Other All things Snooker

Remove this Banner Ad

Ding's through - and now we wait for the beginning of the O'Sullivan/Steadman match.

Came out and was back to his normal game was Ding which is great and when he is playing his best game Snooker is better off for it. :thumbsu:

Ronnie will clean up Steadman soon in the early session in a pretty boring match except for Ronnie playing in socks like he did last night!! :eek: :D

Perry V Anda could be a whitewash and Anda is the lowest ranked player EVER to qualify for the WC at 98 in the World so i cannot see him getting to many frames off Joe Perry but stranger things have happened.

So not really not much of an early session ( 7p.m Melb time ) to look forward to really but i still need my Snooker fix so will be streaming madly once again!

McGill V Selby all tied at 4-4 heading into tonight!!

Going to be a cracker tonight at 7p.m when they return to finish the match and C'mon McGill!! :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Came out and was back to his normal game was Ding which is great and when he is playing his best game Snooker is better off for it. :thumbsu:

Ronnie will clean up Steadman soon in the early session in a pretty boring match except for Ronnie playing in socks like he did last night!! :eek: :D

Perry V Anda could be a whitewash and Anda is the lowest ranked player EVER to qualify for the WC at 98 in the World so i cannot see him getting to many frames off Joe Perry but stranger things have happened.

So not really not much of an early session ( 7p.m Melb time ) to look forward to really but i still need my Snooker fix so will be streaming madly once again!

Just curious what streaming websites you guys are using for these World Champs?
Cheers

Watching the replay of Neil's game yesterday, holy s**t that second last frame was tense. Still don't know the result, about to watch the deciding frame.

Well... poo. Another tense frame but that touching ball on the blue really buggered the comeback.
Good on the other guy. :(

Neil stuffed it earlier and that easy Red along the rail and the Black off the spot killed him putting him down 4-0.

Touching Blue though was terrible luck and you could not do that if you tried!!

I was shattered last night watching it live. :(

Yeah missing the Black off the spot was bad. Costly in the end!
It is one of the most commonly practiced shots as well for all players not just Pros as you always leave something on 99% of the time!! Pros rarely do it but we are all human I guess! I have not seen Neil miss a Black off the spot like that for years.

Going for Selby now to win as I hate Judd Trump.

It is one of the most commonly practiced shots as well for all players not just Pros as you always leave something on 99% of the time!! Pros rarely do it but we are all human I guess! I have not seen Neil miss a Black off the spot like that for years.

Going for Selby now to win as I hate Judd Trump.
I've mostly lost interest now :p
If Ronnie was there I'd be going for him. Will probably just tune in and out now, I'll watch the final though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So far I've managed two catch two great batches in three days, selt/robertson yesterday and Ridley/Woolaston first thing on day one was fantastic. A very one-sided crowd for Ridley. Today there were two good batches on at once. I followed the white match against iran's first pro (I forget the name, sorry) while the fu/gould match went on on the other table. The white game was a bit of a mess: he struck the cue ball off the table and at one point failed to make the cue ball hit an object ball only 5 inches away. He came away with a scrappy win.

It's hard I agree, but you may well live closer to a table or two than you think.

I do! I signed up at montmorency RSL down the road so I could use their tables, which was good although they closed them off and sold them in order to upgrade their bar.

Went to Greensborough RSL instead but they close really early to avoid drunk blokes going down and ruining the tables. They're usually being used on top of that, too. All else is just a litttlee too far away :(

I'm really sorry to hear that, extractasam.

I'm not too familiar with your part of Melbourne, but Watsonia RSL apparently has 3 tables if that helps.

http://www.vbsa.org.au/VBSA_Clubs/Clubs.php
Watsonia have two tables. Quite a good speed too.

If you are interested I know the RSLs run a Monday & Tuesday night comp. Monday is A grade with some really good players, Tuesday is more for your decent amateur, can give you the details of the blokes who run the snooker sections and Greensborough and Watsonia if you want, just PM me and I'll give you their details.

The Riga Open starts today. Match #1 is a bit of a highlight with Anita Maflin, wife of World #38 Kurt Maflin, up against Simon Dent. If Maflin wins that match and her second round match after that, she'll meet former World Champion Ken Doherty, who recently had the awkward task of knocking Reanne Evans out of the World Cup.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back