Votes: 49 32.9%
  • Adelaide Crows

Votes: 47 31.5%
  • Ayce Cordy wins the internetz

Votes: 53 35.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I was at Aurora Stadium last week and Cordy was absolutely a waste of space. It wasnt just my opinion, but the supporters around me and the radio commentary team.

He didnt get one kick, nor did he in the previous week.

His career stats are no better either. He has played 22 games for an average of 3.4 hitouts and 2.5 marks per game. This is simply woeful for a ruckman. In comparison Tom Campbell has played 20 games for 9.5 hitouts and 2.2 marks, while Minson averages 21.2 hitouts and 2.2 marks.

So, on those stats, if the coach wants to give Minson a spell for whatever reason, Tom Campbell is way in front of "waste of space/first round draft pick" Ayce f*%king Cordy.

Obviously the MC has a different opinion. Who is right, only time will tell.

Relax its only a game of footy.

Succinctly put. This is the oddest team selection I've experienced. Can't get my head around it.

Can I nominate Mark Austin in 2014. Was lucky to hold his spot in the VFL and was promoted to the AFL, over Talia, for some 10 games were he constantly lost his feet, his player and any football respect.

Can I nominate Mark Austin in 2014. Was lucky to hold his spot in the VFL and was promoted to the AFL, over Talia, for some 10 games were he constantly lost his feet, his player and any football respect.

Agree. Possibly the worst games I've seen in a Dogs jumper.

I think this is a great move from the coach.. I like Minson but the coach is big on players that can do more roles for the team and Minson can only do ruck.. Ayce can do ruck forward( still to prove ) but to know if he is good enough we have to play him as first ruck.. If he does not work then not contract at the end of the year.

Seems like Beveridge has fully embraced his role of bigfooty supertroll, with this selection of Ayce Cordy his work is up there with previous grandmaster troll McCartney.

Or is this the work of... Iago! (Yebiga please advise).

It sucks having to wait til 4.40 tomorrow. With such intriguing team selection I just wanna see a) who is actually going to play and b)whether it's genius or disaster

You are entitled to your opinion, but there are thousands of VFL and AFL
former players who would have loved a 50 game career.
I don't think Mark Austin ever picked himself at match committee and yet
people at two AFL clubs did almost 50 times.

The only reason I would be comfortable if clay Smith played was if he is named sub. To play him in the 21 is nonsensical.

Sneaky suspicion Minson will come in at the last minute
I don't think Bev is the sort of guy who's into clawing wins by mind games and sneaky selection trix

You are entitled to your opinion, but there are thousands of VFL and AFL
former players who would have loved a 50 game career.
I don't think Mark Austin ever picked himself at match committee and yet
people at two AFL clubs did almost 50 times.

I thought his 2012 and 2013 seasons were ok and he made solid contributions but I was referring to his 2014 AFL season which was crap and his VFL form did not justify his selection in the AFL nor did his performance at AFL justify his continuing 10 games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im honestly starting to think Bev sees something geniuine in Ayce. I remember in an interview when asked about Cordy he said that he has never had a good run at it and he thinks that Ayce could very well be something special. Im paraphrasing and might have remembered it a bit wrong.. ill try and find the article.

Im honestly starting to think Bev sees something geniuine in Ayce. I remember in an interview when asked about Cordy he said that he has never had a good run at it and he thinks that Ayce could very well be something special. Im paraphrasing and might have remembered it a bit wrong.. ill try and find the article.
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-chance-against-richmond-20150410-1mi3i9.html

This is before the Richmond game.

Here is one of the quotes :

"He's injury-free, he's healthy so there's a lot of positivity around Ayce," said Beveridge, who didn't believe it was now or never for the 24-year-old to take his opportunity. With ready-made talls relatively few and far between at AFL level, Beveridge said he was happy to give the big man some more time.

"If you think of the ways he's performed at VFL level and consider that he's had some issues with his body over the journey, there's no reason why his career can't start to blossom," he said.

"I've got every belief in him and he'll go really well against Richmond."

I thought his 2012 and 2013 seasons were ok and he made solid contributions but I was referring to his 2014 AFL season which was crap and his VFL form did not justify his selection in the AFL nor did his performance at AFL justify his continuing 10 games.
I understand your point and Talia sits comfortably in both my current fantasy
teams. My point was more learned football people made a choice to play
Mark Austin on nearly fifty occasions and would of done so based on
information that we as fans are not aware of or fully understand.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-chance-against-richmond-20150410-1mi3i9.html

This is before the Richmond game.

Here is one of the quotes :

"He's injury-free, he's healthy so there's a lot of positivity around Ayce," said Beveridge, who didn't believe it was now or never for the 24-year-old to take his opportunity. With ready-made talls relatively few and far between at AFL level, Beveridge said he was happy to give the big man some more time.

"If you think of the ways he's performed at VFL level and consider that he's had some issues with his body over the journey, there's no reason why his career can't start to blossom," he said.

"I've got every belief in him and he'll go really well against Richmond."
Bev was right , Cordy went real well against richmond haha

epC6A7g.png

I understand your point and Talia sits comfortably in both my current fantasy
teams. My point was more learned football people made a choice to play
Mark Austin on nearly fifty occasions and would of done so based on
information that we as fans are not aware of or fully understand.

Agree we do not have all of the information that the MC has available and the same applies to Cordy. I can only assume that better judges than the BF experts make the best decisions.

There's no way Smith will be a late omission or a sub imo. The only thing worse than risking him in the AFL is disrupting his comeback by only playing him a quarter/not at all.
Yeah agree could get subbed off late if out of gas but highly doubt he starts sub or is a late out. Needs the run as you say.

I have been against Ayce playing but i just had a thought;

Ayce cordy is a ruckman who is only 24 years of age and playing his 23rd AFL game tomorow. What did we expect?

I'm actually pretty excited to see Ayce given the first ruck role. We all know what Minson does, and I don't think any of us think he will play another 5 years, Bevs being bold and seeing if Ayce can be our future first ruck, Brisbane did a similar thing with Stefan Martin and he came on great.

it's bold but it could really pay off.

Agree we do not have all of the information that the MC has available and the same applies to Cordy. I can only assume that better judges than the BF experts make the best decisions.
Some of the opinions of the BF experts are thought provoking and full
of merit and would influence a lot of decisions. More than you think!;)

Back