Scandal Alastair Clarkson whacking port fan

Remove this Banner Ad

Ignores the 200+ meters of stalking and pushing/blocking of Hawthorn members trying to get into their Hotel room.

where is this coming from, is there some minute long video Victorians have exclusive access to?

wait so you think "any normal person" would respond to "how's it going Clarko how was the win, GO THE POWAAAA" with two jabs to the neck? what the hell? how exactly do you define normal mate
These w***ers had been haggling Clarko for a solid minute before the video started after he refused them a picture outside the hotel.

He then got in his face - twice - before yelling in his face. Yes, if a drunken idiot did that to me after I already gave him fair warning to back off, I'd clip him.

These guys made a concerted effort to follow Hawthorn back to their hotel and then provoke the coach in an effort to become "internet famous" - they deserved a clip.

Just saw it. What an over reaction.

Guy's being a **** stick right up in his face where he has no right to be and cops a nice little don't argue in the upper chest/neck. Instantly says "got that on camera". Slime ball who got less than he deserved.
The guy is literally holding a phone in front of his face and Clarkson gave him the reaction he wanted. Silly move Clarko, this was always going to end up on the back page.

It's not even a story. The real culprit here is channel 7 and Stevo for sinking past their already low depths to get their hands on the footage.
Drunk cockwit acts like a cockwit and gets pushed away. probably happened 10,000 times around the country last night.

This event highlights a few big issues imo.
1) Clarkson decided to walk back across the footbridge to the hotel rather than taking the team bus, without any security. Major red flags there.
2) Clarkson has a history of violence and anger issues. This is not a one off incident.

Granted, the guy who provoked him was a flog, and if he is a Port member, I hope the club takes action. That being said, he wasn't wearing any Port apparel, and given it was a Saturday night, there were plenty of idiots out on the streets so it could just be a group of people trying to provoke the coach.

I still don't get what Clarkson was thinking. He was wearing Hawthorn apparel, and punched the guy. As a sponsor, you would be furious. He's getting paid around a million a year to represent the club and its sponsors. It's just not a good look. Regardless that he was provoked, just walk away. You're doing yourself no favours by swinging at the guy, even more so when there is a camera right in your face.

These ******s had been haggling Clarko for a solid minute before the video started after he refused them a picture outside the hotel.

He then got in his face - twice - before yelling in his face. Yes, if a drunken idiot did that to me after I already gave him fair warning to back off, I'd clip him.
But you're not in a high profile position like he is. Like it or not, they are held to different standards than the general community. It's unreasonable but Clarkson had to restrain himself or face the inevitable backlash.

Not sure who was meant to be security for Clarkson but whoever they are they should be sacked. Fans shouldn't get anywhere near that close to coaches or players in the hours before, during or in the hours after a game. Than you have his meat head mate filming it. The Port fans had a hidden agenda to rile up Clarko and get a reaction, they got it. Port fan deserved every bit of it.

I've watched the full footage, it's a bit grainy but I don't see a punch thrown by Clarkson, more of an open handed push as in get out of my face, the Port fan comes back at him for seconds there's a bit of a grapple than Fagan steps in.

I hope the Power ban the muppet fans from Adelaide Oval and do something about the security before, during and after a game. No place for that

It didnt happen the Adelaide Oval. It was outside a pub near the motel.

The guy is literally holding a phone in front of his face and Clarkson gave him the reaction he wanted. Silly move Clarko, this was always going to end up on the back page.

Yep he got the reaction he wanted. Should have no complaints. Act like a * stick. Get the treatment a * stick deserves.

Clarko shouldn't regret a a thing and hopefully it actually just highlights that morons like this are the mouth breathers the media should focus their story on.

He must stand down. If he doesn't he must be sacked. He has issues.

AFL need to force Hawthorns hand.

Bad look for the game.

Imagine if this was any of the other 17 coaches. There will be a huge uproar.

Gillian needs to be strong here...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep he got the reaction he wanted. Should have no complaints. Act like a **** stick. Get the treatment a **** stick deserves.

Clarko shouldn't regret a a thing and hopefully it actually just highlights that morons like this are the mouth breathers the media should focus their story on.
No chance that will happen mate.

Absolutely no sympathy for the Port fan and no problems with what Clarkson did.

Reminds me of that incident years ago when an Adelaide fan was hanging s**t on a Port player - Brogan I think - at the airport and the Adelaide fan got punched and then had a massive cry to the media, showing pictures of him bleeding etc and expecting an outpouring of sympathy.

Losers like that guy and this Port fan deserve everything they get. It's unreasonable to think that behaviour like that is not going to get on the nerves of sportspeople or people in the public spotlight.

**** off and mind your own business.

I think other clubs have higher standards and inform security with any issues.

Couple Port guys behind me last night used the f and c bomb at least 5-6 times per minute and when they weren't abusing the Hawks or the umpires they were abusing their own team with racial undertones. Nobody gave a s**t. Just my experiences I could be unlucky.

Plus its hard to get many evicted when you only had 12k at your games for a few years there.
We get it. You don't like port. Find a new agenda, it is boring.

I guess most people want the afl to throw the book at clarkson not because what he did was unacceptable but because they just can't beat hawthorn :$

But you're not in a high profile position like he is. Like it or not, they are held to different standards than the general community. It's unreasonable but Clarkson had to restrain himself or face the inevitable backlash.
Of course he'll face backlash, but that doesn't make his actions wrong.

He was more than entitled to get this idiot away from him if he felt physically threatened... and having a clearly drunk bloke invading your personal space and yelling at you would certainly constitute a threat.

He must stand down. If he doesn't he must be sacked. He has issues.

AFL need to force Hawthorns hand.

Bad look for the game.

Imagine if this was any of the other 17 coaches. There will be a huge uproar.

Gillian needs to be strong here...
Yes, Clarko needs to take full responsibility.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back