Game Day Round 4: Port Adelaide v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Did last year.

Few people in here have short memories
Yeah last year we did, we thrived on it, this year not so much and I don't understand why it's the same guys

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are not the same time of the last 2 years in don't think

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Effort in the second quarter good, execution poor, we have been ordinary port amazing but everything has gone there way, i remember - a few years ago now when performances in round 4 was all we had. Thankfully this club has allowed me to see the bigger picture with recent success in September.

Half-time and it's time for Clarkson to reassess. I'd be tempted to throw the magnets on the board up in the air and see what happens.

Play Roughead through midfield and rotate him up forward for short bursts. Ask him to throw his body weight around and clear space for Mitchell and Lewis. Build a forward line around Gunston, Breust and Rioli. When he's not rucking, ask McEvoy to play his natural game which is a kick behind play - not full-back or full-forward.

This game is just about out of reach but it's important that the Hawks don't fall too far off the pack chasing top four. One of Sydney or Fremantle will be undefeated after tonight (barring a draw) so they will sit pretty on top of the ladder. Even this early in the season, Hawthorn can't afford too many slip-ups if it (a) wants to finish top four and (b) wants to finish top two to avoid an interstate preliminary final.

I also suspect that there will be a few players playing for their spots in the 22 in the second half. Can't afford to be too sentimental. There's an opportunity for some of Hawthorn's listed players playing for Box Hill to force their way into calculations tomorrow.

I think Clarko has put too much emphasis on us being in fine form at the pointy end of the season rather than the start.
Won't be a pointy end if our players dish up this s**t many more times.I couldn't believe how bad they were against the cheats and to play with no heart 2 weeks later is more than disappointing

Lest we forget this disgraceful effort. Feeling ashamed at the piss poor effort.

With all due respect jpzhawk but can you stop with the Anzac references it's so ******* disrespectful. It shits me no end the reference "footballers going into battle"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back