Upper Murray 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

CUDGEWA
Last years premiers should once again feature in finals this season, have lost 7-9 players from the club Voight the main won was BOG on grand final day, but have kept the bulk of last season playing stock.With B.Deery stepping down as coach and Aaron Lezius taking over has been able to recruit 8 or so players ,how good they are won't know until i see them play.How far they go will depend on their local young players who came of age last season hopefully can maintain that form this season.I think Deery will make agreat impact player playing off the bench up forward or midfield [injuries mite limit how many games he plays].Their running game was spot on last season so expect the same sort of style of footy.Players i think that will step-up another notch are J.Carkeet,M.Pynapples and N.Hewitt plus Alex Star.The player i beleive will be the Xfactor for Cudgie Dane Arthur.PREDICTION 2ND
TUMBARUMBA
Tumba have lost a few good players from last season in M.Molk,Barnes,Hindmarsh and last years coach Howarth did stuggle in the key position but have covered that in their recruitment of players and with the improvement of their local players in Croizier,Zac Stevens and afew others should improve on last season position.If B.Carey can stay injury free for most of the season will back him the most dangerous forward in the comp.With Spencer joinning him as coach playing off halfback and M.Parr retuning to the club will definitely strenghten there last line of defence with the possibility of the other Parr also returning could just give tumba that edge.Xfactor for tumba B.Carey and hopefully for tumba his younger brother returns to the club.PREDICTION 3RD
The last 3 placing will come shortly, hopefully this won't appear twice cheers max

CUDGEWA
Last years premiers should once again feature in finals this season, have lost 7-9 players from the club Voight the main won was BOG on grand final day, but have kept the bulk of last season playing stock.With B.Deery stepping down as coach and Aaron Lezius taking over has been able to recruit 8 or so players ,how good they are won't know until i see them play.How far they go will depend on their local young players who came of age last season hopefully can maintain that form this season.I think Deery will make agreat impact player playing off the bench up forward or midfield [injuries mite limit how many games he plays].Their running game was spot on last season so expect the same sort of style of footy.Players i think that will step-up another notch are J.Carkeet,M.Pynapples and N.Hewitt plus Alex Star.The player i beleive will be the Xfactor for Cudgie Dane Arthur.PREDICTION 2ND
TUMBARUMBA
Tumba have lost a few good players from last season in M.Molk,Barnes,Hindmarsh and last years coach Howarth did stuggle in the key position but have covered that in their recruitment of players and with the improvement of their local players in Croizier,Zac Stevens and afew others should improve on last season position.If B.Carey can stay injury free for most of the season will back him the most dangerous forward in the comp.With Spencer joinning him as coach playing off halfback and M.Parr retuning to the club will definitely strenghten there last line of defence with the possibility of the other Parr also returning could just give tumba that edge.Xfactor for tumba B.Carey and hopefully for tumba his younger brother returns to the club.PREDICTION 3RD
The last 3 placing will come shortly, hopefully this won't appear twice cheers max

Don't think things are going pear shape at all at corryong, there've lost some players which all clubs do but more importantly there've replaced them. Pretty sure they'll finish higher then tumba chopper!! Not sure how you think tumba we'll improve that much when losing there best 3 players!! Agree with Feds they well improve for sure. Have heard cudgewa have lost a few but again replaced them.
So top 3 for me, corryong, Feds, cudgewa with bullioh/tumba for 4th spot. Walwa to win at least 2/3 games

Don't think things are going pear shape at all at corryong, there've lost some players which all clubs do but more importantly there've replaced them. Pretty sure they'll finish higher then tumba chopper!! Not sure how you think tumba we'll improve that much when losing there best 3 players!! Agree with Feds they well improve for sure. Have heard cudgewa have lost a few but again replaced them.
So top 3 for me, corryong, Feds, cudgewa with bullioh/tumba for 4th spot. Walwa to win at least 2/3 games

Big call mate, when you don't know the calibre of the new recruits who are replacing Tumba's top 3, suppose we will have to wait and see

Name the blokes that you think are going to lift tumba to 3rd? Must be good!! I'm not so sure! But good luck anyway,

Name the blokes that you think are going to lift tumba to 3rd? Must be good!! I'm not so sure! But good luck anyway,

Read my previous post, (page 12). Incidentally in that post I have predicted that Tumba will play Feds in the GF with a Tumba win!!. Big call....I know, lets wait and see

Any clubs had practices matches recently? I hear Corryong and Fedrals are playing a 1 off game Anzac Day weekend, what's everyone's thoughts on that?

Yeah read it, so your saying that 4 are going to be the difference?? Parr is good I know but remember both corryong and cudgewa had 2 blokes that kicked 40 plus goals, cudgewa in particular had 2 that kicked 70plus!! So unless parr can not only stop 2 blokes and get the ball out of the middle, I'm saying not a top 3 finish, but hope they do go alright

CORRYONG
Last years runner-up should once again feature in the finals this season.Had a great year last season but were shown up for pace in the G.F. so that would be the first area they need to fix.They have lost some good players Paton the biggest lost but have picked up some handy recruits in M.Ladgrove,Graeber which will give them some pace around the ground with Ladgrove a proven goal kicker when resting down forward.Still have 3 big tall players in McInnes,Spinks and T.Nicholas who i beleive will really improve this season just needs to control his aggression.Would look at playing B.Parker down forward all season can kick goals fittnes is his only problem, they did have a few players in their ressies that are more than capable playing certain rolls in the senoir side.If J.Barlee gets over his knee would make a great candidate for C.H.B. .With Rijnbeek playing out of the square gives them that focal point to kick to,should kick about 50/70gls if he can get good supply.Reguarding Evan been appointed as coach personally i think it's great ,will it affect him playing wise? i don't think so.
Xfactor for Corryong Evan Nicholas
PREDICTION-4TH

BULLIOH
Bulliohs golden run mite be coming to an end,have been the most sucessful team in the comp over the last 8-9 seasons.With afew handy players departing the club this season as the likes of Fenton,Curran and Hindle also Billy Nichols off to Mitta even though he didn't play last season will make it hard for the club to make finals but you can never write them off.If Bullioh can retain the services of Hickey C.Reid and can get back Bradsworth and afew others things could change.The player i beleive will be the Xfactor for Bullioh is S.Gigliotti.This is a hard choice but as i said just going on in an outs on clearances
PREDICTION5

Shannon Gilson has put in a clearance to Murray Magpies. 3 out of the top 5 in the Corryong bnf have now departed.

BIG losses, but recruits coming from Barny are bloody handy..

Anzac day game: Corryong vs Federals, great idea for this league, but what round does this knock out anyone know?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BIG losses, but recruits coming from Barny are bloody handy..

Anzac day game: Corryong vs Federals, great idea for this league, but what round does this knock out anyone know?

BP,

Lets hope the new recruits from Barny are going to stick around a bit longer than Paton, Gilson and co.

Think Anzac game is a good idea! Still think the league really needs to work on getting a rep side going!!
We hope it works aff. Its a joint venture between the clubs and it's something other leagues have been doing for a few years. Should be a cracker of a game with both teams fielding vastly different sides from last year. Hope a big crowd rolls down to the game and I guess it gives other clubs a look at the two teams before they play them. Ground should be in good nick after the weekends rain.

We hope it works aff. Its a joint venture between the clubs and it's something other leagues have been doing for a few years. Should be a cracker of a game with both teams fielding vastly different sides from last year. Hope a big crowd rolls down to the game and I guess it gives other clubs a look at the two teams before they play them. Ground should be in good nick after the weekends rain.

Old Kenny, which round will you guys have a buy for later in year for playing Anzac day game?

Heard today that Bulioh only have senior and reserve football teams this year. Will make for pretty small crowd numbers at away games for them and in turn low gate/canteen takings for the home team.

Heard today that Bulioh only have senior and reserve football teams this year. Will make for pretty small crowd numbers at away games for them and in turn low gate/canteen takings for the home team.

Old Ken,Not good losing the junior side for league or Dogs.

My tip for Sunday is Federals get up by 18
2s Federals 60

WALWA
Walwa will take avery young side into the 2015 season with the possibilty of snaring accouple of wins.Loosing Conor Newnham,Cooper Daley accouple of their talented locals will hurt but all the best having a crack in the O.M.
It's a must for the club now to hang on to these young players they have recruited, will start getting the results from them in 2016 and would'nt be surprised knocking on the door for finals in2017
PREDICTION 6

Went to last weeks game against feds an corryong was really impressed with feds, they have a really good running half backline with J.Collins playing at C.H.B. is going to cause forwards some problems,has good skills and very mobile.The mount beauty guys were in everything switching the play from one side to the other catching corryong out of position.One thing they didn't do was kick the ball in low to B.Ohlin ,up high and was raely outmarked,his kicking range was around about 45/50m and very strong body on body.Corryong was let down by their disposal but to their credit didn't throw the towel in will learn alot from this.Notice Spinks,Barlee, Lavgrove and acouple of others didn't play.Are spinks an barlee playing this season?
Ok tips for this weekends games
Cudgie by 23pts over Corryong
Feds by ? over Walwa,Ohlin to kick 10 plus
Tumba by 17pts over Bullioh

Remove this Banner Ad

Back