West Indies vs England, 3 test matches

Remove this Banner Ad

Brathwaite tons up after 250 balls or close to. Gotta love the West Indies, love their Crimson helmets, swagger and beautiful environments around the games. Shame their test side is screwed.. Not sure how they can get out of the hole they are in now and become a powerhouse again. IPL and 2020 has ruined that in general

Brathwaite tons up after 250 balls or close to. Gotta love the West Indies, love their Crimson helmets, swagger and beautiful environments around the games. Shame their test side is screwed.. Not sure how they can get out of the hole they are in now and become a powerhouse again. IPL and 2020 has ruined that in general

Why's their test side screwed? Certainly lack a bit in the bowling department and batting can be hit and miss, but Bravo and Brathwaite should be two very good players for a long time to come. Whilst Samuels is a bit of a headcase and getting on in his years he's a world class test batsman. Not saying that they're going to rise to number one, but I can't see them going too far backwards.

A draw here is looking very likely so to go into the third test 0-0, not many people would have picked that.

A draw here is looking very likely so to go into the third test 0-0, not many people would have picked that.

Afew predicted it would be like this because the pitches are so flat. I'll take a 0-0 series if it means Moores / Whitaker get turfed out before the Ashes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The West Indies need to make some hard calls, Chanderpaul needs to be moved on, he's not apart of the future, Smith needs to be replaced by Powell or Barath and they need to be given time to cement their spots.

I think the West Indies need to take advantage of the dry wickets playing two spinners, but forget about Benn, young Jomel Warrican should be given a chance especially with the third test being played at his home ground.

Unfortunately Holder may be out with an ankle injury, so this would be my team.

Brathwaite, Powell, Bravo, Samuels, Blackwood, Ramdin, Brathwaite, Taylor, Bishoo, Roach, Warrican.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/cricke...-sir-don-bradman/story-fndpt0dy-1227324143928

193271-mike-hussey.jpg

That's cute.

Reckon you're mad prematurely pushing Chanderpaul out. Agree about getting Powell back in and have no idea on his form but it shocks me that a guy who can play as maturely as Barath did as a kid on foreign soil can have been so mediocre since. Would love to think it was just a blip, but it's been over 5 years since he made that ton in Brisbane!

Reckon you're mad prematurely pushing Chanderpaul out. Agree about getting Powell back in and have no idea on his form but it shocks me that a guy who can play as maturely as Barath did as a kid on foreign soil can have been so mediocre since. Would love to think it was just a blip, but it's been over 5 years since he made that ton in Brisbane!

Last I heard, he was struggling to get a game at first class level.

At 40, Chanderpaul needs to contribute more often than not, he struggled against South Africa and hasn't done anything against England, people will argue they need his experience, but how can other's gain experience, if a player, who won't be in the new coaches plans, keeps them out.

At 40, Chanderpaul needs to contribute more often than not, he struggled against South Africa and hasn't done anything against England, people will argue they need his experience, but how can other's gain experience, if a player, who won't be in the new coaches plans, keeps them out.

Giving young players chances has not been the problem for the West Indies. I am not advocating playing Chanderpaul until he's in a nursing home, but he is still clearly the biggest wicket for the opposition and whilst he hasn't made an huge scores of late, he consistently makes solid scores and can be relied upon to bat for a few hours. I'd also say that his presence in the side is pretty vital for Holder to draw upon his experience as the other senior leaders in Gayle and Sammy have moved on. If you can specifically name a player who is being unjustly kept out by him being there then go ahead and name him, but I doubt you can.

Not related to this series, but England have named an interesting side for their ODI against Ireland in a couple of weeks. James Taylor promoted to captain which I very much like. Billings, Gregory, Willey, Ansari, Vince and Roy all in. I think whilst all the changes give Ireland a very good chance of winning, almost to the point where they'd be favourites, these are reasonably positive inclusions in the long term for Englands ODI side.

Biggest beat up ever, it's ridiculous how the English press do this. I like Balance, though I'm still not completely sold on him yet, personally I wouldn't mind seeing him open tonight and we had Trott at 3.
It's not like the Aussie press didn't do similar things with Phil Hughes at the start of his career.

Biggest beat up ever, it's ridiculous how the English press do this. I like Balance, though I'm still not completely sold on him yet, personally I wouldn't mind seeing him open tonight and we had Trott at 3.

I don't really understand the thought process behind Trott as an opener. Lot more unnecessary pressure on him, he doesn't open at county level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back