NRL The ANZAC Round

Remove this Banner Ad

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
Round 8 already. How's the weather in Sydney and will it effect this weeks crowds too?

Huge weekend of course being the ANZAC round. We're having a full round of local footy here in the EDFL so I won't get to see much of Saturday's games.

Real battle ahead on Friday night as the Dogs take on the Tigers and after last weeks capitulation surely the Dogs have this one.

A massive ANZAC Day ahead and some cracking games in store. We kick it off in NZ with the Warriors taking on the Titans. If the Warriors can play footy for 80 minutes, then they'll win. The Knights host the Cowboys and this is a toss up. Came up heads, so the Cowboys for me. Roosters v Dragons and what a game this should be. Another anyone's game and I just don't know. Roosters with no real certainty. Phew, Melbourne host Manly and a chance for the Storm to inflict further pain on the Sea Eagles, which of course they will do. Are we done yet? Nope. Finally a potential beauty with the Broncos hosting the Eels. Broncos just.

After all that we still have sunday. Penrith surely are due a win and maybe the hot Sharks will be that win. Last game of the round and boy have Souths taken a dive. Still sitting 4th, but under real pressure. The Raiders will give it to them, but I've got a feeling the Rabbits might just pull one out of the hat here.

Enjoy the weekend and have a great ANZAC Day.

Lets we forget.

Manly has no business winning that game. I mean look at their tries... first one is handed to them with calling repeated questionable penalties right on the line, they made sure they called enough to get them a try. Then their second try comes from a bullshit push in the back or interference penalty well after the ball is already out of play. Just horrifically bad calls leading to both tries. The only people more on Manly's nuts than the ref though was the Fox Sports commentators. I've noticed the same thing in previous games though... that whenever the Storm play a team from a "proper" rugby league state, the commentators put on their blind as hell bullshit-artist goggles.

I know that, for the growth of the Raiders, we need more free to air coverage. In fact I'm very vocal about the difficulties that the Raiders face due to this lack of FTA coverage, and the NRL's complete complacency when it comes to competition from other sports in Canberra (I think GWS got about $400k to play a rubbish game in front of no one yesterday).

But with all that said, I just so hate watching the Raiders games on Channel 9. Between 1990-level picture quality and commentators that don't know the names of most Raiders players, this game is verging on unwatchable.

The Raiders in the lead. Who would've thought of that.

al-bundy-ed-oneill-anbsk1a.gif

I can understand the need for respect for Anzac Day, but what the hell were Canberra wearing.
Worst jerseys ever!!!!!!

Didn't think Souths would fall this far, although they still have a handy position on the ladder.

As well as Keary has been playing this year, it's no coincidence that their slide began as soon as they lost Reynolds - this was particularly the case yesterday, because as a five-eight, Inglis is a bit wasted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back