Game Day Fremantle v Sydney ANZAC Night

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

we kicked the last 2 goals. no fade out! footy is a game of momentum and we gutsed it out. taberner goes missing in another big game? more tactical as the midfield was not generating ball in that second half

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was certainly one of the better games I have seen Suban play. He was in amongst it all day and didn't give away a single free. Matt DeBoer was also quite serviceable again. Maybe this year we will finally get to see why the coaches rate these two.
And Clancee and a few others

Freeeeeoooo! Bloody top win lads! You guys don't mind jumping on your board and celebrating do you? Once years and years ago my brother and I were at the MCG watching the Tigers get belted by Melbourne at the start of the season. We were so mad we decided for that year we would both pick non Victorian clubs to follow. I chose the Dockers. Even got a cap to wear too. Freo were awful then but I just liked them. Richmond will always be number one but I don't mind me some purple. Hope they go all the way for the first time in their history this year.

I hope the Doggies beat Adelaide tomorrow so we stay there. I doubt it though.

Next week the Crows come up their first real opposition in Port, so if we are good enough to beat Melbourne, hopefully we will go to number one then. (Hey, we are supporters, we can dream :D)

Long season to go though.

Whilst the second half fade outs in the early games are far from ideal, there are no premierships to be won in April. The season is long and you need to pace it to hit your peak at the right end of the season. I am happy to be doing enough to get the wins at this point and build momentum over time. We still need Sonny, Tabs, Ballas and quite a few others to hit form - but this doesn't need to be now.

Whilst the second half fade outs in the early games are far from ideal, there are no premierships to be won in April. The season is long and you need to pace it to hit your peak at the right end of the season. I am happy to be doing enough to get the wins at this point and build momentum over time. We still need Sonny, Tabs, Ballas and quite a few others to hit form - but this doesn't need to be now.
Agreed but we have some scalps. Scalps add up quickly

Sydney certainly came out firing on a nuclear reactor in the second half. The last time I saw a team playing at Subiaco come out with so much more energy after half time than before was Essendon a couple of years ago - has Stephen Dank moved to Sydney now?

But considering it is a bit of a pattern for us ATM, I guess it is more likely us than them.

Imo Sydney just got it together after half time.... They're one of the best teams in the comp, the fact they came back hard didn't surprise me at all...

I'm focusing on the fact we roughed it out and had a fair few chances to score in the last quarter. It was only really the third quarter we looked average

Remember that our backline is a tat understaffed to deal with Buddy and Tippet. So they are always going to cause problems once their mids start kicking it into the forward 50.
Longmire is a good coach, so he'll definitely make the necessary adjustments to be competitive in the 2nd half.

Man. That was a heart stopper! Sydney were amazing but our boys rallied & got the points.
Fyfey was insane in the last. He's a freaking champion & good to see Pav kick straight when it counted. Mz made a real impact too. Should start next week. My heart! That was epic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Imo Sydney just got it together after half time.... They're one of the best teams in the comp, the fact they came back hard didn't surprise me at all...

I'm focusing on the fact we roughed it out and had a fair few chances to score in the last quarter. It was only really the third quarter we looked average

I'm happy for the win and I was impressed by the performances of many of our lesser lights. However it's a concern, that for the 2nd week in a row we seemed unable to control the tempo when momentum was clearly on their side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back