Vic E/W Link / Metro Rail / Large projects

Remove this Banner Ad

How is Andrews planning to finance the build of the Metro Rail Link Pess?

You might also ask who will do the work too, as major firms moved construction capability out of Victoria during the bailleu government coma. Rustbucket as you describe it started the day he was elected

Jane you know Abbott is playing political games on this, and taxes including fuel taxes and GST are controlled by the commonwealth.
Its a pretty poor state of affairs, both sides acknowledge this privately

Your post has a poor tone, and if you were in charge you'd be applying the wedge to the max
Now run along and bait your other targets

You might also ask who will do the work too, as major firms moved construction capability out of Victoria during the bailleu government coma. Rustbucket as you describe it started the day he was elected

Jane you know Abbott is playing political games on this, and taxes including fuel taxes and GST are controlled by the commonwealth.
Its a pretty poor state of affairs, both sides acknowledge this privately

Your post has a poor tone, and if you were in charge you'd be applying the wedge to the max
Now run along and bait your other targets

Is that a long winded way of saying you have no effing idea how Andrews can finance this build and neither would he?
Well done |Pess. Go Labor

Let me make it easier - when was the last time any Victorian Labor government financed and built a major rail or road infrastructure project of the magnitude if Metro Rail or EW?

Is that a long winded way of saying you have no effing idea how Andrews can finance this build and neither would he?

Let me make it easier - when was the last time any Victorian Labor government financed and built a major rail or road infrastructure project of the magnitude if Metro Rail or EW?

Eastlink ?

Fixing up the westgate freeway after citylink choked it up ?

Tulla calder interchange

deer park bypass ?

when was the last time liberals built something without being bent over in negotiations ?

Fixing up the westgate freeway after citylink choked it up ?

Tulla calder interchange

deer park bypass ?

Are you serious about quoting comparatively small scale and comparatively inexpensive structural improvements to existing major infrastructure built by earlier governments as significant infrastructure projects of magnitude?

Funnily enough, wiki says it was the Howard govt what financed deer park.
Oh and where are the great rail projects financed and built by Labor as p-recedents for metro rail?

Are you making some kind of joke here? Eastlink was built by private money.
Not only that it was a coalition project which Bracks abandoned a la Rustbucket Andrews after winning the 1999 election.
Some months later Bracks apparently decided he was not going to preside over returning Victoria to its pre Kennett rustbucketry af6ter all and set about financing and building the east link tolls and all.

15 years later we have another Labor premier doing precisely the opposite - nixing the logical extension of eastlink , financed and underway, while at the same time bullshytting that his govt is capable of building the hugely expensive and complicated Metro Rail using public money.

For which you cannot find even one precedent Pess.
7000 jobs and half a billionb down the gurgler. Your Labor govt being exorably strangled by the greencreeps.

East west was mainly federal money. They collect all the taxes from victorians as well as the rest of the country. But Im sure you know that.

I forgot peninsula link.

Labor govts are far from perfect but you are disingenious. Put it this way, if andrews took himself off on a 12 month holiday, his govt would still outperform bailleus term as premier

Not that we should be allowing such low standards by the way

Last edited:
East west was mainly federal money. They collect all the taxes from victorians as well as the rest of the country. But Im sure you know that.

Eastwest ended up being built by Steve Bracks.

I forgot peninsula link.

Indeed. and its hard to imagine John Brumby knocking back the once in a lifetime opportunity to link the west with the Mornington pensinsular and vice versa.

And there's NO major rail build, is there Pess? Zilch and nada.

Labor govts are far from perfect but you are disingenious. Put it this way, if andrews took himself off on a 12 month holiday, his govt would still outperform bailleus term as premier

If Danny took himself on a holiday nothing would change on Victoria's inevitable march to rustbucktry probably over the next 3 terms. You only have to read the greencreep posts on this thread.

Ironically it maybe be the Qld and Victorian votes for CFMEU rustbucketry that may save the Abbott government so its no wonder you can't stop whingeing about the Libs in every second breath - while your own party is dying on the vine.

Eastwest ended up being built by Steve Bracks.

Indeed. and its hard to imagine John Brumby knocking back the once in a lifetime opportunity to link the west with the Mornington pensinsular and vice versa.

And there's NO major rail build, is there Pess? Zilch and nada.

If Danny took himself on a holiday nothing would change on Victoria's inevitable march to rustbucktry probably over the next 3 terms. You only have to read the greencreep posts on this thread.

Ironically it maybe be the Qld and Victorian votes for CFMEU rustbucketry that may save the Abbott government so its no wonder you can't stop whingeing about the Libs in every second breath - while your own party is dying on the vine.

Have you got shares in buckets or just an extremely limited vocabulary?

I don't know what rust buckets are, but the more I hear about them, the more I want one!

The money lost is the liberals fault, both state and federal, and they should be held responsible for not waiting a few weeks to take this to the election. Labour are just doing what the electorate asked them to do in Abbott's self proclaimed 'refferendum'.

End of story.

Now I'm not calling guru a hypocritical, partisan hack. (I am).

But look at his outrage over this... vs his condemnation of the NBN...

I think the fact that this male, pretends to be an elderly woman, says enough...

Large Rail Projects in Vic initiated by Labor since 2000
- Regional Rail Link 5Bil
- South Morang Rail Extension 500mil
- Regional Fast Rail 750mil
- Grade separations at Middleborough Rd and Nunawading

Petty decent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Once cartoonists start mocking you it doesn't get betterView attachment 128294
From memory the same cartoonist spent most of the last 2 years mocking Napthine, before that did the same to Baillieu. Hell even the opinion writer in H-S was paying out on Baillieu.

Herald-Sun should be criticised for their unintelligent and uneducated bias re EW Link. Then again the standard of the Hun has been appalling since the Herald and the Sun combined in 1990 as it stands.

Meanwhile, Andrews has helped out Geelong in a way by assisting Avalon Airport retain Jetstar flights in and out of the airport. Next step at Avalon is to get the thing upgraded to give Tulla a chop out for domestic and international flights and back Lindsay Fox in building a rail link from Little River.

Herald-Sun should be criticised for their unintelligent and uneducated bias re EW Link. Then again the standard of the Hun has been appalling since the Herald and the Sun combined in 1990 as it stands.

Meanwhile, Andrews has helped out Geelong in a way by assisting Avalon Airport retain Jetstar flights in and out of the airport. Next step at Avalon is to get the thing upgraded to give Tulla a chop out for domestic and international flights and back Lindsay Fox in building a rail link from Little River.

In theory great, APAC will crack the shits though.

Why is this guy (and his cronies) getting a free ride?

He said that the E-W Link contracts were "not worth the paper they were written on" and now wants to enact legislation to retrospectively alter the validity of the contracts.

If I were to take over a business based on the premise that I would not have to pay Long Service Leave to employees, and then I was advised that my legal obligations were to pay Long Service Leave to employees, would I be able to use a get out of goal free card? No. This is not Monopoly Mr Andrews.

If you make a mistake you must own up to it.

Equity follows the law.

The rule of law can not be broken for poor decision-makers.
We all know why the EW Link was scrapped. The mafia unions were not allowed on the work site.

We all know why the EW Link was scrapped. The mafia unions were not allowed on the work site.
Um! No! Because the electorate voted that way. I know you Liaberals pay scant attention to such matters as undertakings, honesty, integrity et al. But some of us place a value on it.

Eastlink, Peninsula Link, Regional Rail Link.

If we are going for engineering challenge than you could add the North-South Pipeline.

Last edited:
Didnt they refuse to use the north south like spoled toddlers.

Was at a reservoir public space a couple of years ago and they had a map on it wuth water pipelines all over the place. The devils tool they aint.

Just precious politicians

Remove this Banner Ad

Back