R4: Port v Hawthorn Review

Remove this Banner Ad

Impressive all round. Don't care about giving up the big lead. Hawks were always going to come back at us eventually and they came back hard. It wasn't pretty in the end but that doesn't matter.

Congratulations Port your team played simply stunning football and we had no answers whatsoever. That first quarter was near perfect and even though we came back we were never going to win given the large margin we had to deal with to try and get back into the game.

That fast attacking footy Port play is so fun to watch. I admire the way Port plays it's footy. There's some terrific players on your team who outside of the PAFC probably don't get the credit they deserve. Those players I'm talking about are Matthew Broadbent (who I think is a sneaky chance of being in the All-Australian team this year) vice Captain Brad Ebert and Tom Jonas.

Enjoy the win tonight and good luck for the rest of season 2015.

At the end of April, we are 2/2, after playing the other 4 members of last years' top 5 and on the same premiership points as the reigning premiers who have played Geelong, Essendon, Bulldogs and us. Sets us up nicely for a top 4 finish.

Didn't expect a win with our outs but I'll take it! Lobbe and Ryder were beasts tonight and great to watch. Our defenders worked so hard all night too. Props to Schulz for his deadeye aim once again.

The fitness looks worrying but what side would look better than us if they had to play Freo, Swans, Norf and Hawks first up? All teams that pride themselves on contested ball, and at any rate Hawks are not comparable to a peaheart side like Shitmond, they were always going to come back hard at us instead of collapsing like a sack of s**t. Just fortunate we did enough early to hang on and end up on the right side of the ledger.

I'm scarred for life by that game.
Tonight brought back some of the twitches from the Choco years.

Best first quarter I can remember. I had some premature ejaculaters around me who called it game over at quarter time. Thought that was testing the fates a bit.

The lack of run and clearances in the last compounded by the repeated clanger kicks almost cost us. Astoundingly good as we were early, our loss of composure in the last term was a big concern.

Great win all the same.

Anyone know what the 50m against Monfries, and free against Westhoff (both near our goal) were for?
The Westhoff one was against Mitchell for holding the defender back from the contest. I can't even remember the Monfries one... all I remember was Lobbe on the wing. Lobbe was tied up with the Hawthorn player and then when they released instead of immediately throwing the ball to the Hawks player he turned and pointed at some of our players to give directions. I didn't see enough of the Westhoff one to know how big the hold was, but the Lobbe one was definitely a 50.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BEST
Port Adelaide: Boak, Hartlett, Schulz, Carlile, Ebert, Ryder

Agree with the above plus Hombsch was great, Wingard was good particularly in the first half. Liked the look of Krakouer and think he will just keep getting better. And also thought Young was good and looked like he belonged. Hope he gets a regular spot each week (what's with the ranga beard though, he needs to lose that. It almost looks fake LOL!).

Tonight brought back some of the twitches from the Choco years.

Best first quarter I can remember. I had some premature ejaculaters around me who called it game over at quarter time. Thought that was testing the fates a bit.

The lack of run and clearances in the last compounded by the repeated clanger kicks almost cost us. Astoundingly good as we were early, our loss of composure in the last term was a big concern.

Great win all the same.
Primus tears too.....

At the end of April, we are 2/2, after playing the other 4 members of last years' top 5 and on the same premiership points as the reigning premiers who have played Geelong, Essendon, Bulldogs and us. Sets us up nicely for a top 4 finish.

If we can win the showdown we would be 3-2 with from memory 8 games in a row we will start heavy favourite before heading to the SCG.

Good times are coming.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back