PC DotA 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I have been stuck on 3k for about 3-4 months on solo queue and cannot get out. The mentality is that you play with people your level is horse crap, when you have pinoys and leavers and people who feed on purpose, how are u suppose to increase your ranking? I usually win 3-4 in a row, then comes the nubs who don't buy wards, constantly buy s**t items and idiots from asia who have no idea what the hell is going on.

Not to mention when you have 4 heroes picked and you might need one more support or carry, and they always pick some useless stupid hero that has no team composition. My skill level cant make someone else have a f***ing brain and pick a good hero for the team that is currently picked!

Rant over

I have been stuck on 3k for about 3-4 months on solo queue and cannot get out. The mentality is that you play with people your level is horse crap, when you have pinoys and leavers and people who feed on purpose, how are u suppose to increase your ranking? I usually win 3-4 in a row, then comes the nubs who don't buy wards, constantly buy s**t items and idiots from asia who have no idea what the hell is going on.

Not to mention when you have 4 heroes picked and you might need one more support or carry, and they always pick some useless stupid hero that has no team composition. My skill level cant make someone else have a f***ing brain and pick a good hero for the team that is currently picked!

Rant over

hahahahahaha. yeah, i feel your pain.

i actually have no idea about my MMR, but it must be pretty low because when i solo wow do i end up with chumps. mostly i play with friends, coz even if you get crushed at least you can joke with them about it on team speak. opponents and team mates seem better overall. there will always be the odd chump though.

find some mates or regulars to team with.

Rant over

Get a strong offlane that can snowball. You then shut down their carry then can roll the rest of their team , providing ur team aren't complete spuds. You will win more often than not

Ive been going Undying offlane dual agro spam , gone up 600mmr to 4800

2.5k mmr scrublord here still playing. add me if you want my steam name is jabso but expect trash plays.

I usually play support because i dont trust anyone else to and i feel like i have more inpact and can lead my team of idiots to beat the other team of idiots. Or I just pick weaver who is my go to core (any lane works at my mmr).

Last edited:
Think I've called it a day. The community is toxic, metagame is s**t with the same old troll, sniper, juggernaut picks every game and even pro games now are boring to watch. I'll watch TI5 but after TI4 I'm not expecting much.

Except for the finals ti4 was great. Sometimes you get dud finals. The meta got boring yes but that happens. It happened to 6.82 it happened to 6.83 and will happen to 6.84 but the honeymoon periods before it gets stale are great. People often over exaggerate the length of staleness as well.

2.5k mmr scrublord here still playing. add me if you want my steam name is jabso but expect trash plays.

I usually play support because i dont trust anyone else to and i feel like i have more inpact and can lead my team of idiots to beat the other team of idiots. Or I just pick weaver who is my go to core (any lane works at my mmr).

add me up oni_au

Actual game name is didaK

finally cracked 5k! 5142 currently

Really? Wouldn't have pegged him to be the next Jeremy Lin.

What's his MMR?
Don't know. Noticed his twitter banner used to be a pic of all the dota heroes. Tweeted that I hope he's finding the right balance between dota and footy he said he thinks he's got it right now.

So I downloaded it and updated to give it a go after a long break.

Seems mostly the same to me not really sure though as have been carried through my first couple games. Drow Ranger and Sniper.
Well it depends on what level you're playing at. At my level (i.e. average i.e. s**t) Sniper will always be popular no matter what because he's simply an easy hero to play. He did get a nerf to his shrapnel which was a huge problem in 6.83.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amazing how you lose form after a couple of weeks off. Played after a three week rest with my favourite hero (venge) and was terrible! Got raged on n all. Probably win 70% of games playing her normally. Such a complex game to get right.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Well it depends on what level you're playing at. At my level (i.e. average i.e. s**t) Sniper will always be popular no matter what because he's simply an easy hero to play. He did get a nerf to his shrapnel which was a huge problem in 6.83.

I'm like level 4. Plenty of noobs but there's always a Bloodseeker or Pudge killing me :(

I'm like level 4. Plenty of noobs but there's always a Bloodseeker or Pudge killing me :(
Ahhh. After 50 or so levels "levels" don't really matter. However it tells me you're pretty inexperienced. Stick with it. Know that every hero has their counter. It's a game where you really get out what you put in. Watching guides and replays of players who take you through their decision making really helps. Having said that I am still quite shite at this heaps of hours in but I love the whole process of improvement and learning.

What does everyone think of TI5? Will Secret take it out or will China time their run right? The top 3 are probably Secret, VG and EG in that order (with EG looking the most frail) but could any other team surprise kind of like Newbee did?

Speaking of TI5 I got naga siren in my 10 hero challenge (couldn't re-roll already did). 11 SHITTY GAMES AND FINALLY WON A 70 MIN MATCH. Seriously *** this hero especially at 2000 mmr (my unranked mmr seems to be 500 mmr) when people go apeshit if you don't go into stupid fights or farm too much. Funnily enough the game I won I had a CK semi-support in my lane against Silencer/Veno so I have no idea how we won, I guess we just held on until we were too farmed.

My top 3 would be (1) Secret, (2) EG then (3) Empire. Secret & EG are a class above compared to the other teams at the moment, whereas VG haven't looked as strong as they did since 6.83. I think if VG goes through a similar TI path as Newbee, they'll be the team to surprise during the elimination phase.

It's a lot better playing Naga siren when you're in a high skilled game, teammates are less toxic as they don't expect you to do much until your radiance is up. Other than that, I wouldn't expect a naga to be in team fights during the mid game unless the odds are in our favour or if she voluntarily rotate to save the team from being killed with her ult. However, the rise of Techies is infuriating to play against :mad:

lol, yeah my bad, I shouldve been a little more thorough. Naga can be very annoying if she can farm radiance within 15-20 minutes of the game, as the perk of radiance will allow her to increase her efficiency to farm due to a 75 damage burn per second. One of her ability, allow her to create illusions which makes it possible to have her hero in multiple locations of the map, and they also get the perk of radiance, which is where her efficiency to farm significantly increases. This builds pressure on the opposition and puts them in two mind-set (1) Do we push as a team and force the naga siren to join the team fights (She is still weak at this point, as 1 core item is not enough for her to survive a full-blown fight) or (2) Do we spread as a team to nullify her farming capability (e.g. taking neutral camps before the naga siren's illusion can get a hold of them).

As the team playing against the Naga Siren, you tend to become focus on trying to stop Naga, you forget there are 4 other heroes who are taking advantage of the time being bought by the Naga siren. Eventually, the other team will become very reactive on the where about of her real hero is, because she's controlling the tempo of the game by using her illusion to wave cut the AI's creeps in lane, which makes the other team think twice about pushing because you have a shortage of creeps in lane to provide you vision, and it is still too early at this stage of the game for players to take damage from the tower when you are trying to siege the outer towers. So yeah, Naga is good because she can buy your team a ton load of time for item progression

Techies is a hero which has recently become popular because of the competitive teams picking it in tournaments. He's infuriating to play against because he has abilities to plant mines which can deal up to 200-300 damage for every mine planted in one location. His first ability 'Land Mines' allow Techies to plant up to 15 mines which doesn't have a cap on it's life-span, so you can plant a land mine somewhere and it'll stay there until someone walks on it or destroy it. His ultimate 'Remote Mines', is an better version of land mine, dealing more damage (However the remote mine's life-span is only 8 minutes, but Techies can plant an unlimited amount). So he becomes frustrating to play against because Techies can stack mines up in his own base to prevent the other team from pushing into your base. This is where games can become drawn out, as you are signing your own death warrant by pushing into mines. As the game is drawn out, the team with techies, can use this opportunity to either catch up on item progression. And I forgot to mention he has an ability to suicide, which deal a lot of damage, so securing a kill on techies is very difficult.

Last edited:
Secret and EG look most likely to play off in the big dance, which is boring for mine, so hope a couple other teams can pull off a surprise. (VG, Empire, Clown9, IG)

LGD are the dark horse for me though, can't discount Xiao8 the captain/drafter for Newbee last year.

That last post might as well be in code lol

Sure games have their own communities where people are expected to understand what is going on but I have no idea.

Why is Naga so good and what are techies?
Long story short naga as a carry builds a radiance early because the burn damage can be used by her illusions.

Ultimately you can wipe out an entire wave of creeps with 1 illusion just standing there. So once radiance is up you use your illusions to push lanes (2 if you can) and farm jungle camps (ideally the enemies). It makes you farm really quick. The gold sound is constant.

Problem is radiance is hard to farm because its a 3800 sacred relic and a 1450 (iirc) recipe. Getting 3800 gold early is hard because a death sets you back so far.

Carry naga isn't great in this patch because fighting early is rewarded and split push (where you will split and push multiple lanes) will be punished. Support naga is kind of common in the pro scene its a different build though.

TI5 has been great watching so far, I only picked up Dota in the last year so I haven't seen one before

steam id is msd_lp91 if anyone still plays, I'm prolly around 2k solo (havent calibrated just yet) but I play with some mates who are 3.5k & 4.5k and don't feed too much

TI5 has been great watching so far, I only picked up Dota in the last year so I haven't seen one before

steam id is msd_lp91 if anyone still plays, I'm prolly around 2k solo (havent calibrated just yet) but I play with some mates who are 3.5k & 4.5k and don't feed too much

TI5 has been brilliant and good to see an Australian in the main event (Kpii on MVP Phoenix).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back