Zero Carb Diet

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
"Eating a meat diet will eventually eliminate gut bacteria needed to digest some plant materials and produce intolerances. The missing bacteria will not be regained upon return to eating plants again."

This is a post about paleo but you will get a good idea why ballance is crucial. (This is one of the best blogs on the net)

http://coolinginflammation.blogspot.com.au/2014/02/paleo-gut-flora-repair.html

haden1999

Senior List
Jul 26, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
"Eating a meat diet will eventually eliminate gut bacteria needed to digest some plant materials and produce intolerances. The missing bacteria will not be regained upon return to eating plants again."

This is a post about paleo but you will get a good idea why ballance is crucial. (This is one of the best blogs on the net)

http://coolinginflammation.blogspot.com.au/2014/02/paleo-gut-flora-repair.html

" I suggest that the antibiotic-damaged gut flora will screw up the immune system and bring the patient back to the doctor’s office even sicker. "

from the blog you posted. That attitude really annoys me. I understand the importance of using antibiotics discerningly but he's making out there are no use for them.

I'm currently taking antibiotics in order to rid myself of a parasite that cannot be killed "naturally". This parasite has been reaking havoc on me for a long time and since beginning this tripple antibiotic treatment, i've felt the best i've felt in years. No brain fog, headaches, etc etc. Antibiotics, when used correctly, are an incredible medicinal tool. Yes, they nuke gut flora, BUT taking kefir and yogurt (despite what he's saying in his blog), is very helpful. Even though the bacterica dies fairly quickly, it does the usual useful things for your body during the small time it's alive - also, even when not taking antibiotics individual gut flora is not alive very long.

Last edited:

Big Cox 88

Cancelled
Low Carb High Fat - Acolyte
Apr 1, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
AC Milan, Chelsea
My parents frustrate me. Sore throat or common cold straight to the doc for antibiotics. Their reasoning is they don't want it to become bronchitis or pneumonia.

They take so many antibiotics that soon they will not work when something more serious might hit them.

SHAKESPEARE

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 21, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Been doing Keto for a month. Nothing that extreme, but close enough.

6 kegs down.

5/25/70 Macro Breakdown. 1800 cals per day.

A ******* breeze

Last edited:

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
Been doing Keto for a month. Nothing that extreme, but close enough.

6 kegs down.

5/25/70 Macro Breakdown. 1800 cals per day.

A ******* breeze

Calories seem really. I saw in the members thread you are now at 98kgs? How tall are you?

I only ask you would seem to be in a big deficit so losing weight now will be "easier" If you hit a stall dropping down from 1800 calories there is much room to move.

But if you feel full for most of the time and its working don't change on what i say.

Keep up the good work

SHAKESPEARE

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 21, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Calories seem really. I saw in the members thread you are now at 98kgs? How tall are you?

I only ask you would seem to be in a big deficit so losing weight now will be "easier" If you hit a stall dropping down from 1800 calories there is much room to move.

But if you feel full for most of the time and its working don't change on what i say.

Keep up the good work

5'10.

Dropping from 2100 to 1800 seemed to work, so I am staying here for a while.

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
5'10.

Dropping from 2100 to 1800 seemed to work, so I am staying here for a while.

Yeah but where do you go from 1800? You could eat 2800 calories and still lose weight. Then drop 100-200 calories every 2 weeks.

I have been dieting for my first physique comp which is in 2.5 weeks. I started around 95kg back in mid Jan and started off on 3200 calories and have been slowly dropping calories since, i am down to 2100 now but have consistently lost 1kg a week. I am currently weighing in around 81kg.

My point being i could of lost weight a lot quicker by going from 4000 calories a day at 95kg down to 2000 calories straight away, trouble being if i stalled i didn't have many calories to play with. You want to lose as much weight as you can, on as many calories as you can.

But as i said keep going with what is working!

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Anyone tried this?

Cant believe how much I am reading about it now. Appears it gained momentum in the mid 80's and has a rather large following. Like all quirky movements its popularity is now pushing it into "fad" status on the net.

Must say I'm blown away with what I'm reading and the health and bloods of the followers.

Thinking about trying the 30 day challenge

Training Mad

All Australian
Nov 16, 2011
The Big Apple
AFL Club
St Kilda
Anyone tried this?

Cant believe how much I am reading about it now. Appears it gained momentum in the mid 80's and has a rather large following. Like all quirky movements its popularity is now pushing it into "fad" status on the net.

Must say I'm blown away with what I'm reading and the health and bloods of the followers.

Thinking about trying the 30 day challenge
I did a week of it 3 weeks ago, was feeling good only eating rib eye steak for dinner fasting in between, i dropped 5kg but have put 2 back on, I will try it again in spring

Back