NEAFL 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Goodes should be drafted into a struggling NEAFL side in Canberra and do his bit for our game in our community.

Goodes should be drafted into a struggling NEAFL side in Canberra and do his bit for our game in our community.

What in the world are you smoking? On what planet would a 300+ game AFL star who has spent countless hours doing various forms of community work have an obligation to prop up a struggling state league team (Eastlake is who I assume you were referring to?)? Now, if the NEAFL did not have reserves sides, but instead drafted players out to the clubs in the comp, and Goodes was assigned to one team, then sure, he should play for them if not picked in the seniors and he hasn't retired. But in the current set up, you are kidding yourself and talking dribble.

Tipping Round 2

Chikka Ferguson (4) 7
Pea Nut (2) 6
Stuyd1 (3) 6
Lifes a Beach1 (3) 6
Dogwarna (3) 6
Grimlock (4) 6
justabaraker (3) 5
Billybunter (3) 5
2010Premier (3) 5

Congratulations to Chikka & Grimlock winners this week with 4, taking Chikka to an early lead on 7. Peanut didn't put tips in so got away games of 2.

We need to do what is best for the game in the region
What is best for the region is reduce the Canberra teams to 1.

I haven't seen any Eastlake games this year, but the results are horrific, they have increased footy spend with a fulltime coach and rolled out on the wrong end of 2 x 20 goal floggings.

Anyone seen any of these games? whats wrong with them?

I bet they are ruing not joining Belco and Qbn in pulling the pin.

You take Eastlake out of the current comp and it looks relatively even setup.

The Rising star award seemed a bit odd....

As for rep team selection, I couldn't imagine more than 3 players making it from Canberra.

What in the world are you smoking? On what planet would a 300+ game AFL star who has spent countless hours doing various forms of community work have an obligation to prop up a struggling state league team (Eastlake is who I assume you were referring to?)? Now, if the NEAFL did not have reserves sides, but instead drafted players out to the clubs in the comp, and Goodes was assigned to one team, then sure, he should play for them if not picked in the seniors and he hasn't retired. But in the current set up, you are kidding yourself and talking dribble.
Goodes to a struggling would change everything and open the way to sustainable and viable teams challenging for the title from the ACT. It must happen. We need to spread the talent and make ACTAFL a force. Next step, ACT for the 19th AFL license.

Last week Eastlake were hammered by 130 odd, they had the rising star nomination and 4 players in the team of the week...give me a spell....

And Redlands by beating Syd Uni is a massive upset...again, give me a spell

Something interesting is Southport have flown to Darwin late Friday night arriving just after midnight and will be home Sunday morning, it's the way we used to do it but flying to Darwin mid arvo friday. This is the preferred way I think. Clubs now in charge of there own travel north. I take it they just invoice HQ..Business class it is!!!!

Tips
Swans
redlands
ainslie
Nt
Aspley
Where is the team of the week published?

Last week Eastlake were hammered by 130 odd, they had the rising star nomination and 4 players in the team of the week...give me a spell....

And Redlands by beating Syd Uni is a massive upset...again, give me a spell

Something interesting is Southport have flown to Darwin late Friday night arriving just after midnight and will be home Sunday morning, it's the way we used to do it but flying to Darwin mid arvo friday. This is the preferred way I think. Clubs now in charge of there own travel north. I take it they just invoice HQ..Business class it is!!!!

Surely the preferred travel plan to Darwin is the one the AFL reserves clubs use - fly up Friday and stay two nights then fly back mid sunday.
Teams have generally elected to fly up saturday of game I think. Flying up day of game not ideal nor is flying in the middle of the night back.
NEAFL budget should surely allow 2 nights accomodation for Darwin games.

What is best for the region is reduce the Canberra teams to 1.

I haven't seen any Eastlake games this year, but the results are horrific, they have increased footy spend with a fulltime coach and rolled out on the wrong end of 2 x 20 goal floggings.

Anyone seen any of these games? whats wrong with them?

I bet they are ruing not joining Belco and Qbn in pulling the pin.

You take Eastlake out of the current comp and it looks relatively even setup.

The Rising star award seemed a bit odd....

As for rep team selection, I couldn't imagine more than 3 players making it from Canberra.
Absolutely essential that Eastlake stay in the NEAFL to ensure viability and a pathway for young footballers (keen for a future in the game) here in the ACT.

Absolutely essential that Eastlake stay in the NEAFL to ensure viability and a pathway for young footballers (keen for a future in the game) here in the ACT.

From what I have heard over the last 3 months is that it would help if Eastlake got some professional individuals involved to steer their club in right direction as it currently is a debacle

Is it true the new coach pulled out in the warm up on the weekend ?? Leaving his young teammates to deal with the bigger bodies and get smashed physically and mentally whilst he sat up in the box with the heater on high??? How can you lead a club out its awful predicament if your leader cant even face the music??

All I can say is they must have a war chest of $$$$$ in the basement at Eastlake as the amount of good money thrown after bad in the last 12 months is ridiculous from all accounts.

How the footy manager ( who I have never met ) has kept his job is a blight on all involved there??!!

From what I have heard over the last 3 months is that it would help if Eastlake got some professional individuals involved to steer their club in right direction as it currently is a debacle

Is it true the new coach pulled out in the warm up on the weekend ?? Leaving his young teammates to deal with the bigger bodies and get smashed physically and mentally whilst he sat up in the box with the heater on high??? How can you lead a club out its awful predicament if your leader cant even face the music??

All I can say is they must have a war chest of $$$$$ in the basement at Eastlake as the amount of good money thrown after bad in the last 12 months is ridiculous from all accounts.

How the footy manager ( who I have never met ) has kept his job is a blight on all involved there??!!
whats happend there on Saturday? Did he pull out due to injury?
I think they are a club with a great culture and are rebuilding at the moment

whats happend there on Saturday? Did he pull out due to injury?
I think they are a club with a great culture and are rebuilding at the moment

mmmmm.... ok ?

Not sure if you are a bit ' special ' & this is the first time you have been unsupervised by your carer on your laptop but if you were unaware of your coach pulling out on the weekend then you obviously need to either :

A/ go to a NEAFL game one day.... there is a website you can look up fixtures and grounds etc...

B/ if you do go to games..... look up what number your coach wears and reconcile it against players on field, if you cant see his number he is not playing

C/ check which club you actually support or are registered with and check their colours & stuff... & take your medication

or D/ please go away and stop taking the pi$$

mmmmm.... ok ?

Not sure if you are a bit ' special ' & this is the first time you have been unsupervised by your carer on your laptop but if you were unaware of your coach pulling out on the weekend then you obviously need to either :

A/ go to a NEAFL game one day.... there is a website you can look up fixtures and grounds etc...

B/ if you do go to games..... look up what number your coach wears and reconcile it against players on field, if you cant see his number he is not playing

C/ check which club you actually support or are registered with and check their colours & stuff... & take your medication

or D/ please go away and stop taking the pi$$
Sorry mate was on the p!ss at a Bucks and wasn't able to live stream the game on my iphone....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry mate was on the p!ss at a Bucks and wasn't able to live stream the game on my iphone....
Yeah no worries ....

Of course ...All great clubs with great cultures need blokes like you trying to download the live stream on their Iphones ...thats what great clubs are built on ??

Anyway, all the best to you and your woeful club ...what ever your connection is? did you play Bingo at their clubhouse once or??

Will I see you at Manuka for Giants game or have you got a wedding to go to and will try listen to it on Demons FM ?

Yeah no worries ....

Of course ...All great clubs with great cultures need blokes like you trying to download the live stream on their Iphones ...thats what great clubs are built on ??

Anyway, all the best to you and your woeful club ...what ever your connection is? did you play Bingo at their clubhouse once or??

Will I see you at Manuka for Giants game or have you got a wedding to go to and will try listen to it on Demons FM ?
yeah mate lets go for a beer

NEAFL 2015

Round 3

BRISBANE LIONS V AINSLIE

Sat 25 Apr 12:00 PM
Coorparoo

ASPLEY V SYDNEY UNIVERSITY
Graham Road

GOLD COAST SUNS V SYDNEY SWANS
Harrup Park