List Mgmt. 2015 Trade/Draft/FA - SuperMegaUltraThread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most important question.

Do you think Josh Kennedy will be apart of your next push for a flag?

He is your most valuable player trade wise. Josh is 28 this season, if you think you will be pushing for a flag in the next 3 years then you should keep him. If you think it'll take longer than 3 years you should trade him for a top draft pick (1-4) or a young proven gun midfielder.

This is actually a really tough question to answer... I can't see us seriously challenging for a flag in 3 years, hopefully if all goes well by the third year we might be pushing for top 4. But I doubt I'd have the heart to trade him. Players can be important to clubs without contributing to an actual premiership (eg if Pavlich retired tomorrow you'd still be glad he stayed and didn't go home to SA) - Kennedy is one of our most important leaders and actually plays with heart which is invaluable to our soft side. I'd also want to keep him just for his sake since he moved pretty much without wanting to over to us from Carlton as part of the Judd trade, has put in effort and settled in and is now such a great asset to us - it'd be disregarding everything he's done to trade him away now like he was purely currency, nothing more.

But you're right, it would probably be more long-term beneficial to trade him. It's the head vs the heart with this decision if you know what I mean. Realistically we won't trade him though, how often do you see clubs offering up one of their best players and leaders on the trade table as bait? Especially just for picks. For any number of reasons this just isn't done so unless Dangerfield told Adelaide he wanted to come to West Coast and they demanded Josh Kennedy, I doubt we'll have a viable reason to trade him.

That said I'd swap him for Fyfe this second if you'd agree to that? ;)

He is your most valuable player trade wise. Josh is 28 this season, if you think you will be pushing for a flag in the next 3 years then you should keep him. If you think it'll take longer than 3 years you should trade him for a top draft pick (1-4) or a young proven gun midfielder.
We should be having a discussion about LeCras before we start talking about Kennedy.

If Kennedy won't be part of our next push for a flag, LeCras definitely won't.

Perhaps we could still get a late first-rounder for him from a team that's already challenging. That could in turn net us Coniglio.

Ok cool but would he seriously be worth a top 10 pick? I know I could find similar or better stats if I hand picked a few games from our mids. If you've followed him at gws, Does he actually stand up and impact games regularly? would he be the missing link?
We have more than one 'missing link'. I don't think any single player is going to fix that.

I'd be trading Kennedy before I would trade Darling, realistically at this stage we are 3 odd years away from a flag tilt, and that's with hoping our current kids come through nicely and we trade/draft well in the next few years.

No way I'd give a top ten pick for Coniglio as every man and his dog seems to want. Can someone who knows please remind me what is so good about him, what he has achieved to date other than being injured a lot? Or is it just because he is a west Aussie and number 2 pick (I think)?
I'd post the 2010 WAFL GF, as a 16yo, but it would take too much space. :)

I still think there are some free agency options we can explore.
Alex Rance is an obvious one, but failing that there is another quality KPD available that has slipped under the radar, Heath Grundy.
He's been matching up on the best opposition forwards for Sydney for a while now and is still under 30.
Another that has slipped under the Radar is a dynamite mid in Jack Steven from St Kilda. He's 25, in his prime and not only has pace but isn't afraid to dig in for his own hard ball. Won St Kildas B&F in 2013. He would instantly improve our midfield. Let the rest fight over Dangerfield.

I still think there are some free agency options we can explore.
Alex Rance is an obvious one, but failing that there is another quality KPD available that has slipped under the radar, Heath Grundy.
He's been matching up on the best opposition forwards for Sydney for a while now and is still under 30.
Another that has slipped under the Radar is a dynamite mid in Jack Steven from St Kilda. He's 25, in his prime and not only has pace but isn't afraid to dig in for his own hard ball. Won St Kildas B&F in 2013. He would instantly improve our midfield. Let the rest fight over Dangerfield.

Richmond seem to think Rances signature is imminent.

Steven signed on for a big contract at St Kilda only last week. 3-5 years from memory.

FB: Brown (27), McKenzie (27), xxxxx
HB: Hurn (28), McGovern (23), xxxxx
C: Gaff (23), xxxxx, xxxxx
HF: Masten (26), Darling (23), Shuey (25)
FF: LeCras (29), Kennedy (28), Cripps (23)
Ruck: Naita (25), xxxxx, Scooter (25)

Interchange: Lycett (23), xxxxx, xxxxx, xxxxx

^^ Proven There is no reason why LeCras and Kennedy can't play another 4+ years of football. LeCras gets put back in a FP and less run through the midfield would help him with that.

Left:
Duggan (19)
Ellis (27)
Sheed (20)
Sheppard (24)
Waterman (19)
Wellingham (27)
Yeo (22)

Last weekend showed exactly how much the performances against Carlton was worth.

Tunbridge may get another shot this season, but pending that I'd be surprised if we retained him. I can't see us clearing out less than 5 players plus Waters.

I know it's tempting to want all the spuds on the list cleared out in one hit, but good list management dictates WC be more measured in their approach to de-listings, so as to not have to trade away or de-list wanted or required players in subsequent years. So, having a few spuds retain their place on the main list isn't a bad thing. It's a balancing act.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it's tempting to want all the spuds on the list cleared out in one hit, but good list management dictates WC be more measured in their approach to de-listings, so as to not have to trade away or de-list wanted or required players in subsequent years. So, having a few spuds retain their place on the main list isn't a bad thing. It's a balancing act.

Ideally we'd keep the 'spuds' who still have possible room for improvement. Tunbridge stays for mine. Newman probably doesn't deserve it, but i think he's sure to get another year as well. Which would be his 5th season.

Hill, Mcginnity, Butler, Waters, Main, Ellis (maybe), Mcinnes (maybe) would do it for me. The first 5 definitely need to GTFO, we know what they bring.

This is a point I raised some months ago. I suggested the trading of Kennedy because WC won't be pushing for a flag during his time at the club. I think it would be a prudent trade, given his trade value, yet there's many an Eagles fan who only look at the short term negative effect it would have on the club's results. If WC want to fast-track their rebuild, then this would be a good trade.

This is a point I raised some months ago. I suggested the trading of Kennedy because WC won't be pushing for a flag during his time at the club. I think it would be a prudent trade, given his trade value, yet there's many an Eagles fan who only look at the short term negative effect it would have on the club's results. If WC want to fast-track their rebuild, then this would be a good trade.
tesseract What do you think Kennedy would be worth?

Ideally we'd keep the 'spuds' who still have possible room for improvement.

Indeed.

Tunbridge stays for mine. Newman probably doesn't deserve it, but i think he's sure to get another year as well. Which would be his 5th season.

Hill, Mcginnity, Butler, Waters, Main, Ellis (maybe), Mcinnes (maybe) would do it for me. The first 5 definitely need to GTFO, we know what they bring.

Newman is a definite keeper, IMO. I think he should be upgraded onto the main list next year.

Hill, Mcginnity, Butler should be de-listed without question.

Ellis is too good a player to simply throw away. He only goes if his body can't hold up and WC can't get enough games out of him to make his stay worth it.

I'd like McInnes to stay on the list at least for another year.

Main is in the firing line. I'd only de-list him if WC need to make up the numbers when it comes to de-listings.

I'm still undecided when it comes to Tunbridge. He's a tweener, and I'm not usually keen on tweeners.

Shane Yarran proving a few recruiters wrong , 19 goals in four games , two BOG performances . Hopefully WCE or some other team give's him a go in 2016 .

I agree after the WAFL grand final last year when he tore up east perth, I thought he wouldve been a better pickup than the safe option in Lucas. Looks a smart quick player in the forward line which the Eagles lack.

Indeed.

Newman is a definite keeper, IMO. I think he should be upgraded onto the main list next year.

Hill, Mcginnity, Butler should be de-listed without question.

Ellis is too good a player to simply throw away. He only goes if his body can't hold up and WC can't get enough games out of him to make his stay worth it.

I'd like McInnes to stay on the list at least for another year.

Main is in the firing line. I'd only de-list him if WC need to make up the numbers when it comes to de-listings.

I'm still undecided when it comes to Tunbridge. He's a tweener, and I'm not usually keen on tweeners.

Yeah i agree with pretty much all of that. Have to remember Fraser has been on the list 4 years now and is still yet to debut. That's a fair amount of time, even for a KPP. I can't see the club cutting him though.

Ellis, if he can play 15 games this year is worth persevering with. Less than 10 should see the door close.

Lucas i forgot about. He'd probably be on his way out along with Main, if we needed to make up the numbers.

I wanted Tunbridge gone last offseason, but funnily enough he's actually been leapfrogged in terms of 'spudness' and i'd rather others went before him.

Yeah i agree with pretty much all of that. Have to remember Fraser has been on the list 4 years now and is still yet to debut. That's a fair amount of time, even for a KPP. I can't see the club cutting him though.

Ellis, if he can play 15 games this year is worth persevering with. Less than 10 should see the door close.

Lucas i forgot about. He'd probably be on his way out along with Main, if we needed to make up the numbers.

I wanted Tunbridge gone last offseason, but funnily enough he's actually been leapfrogged in terms of 'spudness' and i'd rather others went before him.

I forgot about Lucas. He is rather forgettable, though. He, too, can GTFO. It was a stupid decision to draft him in the first place. He's Dalziell MKII. He's the definition of a list clogger, even if he only be on the rookie list.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back