Opinion Clarko and the idiot

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow, talk about being blown out of proportion. Even Wayne Carey has an opinion, which is laughable.

If it hadn't been filmed it wouldn't be half the circus it's become.

Sick of all this sideline BS ruining our game and this is just farcical.

Of course he was a knobhead. And of course crazy man clarkson was going to snap. Most people would. He was goaded into it. Ross Lyon snapped last year at a game too. Big freaking deal. Move on media and start talking about that great game that happened across the river from this mino, insignificant, and completely irrelevant incident.

Probably one of Clarko's mates trying to deflect the news away from how the Hawks have been beaten twice in the first four rounds.
What about this one from Fagan.........

"He politely declined to be photographed and (filmed) and the boys just got in his face."

Politely? Er, this is Alastair Clarkson we're talking about, is it?

Probably one of Clarko's mates trying to deflect the news away from how the Hawks have been beaten twice in the first four rounds.
What about this one from Fagan.........

"He politely declined to be photographed and (filmed) and the boys just got in his face."

Politely? Er, this is Alastair Clarkson we're talking about, is it?
Yep. He politely told that campaigner to get ****ed.

Nah shoulda shivved him like a stoolie in the showers mayte its ferkin UNAUSTRALIAN to not throw hands in all instances mayte
* yeah bro. If I saw an umpire on a plane or at a kids game I would just walk up and knock him out. Oi! Oi! Oi!

Ps chuck it on 7 and listen to Clarkson trying to justify it.

Edit - it's on Fox Footy

It wasn't at the ground, it was an hour after the game. Clarkson was walking to his hotel. Three drunk guys asked for a photo, he politely declined. They continued to verbally harrass he and those he was with for another couple of minutes, culminating in screaming right in his face, inside what could be considered his personal space by right. The Hawthorn CEO (who was there) has come out and said that they were intimidating.

The video is longer than what has been released, and allegedly shows this, but why would the "victim" release the whole thing? In fact, right after he is jabbed he says "did you get that!?".

This wasn't an innocent act, and Clarkson shouldn't have to put up with such behaviour, particularly as he had already told them to go away several times.

Like x 1000. Attention seeking clowns.

I have no problems with Clarko's outburst. I dont "condone" it, and nether do I "encourage" it .... but I TOTALLY understand it. Massive long day for him, under huge stress, would have been mentally and emotionally drained, then he gets harassed by a drunken dickhead! We see 10 seconds of this, it had been going on for 3 minutes! The climax is him shoving into Clarko with his shoulder, jamming him against the wall, and Clarko reacts. Good on him! A yelling drunken yobo is one thing, someone physically pushing into you while yelling into your face is another! - Hope they get the dickhead & shame him further!!!

Move on people ...

Why not just come out and say he reacted poorly? Instead of spending 5 minutes justifying it, which was not overly convincing.
The guy was a dickhead, yes, but no justification to push/hit/chop him in the throat. Just give him a shove in the side for christ sake.

Interesting that clarko in an interview just shown on C7 said the 3 blokes who harassed both he and another Hawthorn employee outside their hotel were obviously Port supporters.
There was nothing `obvious ' that the bloke who he pushed away was a Power supporter by how he was dressed, although he does call out `Power ' in the video I have seen. :confused:

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or the people who cheered Brogan on, now criticizing Clarkson.

I'll put my hand up and say I did.

When I was in my early 20's and subscribed to testosterone-saturated punch-on culture.

Grey pubes mellow you.

Lets see how many hypocrites who criticized the reaction of Dean Brogan when he was being harassed now come out and justify the reaction of Alistair Clarkson.
I criticized Dean Brogan and Dale Mortimer. I also criticized the reaction of Eric Cantona in 1995. Clarkson is just as bad and should get some kind of suspension from his club. I agree the lowlife who did this shares the blame but I'm also surprised everyone seems to think Clarko has no case to answer.

The only footage I've seen is the guy was just disrespectful and an annoyance, screamed in his ear, but Clarkson swung an open hand to his throat, which the dill deserved.
OMG… Yes, the guy was a dill but WHAT Clarkson did is not to be condoned… Clarkson is a professional and to say he had every right to lash out is wrong... Want to hear Clarkson's reason for losing is cool...

OMG… Yes, the guy was a dill but WHAT Clarkson did is not to be condoned… Clarkson is a professional and to say he had every right to lash out is wrong... Want to hear Clarkson's reason for losing is cool...
He was interviewed today but I haven't seen it yet. From what I've read of others thoughts on the mainboard thread, he explained himself very well.

Clarkson has every right to lash out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back