Review AFL Round 4, North Melbourne defeats Geelong by 16 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Gregson is better than Blicavs, Horlin Smith, Caddy and Murdoch already. I'd also prefer Thurlow or Walker.

Too much deadweight. Can't manage it anymore with the veterans slowing down.

I don't read a lot into the result, I think most honest neutral supporters would concede the umpiring was terribly North biased and cost us far more than 3 goals, so bring fair umpires and we win that game.

Explain how we win that game when North Melbourne did us in the Preliminary Final and the free kick count was 19-20 our way?

Also, today, North had eleven blokes gather 20 or more disposals in comparison to Geelong's three. I think that's why they won the game, and why we were also thumped by Fremantle and Hawthorn in rounds 1 & 2.

I demand a bunch of players be dropped and replaced by a bunch of players who next week i'll demand be dropped and replaced by the players i demanded to be dropped this week!
#firechrisscott
#Chapman

Think that about sums it up.

Not too much to ne happy with at the end of the game. Gregson is the type of player we need, someone that has a go of which other than our amazing skipper the midfield looks bare. Clark has been a great pick up but he had a few anger bursts today that cost him a great game. Lets get kolo, gore, blease in and see if they have something for the future

Why did he have to be subbed out 3/4 of the match today?

Is he injured or was it just a asinine decision?

Clearly Johnson is struggling to be fit to run out a full match (that was clear to me watching last week), I only assume they felt with so many players out they couldnt leave him out as well, so they'd play him for 1/4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unbelievable stats, they really tell a story!

These guys should be our 2-4 midfielders behind Selwood:

Caddy - 11 Possessions
Horlin-Smith - 10 Possessions
Guthrie - 16 Possessions.

Then we had:

Cockatoo - Less than 10, most wasted.
Kelly - Less than 10, nearly all wasted.
Motlop - More than 15, but nearly all useless.

Those stats tell us a lot.

Well the effort was there and we were preety good against an apparent flag contender.
Think we could have had a good chance at winning if not off the umpires who were ridiculous.
Also I thought we were way to aggressive with our forward press. Just made if way too easy for them to score when they got some space.
All in all I thought everyone tried hard and we only had a couple of players who played really poorly and we knew they would anyway

Not too much to ne happy with at the end of the game. Gregson is the type of player we need, someone that has a go of which other than our amazing skipper the midfield looks bare. Clark has been a great pick up but he had a few anger bursts today that cost him a great game. Lets get kolo, gore, blease in and see if they have something for the future
Did Clark give away 2 50s or just one?
I felt for him, though- being held off the ball by his opponent and ignored by the umpire before finally losing it and throwing the offender to the ground.

The ump should've done a Pilate from the Life of Brian and said "Thwow him to the gwound again, GuardClark!"

Explain how we win that game when North Melbourne did us in the Preliminary Final and the free kick count was 19-20 our way?

Also, today, North had eleven blokes gather 20 or more disposals in comparison to Geelong's three. I think that's why they won the game, and why we were also thumped by Fremantle and Hawthorn in rounds 1 & 2.

Disposal counts and even inside 50 counts dont win you games of footy on their own, Hawthorn last night proved that. They had numerous goals directly created by terrible umpiring decisions, in particular umpires being inconsistent about when to call incorrect disposal while tackled, it was very obvious I would have thought.

I demand a bunch of players be dropped and replaced by a bunch of players who next week i'll demand be dropped and replaced by the players i demanded to be dropped this week!
#firechrisscott
#Chapman

Clubhouse leader for POTY.

Motlop - More than 15, but nearly all useless.

Those stats tell us a lot.
he was particularly useless today wasn't he... signs were there early when he tried to take the easy option to boot the ball off the ground rather than pick it up (and fresh aired it as well)

Some initial not so goods
-our bombing into the forward line, just awful to watch
-lack of crumbers in the forward line
<snipped>

add to that excessive handballing in congestion points to a poor setup - there is no early effective outlet.

I don't like going on about coaching, but the above is coaching.

Another thing is that the up and coming guys that were supposed to step up and provide our x factor this year seem to be given more negative roles. Meanwhile Cockatoo is hanging about in that very area, but unable produce.

#firechrisscott
#Chapman

I do agree that calling for a bunch of players to be dropped is unnecessary, simply because we lack the depth to adequately replace most players, unless we want to bring in even more really young players, which won't help anything. The coaching was bad this game, but there was always the problem of having a lot of inexperience in the side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back