Teams 2015 Melbourne Storm discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

game day at AAMI!

beautiful Autumn weather, no rain.

pre-drinks at the Corner.

Sharks have never won a game in Melbourne.

actually I don't know what I mean. my NRL app shows that they've never won at AAMI:

but this preview says that the last time the Sharks won at AAMI was 2008:

http://m.nrl.com/storm-v-sharks-preview/tabid/10874/newsid/84652/default.aspx

not gonna pretend to be an expert, I've only been supporting the Storm for the last 5 years. did Cronulla beat Melbourne at Olympic park? and didn't the Storm move to AAMI in 2010?

Correct AAMI Park opened in 2010. I can remember Cronulla beating us in in Melbourne in 2008, 2004 and 1999

I was just looking at the Storm lineup and I noticed Tonumaepia and Koroibete on the wings and Chambers and Mann in the centres. I haven't followed the team too closely lately, so I'm not familiar with all these guys (except Chambers) and it has me wondering about Duffie and Fonua. What's happening there? Are these new kids just too good? Or are Duffie and Fonua out for other reasons (injury, etc)? If they're out because of injury or something, who do they replace when they return?

I was just looking at the Storm lineup and I noticed Tonumaepia and Koroibete on the wings and Chambers and Mann in the centres. I haven't followed the team too closely lately, so I'm not familiar with all these guys (except Chambers) and it has me wondering about Duffie and Fonua. What's happening there? Are these new kids just too good? Or are Duffie and Fonua out for other reasons (injury, etc)? If they're out because of injury or something, who do they replace when they return?
Fonua was a late in last weekend (for Tonumaepia) and played reasonably well I think. Scored a try. Cant remember how he went in defense

Been on the AFL boards for a while but im new here even though ive been a Storm Member for yrs.
I must admit i was worried about Storms speed on the outside after loosing O'Neil & Waqa .
But jeeezus im a bit more relaxed now after the development of Koroibete:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:
If we can just get Duffie fit then we have no pace problems at all.
Koroibete is another case of Bellamy turning a bit player into a regular contributor .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been very happy with our start to the season, take away the bullshit loss to the Sea Eagles and the brain fade against the Cowboys and we are undefeated.
They are playing like a proper Bellyache side. The defence has also improved. Still a long time to go but hopefully we can hang around the top end of the ladder.

I'm still trying to find an answer to my question earlier... now the line-up for todays game has Fonua opposite Koroibete on the wings. Why the change from Tonumapea? Again, I'm wondering what our line-up would be with a fully fit roster?

Just watched the Manly game. Blake Green looked good again; I'm sure youse guys can appreciate, when we had him, and Sam Tomkins and Pat Richards we had a pretty good side... :p

I

I've been loving how quick he is. Seems pretty big and powerful too. Not sure on how big he actually is though
He's a very good player (Had bucketloads of talent and was fair too good for the NSW Cup) Was really disappointed that we didn't sign him, instead we're playing Maranta instead. :cry:

Bellamy is one of only a handful of coaches that appreciates the state leagues sadly.

Yep quite enjoying him in the team. Best we've had in the position for a while
Bloody harsh on Widdop.

He's a very good player (Had bucketloads of talent and was fair too good for the NSW Cup) Was really disappointed that we didn't sign him, instead we're playing Maranta instead. :cry:

Bellamy is one of only a handful of coaches that appreciates the state leagues sadly.

Bloody harsh on Widdop.
Been one of Bellamy's strengths for a long time, getting the best out of underutilised or unknown talent.

Don't get me wrong Widdop was really good, but I also think he has much improved since he has become the number 1 man if you will.

And this thread seems to have gone the same way, Why isn't anyone posting?
Blame origin...

I'm not sure. I barely check this board lately.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back