Scandal Alastair Clarkson whacking port fan

didaksrightfoot

Premiership Player
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Juventus
I haven't seen the video, but are people seriously defending a coach hitting a fan?

Obviously security needs to be better, the fan needs to be reprimanded etc.... but there is no way Clarko should get off scott free for making physical contact with a fan - it is a complete no go area. (and admittedly I haven't seen the video, but even if it is just a push he deserves a word from the AFL, but anything more and there must be some sort of response).

May 17, 2009
Melbourne , Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
The internet, where if your name is Clarkson it is okay to hit people.

Alistair needs counseling he has serious anger management issues.

Its always ok to defend yourself. No security in vicinity, idiots grabbing at you and getting in your face. Anyone would act in trying to push the idiot away. Nonsense post.

I haven't seen the video, but are people seriously defending a coach hitting a fan?

Obviously security needs to be better, the fan needs to be reprimanded etc.... but there is no way Clarko should get off scott free for making physical contact with a fan - it is a complete no go area. (and admittedly I haven't seen the video, but even if it is just a push he deserves a word from the AFL, but anything more and there must be some sort of response).
Watch the video mate.

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics

Well into his personal space.
Didn't hit him, pushed him away. Was within his rights.
Would like to see the fan get a stadium ban for a year. Go away and learn how to drink responsibly.

didaksrightfoot

Premiership Player
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Juventus
If the fan was getting in his face, he's more than justified in pushing him away.

No, he 100% is not... that is clear in every single sport in the world.

He is a professional sportsman/coach. This would happen multiple times every single game, to every single sportsman in the world. Unless the fan had physically jumped the fence and had made physical contact, there is absolutely no reason where it is justifiable for him to respond physically, and even in that case it would require restraint.

It sounds like it was only a push - and if thats the case, then I'm not saying he deserves any serious punishment, but at least a talking to from the AFL and an apology from Clarko are both in order. (while the fan should also be reprimanded if he was going beyond what is reasonably expected of a fan).

May 17, 2009
Melbourne , Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
No, he 100% is not... that is clear in every single sport in the world.

He is a professional sportsman/coach. This would happen multiple times every single game, to every single sportsman in the world. Unless the fan had physically jumped the fence and had made physical contact, there is absolutely no reason where it is justifiable for him to respond physically, and even in that case it would require restraint.

It sounds like it was only a push - and if thats the case, then I'm not saying he deserves any serious punishment, but at least a talking to from the AFL and an apology from Clarko are both in order. (while the fan should also be reprimanded if he was going beyond what is reasonably expected of a fan).

Just go and watch the video mate.

Back