Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
How do you know if you don't like it if you don't read it ?

Well isnt the first time he has carried on about what Winter says in the media, would have thought he might have a fair idea by now what does and doesnt want to read.

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Was he wrong? I dunno you tell me? Undefeated playing the top 3 teams from 2014. Must be doing something OK down there Windy.

What time did the Lauderdale 'sea breeze' :p come in? Who kicked with it?

A Magpie mate tells me the weather & ground conditions at KTO were great in the first half then the change hit hard. Which is how he said Tigers played. Not much footy, just a lot of scrag & bash.

keen spectator

Debutant
Nov 28, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Was he wrong? I dunno you tell me? Undefeated playing the top 3 teams from 2014. Must be doing something OK down there Windy.
Sounds like they really struggled, 1pt loss on a small oval against all those amazing hard at it in and under players. Good first win against storm, next two far from convincing, a little early to be crowing too loud.

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Sounds like they really struggled, 1pt loss on a small oval against all those amazing hard at it in and under players. Good first win against storm, next two far from convincing, a little early to be crowing too loud.

Who is crowing? You are the one making the song and dance. Do you follow Clarence?

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon

Yeah shocker start, alarm bells would be ringing very loudly I would imagine, only played the two grand finalists from last year and the third placegetters, beat all three of them, including two of them away. Maybe it would have been better to lower themselves into a false sense of security with wins over Hobart City or the Tigers.

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah shocker start, alarm bells would be ringing very loudly I would imagine, only played the two grand finalists from last year and the third placegetters, beat all three of them, including two of them away. Maybe it would have been better to lower themselves into a false sense of security with wins over Hobart City or the Tigers.

North Launy only lost by 1 point dont forget!, but have already touched up Burnie, who then won well over Western Storm yesterday. Clarence just got over Hobart City for their first win. The top sides seem a bit up & down at this early stage.

I guess Western Storm & Clarence would be a bit concerned, but not in a panic, as yet.

Next week Glenorchy v Lauderdale could be a good game. The Pies have had one good win against an under par Roos, but not much else as yet with City & Tigers not setting the world on fire, as yet:D

Devonport are an interesting one too. Again up & down at this early stage. Same as Launceston. Pressure on Hobart City next week at Port. They need to win, or at least prove they are not unfit. They seem to stop far too often.

After round 3, I guess Lauderdale are the inform team, but it is still only early days for the top sides from last year.

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
North Launy only lost by 1 point dont forget!, but have already touched up Burnie, who then won well over Western Storm yesterday. Clarence just got over Hobart City for their first win. The top sides seem a bit up & down at this early stage.

I guess Western Storm & Clarence would be a bit concerned, but not in a panic, as yet.

Next week Glenorchy v Lauderdale could be a good game. The Pies have had one good win against an under par Roos, but not much else as yet with City & Tigers not setting the world on fire, as yet:D

Devonport are an interesting one too. Again up & down at this early stage. Same as Launceston. Pressure on Hobart City next week at Port. They need to win, or at least prove they are not unfit. They seem to stop far too often.

After round 3, I guess Lauderdale are the inform team, but it is still only early days for the top sides from last year.

No doubt mate, I dont think anyone from Lauderdale is getting carried with yesterday's result, it was a 1 point margin so obviously could have gone either way, it is what it is though, getting a win over a fellow finals aspirant this early in the season gives you the confidence to go on with it, not to mention the 4 points which will be very valuable when jockeying for ladder positions late in the season.

keen spectator

Debutant
Nov 28, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
G
Good start by Lauderdale but lets remember that there are no prizes for the best team in april.

Jun 14, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Beautide The Tassie Terminator
What time did the Lauderdale 'sea breeze' :p come in? Who kicked with it?

A Magpie mate tells me the weather & ground conditions at KTO were great in the first half then the change hit hard. Which is how he said Tigers played. Not much footy, just a lot of scrag & bash.

Wasn't the best conditions after halftime, will give the tigers some credit, they are way down on class and big bodies, but they had a crack at it. they do have some impressive youngsters, Lovell very skilful 17 yo , possible draft prospect I would think.

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
G

Good start by Lauderdale but lets remember that there are no prizes for the best team in april.

There are 4 points on offer each week though and all you can do is get as many as you can, you might not be able to win much in April but you certainly can lose a fair bit.

Old Dog Lion

Draftee
Apr 22, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Wasn't the best conditions after halftime, will give the tigers some credit, they are way down on class and big bodies, but they had a crack at it. they do have some impressive youngsters, Lovell very skilful 17 yo , possible draft prospect I would think.
Lovell was outstanding, had 42 touches on the back of 40 the previous week versus Devonport

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hope the weather isnt too wet tomorrow. Will be going to the Dawn service & then the march.

I'm not confident about City playing in Devonport. Lost too many good players & not the experience to cover them. Dport by 25
Glenorchy v Lauderdale sounds like an interesting game, I think Lauderdale will be too strong if its wet by 18pts
Pressure is on Western Storm but North Launy by 25
Clarence by 50 at KTO
Burnie by 20 over Launy.

I might get to KGV if we dont get trapped at the RSL:rolleyes:

Hawkboy

Team Captain
Mar 25, 2009
North West Tasmania
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hope the weather isnt too wet tomorrow. Will be going to the Dawn service & then the march.

I'm not confident about City playing in Devonport. Lost too many good players & not the experience to cover them. Dport by 25
Glenorchy v Lauderdale sounds like an interesting game, I think Lauderdale will be too strong if its wet by 18pts
Pressure is on Western Storm but North Launy by 25
Clarence by 50 at KTO
Burnie by 20 over Launy.

I might get to KGV if we dont get trapped at the RSL:rolleyes:

I think Devonport might be a bit too good for Hobart City tomorrow although if Hobart City can play for more than half a game they might be in with a chance. I hope to get along to this game if the weather is ok. Devonport by 20
Glenorchy by 16
North Launy by 40
Clarence by 45
Burnie by 35

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Historic win for the "Tigers" well done !, interesting times at Bellerive no doubt, there eastern shore cousins still having trouble at KGV.....nightmare for the tipping

Well blow down:eek: What a great win for the new boys. It would be like a GF win for them. Coach Henley would be swinging off the rafters by now:p

We ended up going out to KGV with my old magpie mate, It was pretty cool! but no rain. Lauderdale looked up & about early. They ran hard & stopped the opposition.I though then, how far the bombers? Then Quarter time came & I think they must have changed jumpers! Glenorchy tackled & ran & kept running. That was the end of the game. Simple as that. Lauderdale looked slow after 1/4 time. Cassidy tried hard & dished a bit out but that was never enough. Anyway I'm sure Windy will have the answers:rolleyes:

Jun 14, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Beautide The Tassie Terminator
Now, I concede that Clarence will finish higher on the ladder than the tigers this season, but........ To all the Ex Kingborough players who left to go to Clarence in the past 2 or 3 years........ hope you enjoy the week!!!!!

Top effort by a very young group, who are willing to listen to there coach and play with some passion, well done.

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
That's because a lot of the players aren't there own, they are from other clubs.

Yes I wonder if the club will now start to develop their own young players instead of buying players. It might be a good thing for them to do for a change.

Somehow I dont think they will. They aren't use to building anything. The BRO development just fell into their hands. They have been buying other clubs players for over 20 years.

I'd hate to be a young guy in their district. You'd have to look at going elsewhere to get a go.

I know people at Brighton footy club who say they lose the good lads to Clarence, but they never see or hear from them. They do nothing to help.

Clearly I dont know, but thats what they say.

Hawkboy

Team Captain
Mar 25, 2009
North West Tasmania
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yes I wonder if the club will now start to develop their own young players instead of buying players. It might be a good thing for them to do for a change.

Somehow I dont think they will. They aren't use to building anything. The BRO development just fell into their hands. They have been buying other clubs players for over 20 years.

I'd hate to be a young guy in their district. You'd have to look at going elsewhere to get a go.

I know people at Brighton footy club who say they lose the good lads to Clarence, but they never see or hear from them. They do nothing to help.

Clearly I dont know, but thats what they say.

Madmug I don't think many people would disagree with your comments about Clarence recruiting ready made players. History proves that no club can go on winning flags year after year and Clarence are no exception. It was inevitable that they would slip back eventually and it will very interesting to see whether they decide to go into a rebuilding phase or just continue to recruit ready made players. Its not as if they haven't had a lot of talented juniors to bring in to senior football. Its only early in the season and they may still sneak in to the finals but already it seems like a top 3 spot is out of the question and unless we see a real upset when they play Burnie at West Park this week they will be 1-4 on Saturday night. Their next 3 games are Glenorchy (H) Western Storm (A) and then Lauderdale (A) and on current form they could lose all 3 of those games as well and if that happens its obviously season over for them.

Back