• Adelaide Crows

Votes: 47 31.5%
  • Ayce Cordy wins the internetz

Votes: 53 35.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

YN6RUpn.gif

Someone should make this Bev and Steven King, lifting their shirts up and it being a picture of Cordy. Or some s**t like that.

I love all this positive attitude towards Ayce and hope he goes well tomorrow but really deep down everyone knows he will flop!
Last year at the Kennel Ayce!

When you say everyone you are including me and I don't sincerely believe he will be a flop. You are entitled to your opinion but don't say everyone because you have no idea what others think.

I hope Ayce succeeds for him and for the Dogs because we certainly need a backup ruck.

I have faith that the current MC know more than us and I will support their decisions not undermine them.

Didn't even get it for 24 hours before you came up with that ripper. Bloody hilarious.
Don't give him the credit, bastard was too lazy to come up with an idea himself :p

When you say everyone you are including me and I don't sincerely believe he will be a flop. You are entitled to your opinion but don't say everyone because you have no idea what others think.

I hope Ayce succeeds for him and for the Dogs because we certainly need a backup ruck.

I have faith that the current MC know more than us and I will support their decisions not undermine them.
That means your on the side that has no idea

So anyone who has a differing opinion to the match committee is undermining them, come off it.

this whole place is about differing opinions and our opinions have no effect what so ever on the match committee.

Also I don't think anyone hopes that Ayce fails but most expect that he will given his performances as opposed to time at the club

Also I don't think anyone hopes that Ayce fails but most expect that he will given his performances as opposed to time at the club

Don't know about that read plenty of posts on here along the lines of "I hope this is the last time I ever see Ayce play in the AFL"... Pretty sad really. Hope Ayce plays really well

Don't know about that read plenty of posts on here along the lines of "I hope this is the last time I ever see Ayce play in the AFL"... Pretty sad really. Hope Ayce plays really well
Everyone wanted him to become a good footballer , that time has passed its now time for delist Cordy

I did say I don't think, my opinion is as has always been when a player walks out there in the red white and blue I barrack for them and hope they play well, always have and always will whether i agree with their selection or not

When Lin Jong began is career he was too light and very inexperienced, without football instincts. Many posters said he had to go. Then he became injured. And more wanted him gone. Finally he was given another taste of it, albeit sparingly, and more decided he wasn't worth it.

He got a lengthy stint in the VFL to develop his skills and confidence. He worked hard and began to reap the rewards. A finals campaign saw a rise in his output and confidence.

After a preseason where several players raved about his progress, he was into the senior team and has remained there as his output at this level has steadily improved.

He might still be rather raw but what we have learnt from the Jong experience is that we observers know little of what goes on behind closed doors. We don't know the set plays they practice; we don't know how well players 'see' what are required to do; we don't know how they handle pressure and the different roles they have to play; we don't know the set ups they have to follow to ensure a system of play doesn't break down. Clearly if Jong was repeatedly causing the system to break down he would not be playing seniors.

I mention all this only as a way of saying that Cordy's ruck work and his attention to the system in closed sessions must have impressed the MC enough to play him. Even if, on the outside, he looks as ineffective as Jong did in his early years. If on the track Cordy is aiding the efficiency and well being of the system more than Minson - then I can understand how he can get a game where the match ups require more mobility /adaptibility than Minson has. I expect he will be used in defence as well as the ruck.

Putting him in on his own will allow Cordy to really practise his craft (where he may even learn to be more assertive / show leadership). I think it is the best way for the MC to assess if he is developing and if he really wants it enough.

I watched some of the Ess-Coll game on TV today and all I can say is that Essendon kicked the ball short and sideways with a stop-start game - or they bombed it long - which was very reminiscent of the Dogs last year under McCartney. It was awful and I hope we never play that way again. If Bevo can get us to play much more attacking footy by incorporating better decision makers, better disposers and quicker learners into the team, then I am all for it.

Cordy, if he is any good, will be part of that.

I look forward to the usual melt down in here if this all backfires on Bev.

Well articulated and thought-provoking Metal - thanks. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The ball is firmly in Cordy's side of the net ( time to sink or swim).....

To expand on this well mixed metaphor. This statement can only be truly accurate about Ayce if he takes up soccer goal keeping.

Go Ayce - its not about his stats, its about competing and having fun, and maybe keeping big Sauce to less than his personal best of 61 hitouts (apparently 63 is the AFL/VFL record held by G Dempsey).

Could Ayce be a part of AFL history today???? Stay tuned :eek:

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2014-03-30/sandi-unaware-of-hitout-record

To expand on this well mixed metaphor. This statement can only be truly accurate about Ayce if he takes up soccer goal keeping.

Go Ayce - its not about his stats, its about competing and having fun, and maybe keeping big Sauce to less than his personal best of 61 hitouts (apparently 63 is the AFL/VFL record held by G Dempsey).

Could Ayce be a part of AFL history today???? Stay tuned :eek:
Shaun Hampson had 69 yesterday haha

Back