Autopsy Rd 4 Carlton v St Kilda Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Bell, Boak, Buckley, Cripps!
& "My Man" Matt Dick getting his first game, a few contested possessions, using the ball 100%, 2 tackles & dished out a heavy bump (not a stat but heard it called on the radio !). Welcome to the seniors son, hopefully you have a long, successful career (that i can cling to the coat tails of...)

Cripps, Bell are now core players as is Henderson - they turned the game around on their own - everyone else was a passenger by comparison.

Gibbs continues with his shirking ways - fooling no one. Murphy lifted when St Kilda got tired - but he is far far away from his elite days.

No comment on Jones and Casboult - too sad for words really.

Happy for Malthouse and all us long suffering supporters - knocking Collingwood off will turn the season around - in time for some decent players to get back on the paddock and really kick start the season 2105 off.

Believe.

Positive: Cripps is in my SuperCoach team

Negative: Bosuns judgement prevails yet again and he's on the bench.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cripps, Bell are now core players as is Henderson - they turned the game around on their own - everyone else was a passenger by comparison.

Bell needs to be more consistent when the game is against the team. In other games he can shrink like stepping out of a cold pool if the team is getting beaten up.

His game against Port Adelaide a few years ago was epic, and today's performance was more of the same. He needs to continue that.

Cripps though... class act. Boek is like a leveled up Lucas... same age, same position, just way more tank, talent, aggression and tackling ability.

Bell needs to be more consistent when the game is against the team. In other games he can shrink like stepping out of a cold pool if the team is getting beaten up.

His game against Port Adelaide a few years ago was epic, and today's performance was more of the same. He needs to continue that.

Cripps though... class act. Boek is like a leveled up Lucas... same age, same position, just way more tank, talent, aggression and tackling ability.

Lets criticise Bell - for playing better than Murphy/Gibbs/Carrazzo/Curnow/Ellard every week - AFTER he has played 50 senior games ok? Until then- I for one will continue to recognise his winning ways and his contribution to the Club.

I can report that it was an inspiring address by Mick Malthouse at halftime that revolved around doing it for TL15.

Part 1 of the 5 peat is complete!:) :thumbsu:
" if we lose & TL15 is out for the season the crap i'll cop from bigfooty would make the last 2 seasons of rubbish i've copped from those idiots in the press seem like a picnic - dont think, do (it for TL15 ) "

Lets criticise Bell - for playing better than Murphy/Gibbs/Carrazzo/Curnow/Ellard every week - AFTER he has played 50 senior games ok? Until then- I for one will continue to recognise his winning ways and his contribution to the Club.
Had an average first half when the saints had the pressure on. Showed how to respond to that after halftime.

I was going to post a serious commentary but * that.

First argument put to bed, we're better than St Kilda.

Cripps will be renamed the X-Factor. FCC.

Tuohy played his best game for three seasons.

Murph won the medal.

Pretty good day I reckon.

PS, happy birthday to my son Chris, 26 today. The Blueboys couldn't let you down.

Had an average first half when the saints had the pressure on. Showed how to respond to that after halftime.

Why not challenge the substantive facts - Bell has played better than Murphy/Gibbs/Carrazzo/Curnow and Ellard ( off the top of my head ) every week this year and continued to do so today...His three quick goals from nowhere - turned the game - whilst Cripps was busy doing the heavy lifting for some of the so called leaders ....

Nothing has changed as far as fundamental issues with midfield goes...except Murphy played better game in second half this week rotating from HF to on ball worked - good to see.

That's a Clive Peeters over reaction of the day!

Why not challenge the substantive facts - Bell has played better than Murphy/Gibbs/Carrazzo/Curnow and Ellard ( off the top of my head ) every week this year and continued to do so today...His three quick goals from nowhere - turned the game - whilst Cripps was busy doing the heavy lifting for some of the so called leaders ....

Nothing has changed as far as fundamental issues with midfield goes...except Murphy played better game in second half this week rotating from HF to on ball worked - good to see.
Bell wasn't better than Murphy today. Again, Murphy had 24 contested possessions, 1 short of our club record. He did it all game.

Bell had a very good 2nd half but was absent in the first.

Is that challenged enough?

Gibbs continues with his shirking ways - fooling no one. Murphy lifted when St Kilda got tired - but he is far far away from his elite days.

No comment on Jones and Casboult - too sad for words really.

Happy for Malthouse and all us long suffering supporters - knocking Collingwood off will turn the season around - in time for some decent players to get back on the paddock and really kick start the season 2105 off.

Believe.

Bit harsh i think, murph was leading the possessions/disposals at quarter time, then got heavily tagged yet still stepped up And lead for the remanider of the game. Dont know what else he could have done.

Bell wasn't better than Murphy today. Again, Murphy had 24 contested possessions, 1 short of our club record. He did it all game.

Bell had a very good 2nd half but was absent in the first.

Is that challenged enough?

Goals WIN matches - Murphy squibbed his only kick at goal- weak - very weak player will always be weak mate. Not impressed by stats - I'm impressed by ACTS which lift a team needing lifting and GOALS

busy smiling about Murphy's one good half this year? He is CAPTAIN not a 40 gamer. How many tackles did Murph fall off today - I counted four. How many tackles did Cripps miss or Bell - how many Captain goals did Murphy conjure ?

please - enough with rose coloured glasses about Murphy - he is an average player these days and I would have Bell or Cripps in the side ahead of him and his other already named mates ANY day - do you agree or not about Carrazzo/Curnow/Ellard V Bell ? hmmm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back