him to Ben Brown,

Majak Daw is another interesting one… where does he fit in?? personally i prefer him to Ben Brown,
Are you taking the piss??? I mean I like Maj.... But Brown has been a breath of fresh air!!! He is a smart, competitive goal kicker, who comes through in the clutch!

Are you taking the piss??? I mean I like Maj.... But Brown has been a breath of fresh air!!! He is a smart, competitive goal kicker, who comes through in the clutch!
Ben Brown at ground level is disastrous… moves like a clown… yes he is a goal kicker but i feel we need a forward who can crash the packs and take a big contestant grab aswell as being good below their knees

Another one of my queries is re. this years out of contract and free agency pool. young guns like Dylan Shiel, Adam Treloar, James Aish and older players like Dangerfield and Sloane swell as Tom Hawkins are available potentially, Why are north never linked with any of these players? we could use another young midfielder such as Treloar specifically

Remove this Banner Ad

Back