Is Fremantle's midfield head and shoulders above the rest of the competition?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 11, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool, Patriots & UConn
I'm not just talking about height here. Is there any team in the competition that can say they are as good offensively and defensively as Fremantle. I don't think so. They have depth, hard ball winners, outside receivers, goal kickers and good tacklers.

The question really becomes can this all-star group take Fremantle to the flag? They very much remind me of a better version of the 2012 Swans, so I am inclined to think Freo are well on track thanks to their dominant midfield brigade.

Very good and our boys copped the brunt of it last weekend... But there is not much difference between the mids of them, Hawthorn, Swans and Port.

Very good and our boys copped the brunt of it last weekend... But there is not much difference between the mids of them, Hawthorn, Swans and Port.
Agreed

Freo vs Swans - Midfield Match up this Sat (not directly on each other as players rotate so much)
Fyfe Jack
Mundy Kennedy
Barlow Hennebury
Hill Bird
Neale Parker
Duffield McGlyn

Half Fwds
Pearce C Rohan
Pearce D Jetta (both very much outside players so fairly even)

I'll be watching this for sure, after Hawks Port that is :)

The toughness of Fyfe and Barlow, the all round game of Mundy and Neale and the speed of Pearce and Hill. Up their with the very best, would like to see them against Hawks and Swans before making final judgments.

Not head and shoulders better but I think our boys and the Swans showed they were better than Port's mids. Clearly Hawks are all class. Great weekend to see where we stand :)

Does this look like a bloke that is familiar with head and shoulders to you?

316661-tlsnewslandscape.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not just talking about height here. Is there any team in the competition that can say they are as good offensively and defensively as Fremantle. I don't think so. They have depth, hard ball winners, outside receivers, goal kickers and good tacklers.

The question really becomes can this all-star group take Fremantle to the flag? They very much remind me of a better version of the 2012 Swans, so I am inclined to think Freo are well on track thanks to their dominant midfield brigade.

Nah Brisbane still have the best midfield in the league

Didn't you watch the 2014 AFL GF ?

Ball winning ability = second to none (possibly Sydney)

Doing good things with the ball once they have it = average (but getting better)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back