Perth Stadium (Optus Stadium)

Remove this Banner Ad

A spokesman for the WA Football Commission, which runs Domain Stadium and has flagged its interest in running the new stadium for at least three years, said: "We can confirm that the WAFC and its global partners in Perth Stadium Management have submitted an EOI."
Last month, _The West Australian _ revealed the WAFC had launched Perth Stadium Management, a standalone business unit with Ticketmaster, Live Nation and Delaware North.
"We are obviously intent on getting the new Perth stadium management rights but if that doesn't happen, there is still a sound business operating model for Perth Stadium Management," WAFC chief executive Gary Walton said.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/26765056/government-stays-quiet-on-operator-bids/
Do not let the WAFC anywhere near the new stadium
The state govt should file their EOI in the shredder

Too true.

Geez I'd rather see a consortium headed by Troy Buzzwell running it ............................. and that is saying something.

Garlic Munchers >>>>>>WAFC.

Given you want to strip $mils out of WA footy, what then? Get rid of 2nd tier footy, stop funding other programs such as junior footy, indigenous footy, womens footy ... OR increase the cost of going to the footy ... got a bit of the Buzzwells on a bad day about you masai?

Given you want to strip $mils out of WA footy, what then? Get rid of 2nd tier footy, stop funding other programs such as junior footy, indigenous footy, womens footy ... OR increase the cost of going to the footy ... got a bit of the Buzzwells on a bad day about you masai?

I don't get why you are defending the WAFC. They are easily the worst stadium managers in the country, I have talked to people that work there from catering to working directly with the stadium management and they agree that they are not good on any level. The reason for this is that their main focus the running WA Football, which I understand, but that meant the stadium has to have cutbacks. For example since Delaware North got the contract for catering at the stadium the food has gone from bearable to inedible. This is also in the corporate areas.

Also the WAFC always charged exorbitant fees for other sports to play there. Plus the cost of tickets to the footy would actually go down because the management would not have to constantly subsidise other programs.

I don't get why you are defending the WAFC. They are easily the worst stadium managers in the country, I have talked to people that work there from catering to working directly with the stadium management and they agree that they are not good on any level. The reason for this is that their main focus the running WA Football, which I understand, but that meant the stadium has to have cutbacks. For example since Delaware North got the contract for catering at the stadium the food has gone from bearable to inedible. This is also in the corporate areas.

Also the WAFC always charged exorbitant fees for other sports to play there. Plus the cost of tickets to the footy would actually go down because the management would not have to constantly subsidise other programs.

IF you are correct 96, where does the money come from that is stripped from WA footy? Are you for putting up prices for footy goers or stripping WA footy of the programs you want ripped out. No Mums purse here ..

Check out footy in Vic that subsidises the biggest first grade cricket club in Aus, bigger with more members than the Pies guaranteed 25% of attendees at every footy Grand Final, OR private ownership at Etihad or the Geelong model introduced by ex Eagles CEO Brian Cook.

IF you are correct 96, where does the money come from that is stripped from WA footy? Are you for putting up prices for footy goers or stripping WA footy of the programs you want ripped out. No Mums purse here ..

Firstly make efficiencies in the whole system, I'm sure if there was an actual audit done such as removing a few commissioners and support staff that would create more savings.

Secondly increase the royalty charges to the AFL clubs because it has access to 2 of the highest profiting sporting clubs in australia both with record profits last year

OR give control to the AFL where the royalties from the clubs get put in a fund that is only to be used for WA Football. And for the comment that will say that it would destroy the game and WAFL in WA it won't because it is in the best interest for the AFL that Australian rules stays strong in WA. Especially with the strength of soccer, Rugby Union and soon Rugby league in WA.

That's not true. The WAFC charges significantly more to both AFL clubs per event than it does other sports.
Thats because WCE basically live there and FFC have there own facilities that they pay rent for and also thy train there on a weekly basis so that is all factored in. I am unable to find it but I saw and article in the west at some point that pointed out that when the Western Force started initially and played there regularly they had to pay $200,000 a game when they had crowds barely reaching 28,000 and that is just for game day nothing else not even the ability to train there properly.

Thats because WCE basically live there and FFC have there own facilities that they pay rent for and also thy train there on a weekly basis so that is all factored in. I am unable to find it but I saw and article in the west at some point that pointed out that when the Western Force started initially and played there regularly they had to pay $200,000 a game when they had crowds barely reaching 28,000 and that is just for game day nothing else not even the ability to train there properly.

Which, once again, is much less than both AFL clubs. So you can't really say they were getting horrendously overcharged.
Especially given many people on these forums believe the WA clubs have a hugely beneficial stadium deal.

Firstly make efficiencies in the whole system, I'm sure if there was an actual audit done such as removing a few commissioners and support staff that would create more savings.

Secondly increase the royalty charges to the AFL clubs because it has access to 2 of the highest profiting sporting clubs in australia both with record profits last year

OR give control to the AFL where the royalties from the clubs get put in a fund that is only to be used for WA Football. And for the comment that will say that it would destroy the game and WAFL in WA it won't because it is in the best interest for the AFL that Australian rules stays strong in WA. Especially with the strength of soccer, Rugby Union and soon Rugby league in WA.

What strength are you talking about?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do not let the WAFC anywhere near the new stadium
The state govt should file their EOI in the shredder

Too right, they'll probably let the Cricket run it like happens in most other States. Will be a *sweetener* to entice Cricket across from the WACA with the Big Bash etc.

Too right, they'll probably let the Cricket run it like happens in most other States. Will be a *sweetener* to entice Cricket across from the WACA with the Big Bash etc.

What cricket as in Melbourne Cricket Club when 25% of seating on GF day goes to footy fans who join that cricket club in preference to their footy club?

What cricket as in Melbourne Cricket Club when 25% of seating on GF day goes to footy fans who join that cricket club in preference to their footy club?
Yes I agree - it sounds like FootyFan96 would be happier for Cricket to run the ground and profit from the Footy rather than Footy (WAFC).

Its a strange world we live in eh.

Which, once again, is much less than both AFL clubs. So you can't really say they were getting horrendously overcharged.
Especially given many people on these forums believe the WA clubs have a hugely beneficial stadium deal.

how much do we pay for using the stadium for each game?

i know WCE kick back 3-4 million and Freo about 2-3 million a year to the WAFC right?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back