Analysis Pies awesome Anzac Day win. Match review

Remove this Banner Ad

Grats guys. Good performance your defence was rock solid.

Good luck until next time.
Was a good game eh James..?

james-hird-o.gif

1.Great win Pies. The unsung did most of the work.
2.To Bruce MacAveny. get fuked. die Knut and get out of the Dons closet you lonely guy fuktard.
3.There needs to be a humane way to get rid of bent/incompetent umpires which does not entail bans if you suggest it and..........................similar to handling stray dogs.

GO PIES! ESAD (eat s**t and die) AFL Umpires association.

Fantastic win!Just so happy right now,so proud of this team.I really didn't think they could win today,but they proved me wrong.

And well done to Paul Seedsman.I always thought he had the talent,but i really think he came of age as a player today.Let's hope he can keep up the good work and keep on improving!

12 boys with under 50 games this week.

The core we kept absolutely stood up and we must give massive credit to Varcoe who in the last two weeks has flicked a switch and been sensational, and I mean that.

Our forward talls were not terrific but I think they engaged players who were dangerous defensive set-up options. Kept them anchored or out of the play and that was always the threat for me going into this game.

Many of us thought our backline would be our short-term weakness with Reid out given the inexperience, but they have been excellent all year and spectacular today. Frost, Brown and Sack in particular.

Pendlebury was watched closely by the Bombers but his 1%ers and poise in certain tough situations were pivotal. Didn't have his usual offensive influence but I think he took a step forward with his captaincy today; willed himself on the contest like the best captains do.

Seedsman, Adams, Crisp, Williams all excellent too. Unfortunately I don't think Gault will make it; I know the conditions didn't suit but he doesn't have enough weapons to compensate for his lack of pace. Witts or Karnezis need to replace him.

Last qtr? Come on man, get off the grass. Was absolutely a rock all day long.
Perhaps a bit harsh. I get frustrated with his fumbles. And there were several. His good is so good (like those cracking couple marks deep in defense in the last). If he had better hands, he'd be 3X the footballer he is now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sack was awesome.Most committed by a long way.
Those who pile the s**t on the likes of Sack, Blair, Frost and of late Toovey should all have a good look at themselves in the mirror and yell obscenities at themselves.
Bucks held firm on his game plan...........

Perhaps a bit harsh. I get frustrated with his fumbles. And there were several. His good is so good (like those cracking couple marks deep in defense in the last). If he had better hands, he'd be 3X the footballer he is now.

You've got crusty old goggles on man watch the game with fresh eyes.

Great team effort boys!:thumbsu:

I hope Aish was watching enviously as his fellow team mate Crisp and our team played and conquered on ANZAC day in front of over 88000 people on the best footy arena in the world.

P.s Hope you were watching too Danger.

Now both sign here ....................................................................................................................:)

I'd like to apologise for tipping essendon. it was the first time I tipped against collingwood in ages and I hated it, just knowing the team I'm barracking for I didn't tip. But I promise to never tip against the pies again. my tip on essendon kind of overshadowed are great win.

Great team effort boys!:thumbsu:

I hope Aish was watching enviously as his fellow team mate Crisp and team played and conquered on ANZAC day in front of over 88000 people on the best footy arena in the world.

P.s Hope you were watching too Danger.

Now both sign here ....................................................................................................................:)

Yep. PK and Crispy were so "soft" to jump ship...

Proud of our boys today. Seedsman was good as was Crisp & Adams. Brody Grundy has so much untapped potential it is scary. We will have our ups & downs with this young group but the future is bright.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back