2015 Non-Crows AFL Discussion - Pt. 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sydney also won all statistics (except hit outs), and most of the key ones pretty comfortably, last night. One of the commentators asked a Fremantle player how they won after the game given they lost every stat.

It happens quite often these days, if one team gets a lead they then soak up the pressure and the stats can be very misleading. The Hawthorn, Port differential was particularly skewed tho but then again that was because Port had such a huge lead from extremely efficient forward entries early in the game and were then soaking up a massive amount of pressure in the second half.

Yeah but we also missed some very gettable chances to ice the game towards the end.
Then again that's what being tired does.

Not as many misses as the Hawks had though. Your team was that flat footed in the last it really surprised me *PAF. A lot of those misses as well were tired kicks, expecting the ball to travel further than it actually did. Add in Hawthorn with limited rotations on the bench and it's not a good look for Port.

The Afl will be getting really nervous about the gold coast now. What is it year 6 and looking like being a basket case. Hopefully they get raided by other clubs at the years end.

A big egg on face moment for the AFL ... they have poured a ridiculous amount of cash in there. Can't see it getting better any time soon. They have so many similar type players. They needed to get someone to replace Campbell Brown, he was a huge loss for them, a real enforcer / leader type ... even tho he kept getting suspended.

Well someone obviously has more money than sense if there was a massive plunge on us. It's definitely looming as a danger game, our record against them in Melbourne is dismal and I honestly think it's going to be a lot closer than people are expecting it to be.

Finally someone said it. Ive been thinking this all week.

Must say as a general comment this has been the most unbelievable round of football. No game yet has gone to script, last night's games were just bizzare. Was very confident of Crows win today but after what I have seen I just don't know what to expect.

Seems like teams are really able to hold momentum for longer for some reason ... Carlton had a huge run after looking close to down and out, Freo and Port piled on massive scores early before their oppositions responded by holding the ascendancy for a long time. Don't know what the reason is, tems just don't seem to be able to hold things up when the other side get a run on.

The Afl will be getting really nervous about the gold coast now. What is it year 6 and looking like being a basket case. Hopefully they get raided by other clubs at the years end.

That would be great. Looks like the GW$ boys are sticking together...

Port should be happy with the win and 4 points but it really showed they are behind the Hawks. Hawks got caught napping but beat them for the remainder of the game without a full back.

Port should be happy with the win and 4 points but it really showed they are behind the Hawks. Hawks got caught napping but beat them for the remainder of the game without a full back.

And 2 on the bench.... I thought Port were the best 4 quarter team? They can't even out run a team who had 2 on the bench and started pre season even later than them.....

BIG game next week!

They're far from full strength, we're a better team on paper with more top level players and more balanced team. They've got dropped Minson and Ayce Cordy will be doing the ruck work.

Would take something huge for the Crows not to win this comfortably.

It's funny how when a team has a few outs people write them off but they end up winning. Gray out for Port and people were expecting Hawks to win but that all went to s**t didn't it?

Bathwater drinking, premiership hangover of a pre-season without actually winning the premiership. They love themselves, Hinkley loves himself, they are over the moon about a game where they were up by 58 and only won by 8.
I want the crows to be 58 points up and only win by 8 against the Hawks please.:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, so when I see some of your supporters say how the review cost your team, I just had to remind you it didn't always cost your team.

Slaone goal against Richmond that wasn't paid a goal.....and unlike the Pies game (we smashed the pies in that game so your point is stupid) that goal review was crucial to not only the game but our season.

Slaone goal against Richmond that wasn't paid a goal.....and unlike the Pies game (we smashed the pies in that game so your point is stupid) that goal review was crucial to not only the game but our season.

It wasn't even a goal review anyway so the point is erroneous to start with. Also still debate as to whether Jenkins kicked it while the siren was still sounding. Unlike the Sloane decision which appeared to be blatantly incorrect and almost certainly cost us the game ... and got Richmond into the 8.

I agree same could be said about Sam Day and Gibbs made the biggest blunder of them all though.

Could have received less but played at a top Victorian Club. I dont think he ever had the intention of coming home. A bit like Cooney, they are now settled in Victoria.

And Gibbs is going to rot on a poor Carlton team for years down the bottom of the ladder...nice choice Bryce.

It wasn't even a goal review anyway so the point is erroneous to start with. Also still debate as to whether Jenkins kicked it while the siren was still sounding. Unlike the Sloane decision which appeared to be blatantly incorrect and almost certainly cost us the game ... and got Richmond into the 8.

Yes but lets not point out these things to the Port troll who after his team wins against Hawthorn comes onto the Crows board for some reason and starts trying to make the most flimsy of points. Weird. They must be shining their April Cup again. Look how well that worked out for them last year. They need to learn how to beat Sydney or they aint going anywhere.

Cue Richmod vs Melbourne, Richmond were way ahead on all the KPI's (mostly after 3rd quarter) except the scoreboard and they got smashed really. Stats doesnt tell you anything, i remember in a certain grand final we beat geelong in the clearances too ;) More inside 50's for less goals also can mean our back 6 been exceptional

Your back 6 were indeed exceptional and I thought Carlile was bloody stiff to miss out on the medal for his job on Roughy. But the real story the skewed inside 50 count tells is that you completely parked the bus in the second half and stopped playing attacking footy. Westhoff was floating around on his own inside defensive 50 for the whole last quarter. An inside 50 is worth a lot less when it's to a flooded forward line. Port did enough damage in the first half to be able to play a less taxing style in the last half and won. While they cut it a bit fine, I, for one, was very impressed. They were ruthlessly efficient in the first and held off a surging hawthorn well enough (just) in the second. I'm far less confident about next week.

I could have sworn we won the game last night.

Get a grip you lot.

Last edited:
I could have sworn we win the game last night.

Get a grip you lot.
Did my version of events happen or not? I said you should be happy with the win but you can't expect they will let you get away with that start again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back