2015 Non-Crows AFL Discussion - Pt. 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I loved the post whining about Butcher copping grief the most. Port supporters never swear or say nasty things to opposition players do they?

Got to remember this is the fan base that someone threw a rock trying to hit a North player but knocked out Roger Delaney instead. All class.

Ask any central fan about the treatment Roger Girdham received from Paul Northeast in the 1992 Central vs port grand final. Absolute class by that mob

Oh no, everyone copies them. They are the only club who can have an original idea.

ECPO = Everyone copies port power.

lol, funnily enough that game was before the first game at AO last year. Either Port borrowed the idea or the more likely scenario, Perth sent in an undercover spy into the inner sanctum of Ports Marketing machine and found out what Port were up to for the first game at AO, copied it to make it look like Port stole the idea. The interesting thing is Port know about this and Perth know they know but pretend they don't know. Port also know Perth know they know and are pretending to not know and Perth know they know and are pretending to not know they know that they know. Its a whole lot of secret squirrel stuff going on.

lol, funnily enough that game was before the first game at AO last year. Either Port borrowed the idea or the more likely scenario, Perth sent in an undercover spy into the inner sanctum of Ports Marketing machine and found out what Port were up to for the first game at AO, copied it to make it look like Port stole the idea. The interesting thing is Port know about this and Perth know they know but pretend they don't know. Port also know Perth know they know and are pretending to not know and Perth know they know and are pretending to not know they know that they know. Its a whole lot of secret squirrel stuff going on.

David Koch really is Marty McFly and jumped in his Dororian.

Taken from the OP OF 'Changes vs Geelong' thread on the Tiges board

"Out: Drummond (inj but wasn't ready anyway), Gordon (dumb footballer), Lloyd (bush footballer), Morris (4 possesions lol) , Arnott (Foley is better), Damian Hardwick

In: Chaplin, Lennon, Vickery, Foley, Grimes, Jade Rawlings caretaker"

Yeah let's bring back Chaplin and Vickery, two of the softest, front running spuds in the game, to turn our fortunes around...

My lord

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ask any central fan about the treatment Roger Girdham received from Paul Northeast in the 1992 Central vs port grand final. Absolute class by that mob
Not aware of that one got more details?

Paul Northeast the embodiment of a s**t player who got lucky to be in the right place at the right time.

Not aware of that one got more details?

Paul Northeast the embodiment of a s**t player who got lucky to be in the right place at the right time.

At the time, he was the captain and before the first bounce - walked up and went to shake him. Shook his hand and at the same time stopped on his right foot and kneed him as hard as he could with a strong intent to give him a corked thigh. Roger Girdham has zero influence that day and ended with a broken foot.

Was CDFC most influential player in 1992.

They do have a massive image issue at the PAFC and I don't think they realise they do. I get the romance behind 'One Club' and all the BS that goes with it. The reality is there would be a lot of confusion being pumped through the fan base as to what the magpies stand for. A lot of the traditional fan base will be thinking along the same way as what they have done for over 100 years and that is 'we exist to win premierships' and hence struggle to grasp the concept of what a reserves side means. The magpies exist as of now 'to help the AFL side win premierships', nothing more, nothing less. They would also struggle to grasp the fact the PAFC couldn't give a flying rats rectum of the results of the reserves side and they would be dictating whole heartedly to Budda who plays where and for how long.

Port should do the right thing by their supporters and kill the magpie brand. I grew up a magpies supporter and it didn't exist to live the mantra of a reserves side. Its staining the glorious SANFL past of the magpie brand. The Port Adelaide side should be wearing Power colours, nicknamed the power and sing the power club song, oh and have the same logo.
Agree 100%

I loved the post whining about Butcher copping grief the most. Port supporters never swear or say nasty things to opposition players do they?

Got to remember this is the fan base that someone threw a rock trying to hit a North player but knocked out Roger Delaney instead. All class.
A few years ago I was at Alberton watching Port v Sturt, a Port supporter was having a go at George Thring (now at North Ad), calling him inbred, then later, that his mum slept with her brother etc etc. This went on and on for the first half whenever Thring was near the boundary line. The bloke hardly had a neck and someone had obviously spread his nose across his face at one time, he was no painting himself which my mate pointed out to him as we were getting a bit sick of his crap. He told us to get f***ed and continued on with discussing Thringy's heritage. Sturt ran all over Port in the third 1/4 and when Clive Waterhouse dropped a sitter and missed another easy goal I suggested that it was time he retired. Our broken nosed friend then turned on me and wanted to start a fight. We didn't see him again after 3/4 time. :)
That is largely the mentality you deal with down there, no scope of reality.

Even better would Carlton accept pick 12 and a package of 2nd/3rd tier players with little value (Martin, Lyons, Wright, Grigg) for Menzel?

A few years ago I was at Alberton watching Port v Sturt, a Port supporter was having a go at George Thring (now at North Ad), calling him inbred, then later, that his mum slept with her brother etc etc. This went on and on for the first half whenever Thring was near the boundary line. The bloke hardly had a neck and someone had obviously spread his nose across his face at one time, he was no painting himself which my mate pointed out to him as we were getting a bit sick of his crap. He told us to get f***ed and continued on with discussing Thringy's heritage. Sturt ran all over Port in the third 1/4 and when Clive Waterhouse dropped a sitter and missed another easy goal I suggested that it was time he retired. Our broken nosed friend then turned on me and wanted to start a fight. We didn't see him again after 3/4 time. :)
That is largely the mentality you deal with down there, no scope of reality.

The club should have been trying to rid themselves of these type of supporters instead they have embraced them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back