Bendigo FNL 2017

Who will win this year's BFNL senior flag

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

This could be a really lop sided round

Square over Gissy - 10 goals plus
Hawks over Flat - 10 goals plus
Hurst over Mary - this could be a blood bath, not sure even G.Ablett could save them this week, 20 goals plus
Strom over Maine - not in the same league (not sure any sides are), 6-8 Goals
South Over Ky - the only game likely to be close and I think Sth may just get this one, less than 2 goals

sad day for BFNL broadcasting teams
Dynamite Dave Brown passed away Friday afternoon
bowel cancer had spread thru'out body and he'd been on drip feeding 4 months
family agrees 2 turn off life support system Friday
dynamite also b'cast AFL for the NIRS as well as BFL
NIRS broadcast mates said Dynamite only 57 or 58 so didn't make old bones
very, very sad weekend!!

Watched Mary v Hurst on Saturday..... all I can say is Tim Martin is a beast. Such a class above

Watched Mary v Hurst on Saturday..... all I can say is Tim Martin is a beast. Such a class above

I would suggest that most players look like beast playing against Marybrough.

Only seen martin once but looks like the rather standard bigman, good tap work in the middle (his midfield helps), then he sits down the line. If teams are stupid enough to kick it down the line he marks well but doesn't do a lot else. No real concerns as a forward unless in a high 1v1.

Only seen martin once but looks like the rather standard bigman, good tap work in the middle (his midfield helps), then he sits down the line. If teams are stupid enough to kick it down the line he marks well but doesn't do a lot else. No real concerns as a forward unless in a high 1v1.

Standard big man who has won the last 2 league medals easily

Standard big man who has won the last 2 league medals easily

The footy is played that slowly in the BFNL that he can just sit down the line and sides keep kicking it to him! Not his fault and good luck to him but it's simple football in this league suits big bodies and not good football / ers necessary.

Funny you say that cause he absolutely dominated in the forward line on the lead. Twice as good as any other bigman running around the BFL in my opinion.

The footy is played that slowly in the BFNL that he can just sit down the line and sides keep kicking it to him! Not his fault and good luck to him but it's simple football in this league suits big bodies and not good football / ers necessary.

Seems to go ok at inter league level...I'd have him in any side in country Victoria

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cosmo21. Having a crack or just stirring the pot about Tim Martin?

" just a standard ruckmen."

"Good tap but midfield helps there"

"Sits down the line"

"Not a concern forward unless in high 1v1"

Remind me never to read one of your posts again if serious.

What else does Cosmo want him to do? Would be great to see him and kelm go head to head.
On another note how long has the giesch being helping out at gisborne?

Seems to go ok at inter league level...I'd have him in any side in country Victoria

True Timmy is a star at Country Level and I think he could play VFL Footy now working into the prime of his career. Ive been a bit surprised how well we have been playing getting an enormous amount of shots on goal and looking forward to getting Mitch Dole back and just hoping that put Ryan Haythorpe in as a key target doesn't effect the diversty that our forward line has shown in the early games.

Interesting Season ahead at the start I thought we might have been the 3rd best side but at the moment id say we are 2nd and snipping away closely on the back of Straths heels.

Eaglehawk are travelling pretty well also and could be a chance if they can keep their list on the park.

What does everyone think the top 5 will look line at the end of the home and away?

I will go
1. Strath 2. Dragons 3. Eaglehawk 4. Square 5. Kyneton.

Cosmo21. Having a crack or just stirring the pot about Tim Martin?

" just a standard ruckmen."

"Good tap but midfield helps there"

"Sits down the line"

"Not a concern forward unless in high 1v1"

Remind me never to read one of your posts again if serious.

Not potting him just think his game suits this league

What else does Cosmo want him to do? Would be great to see him and kelm go head to head.
On another note how long has the giesch being helping out at gisborne?

Your right not much more he could do too prove him self here just commented on a previous post re him beating up on Mary's which is a bit like shooting fish in a barrel! I don't understand why other club don't just play quicker and move the ball around him?

Yep and he would make any side in Country Vic - at metro level it would be interesting to see, smarter footballers (round up the tall down the line) and teams move the ball much faster.

True Timmy is a star at Country Level and I think he could play VFL Footy now working into the prime of his career. Ive been a bit surprised how well we have been playing getting an enormous amount of shots on goal and looking forward to getting Mitch Dole back and just hoping that put Ryan Haythorpe in as a key target doesn't effect the diversty that our forward line has shown in the early games.

Interesting Season ahead at the start I thought we might have been the 3rd best side but at the moment id say we are 2nd and snipping away closely on the back of Straths heels.

Eaglehawk are travelling pretty well also and could be a chance if they can keep their list on the park.

What does everyone think the top 5 will look line at the end of the home and away?

I will go
1. Strath 2. Dragons 3. Eaglehawk 4. Square 5. Kyneton.

Haven't seen everyone this year yet but I'll go:

1. Strath - Best side in it and will win again
2. Dragons - Only side that could challenge but need everyone to be fit
3. Square - Beat the poor sides well but can't get the top two
4. Hawks - but along way off the top three
5. Gizzy - ???

I think Ky rely onto to few and think the Maine will drop off??

Eaglehawk to beat Castlemaine by 45
Strath to beat Maryb by 101
Square to beat Kyneton by 26
Gisborne to beat South By 39
Dragons to beat Flat by 83

Tim Martin is the best ruckman in the league and would get a game in any side in Victoria. But Cosmo's point of the BNFL playing into his hands is a valid one. BFNL is slow, predictable football. For some reason opposition clubs constantly kick it to him. He does all the right things and get's to the right places but I have no doubt he wouldn't be as dominant in other leagues.

How did Lachlan Ross of Sandhurst not make the Interleague squad? I watched his game on the weekend and there are few if any with his skills and touch getting around the league even in the wet he was a clear stand out above everyone else. Any thoughts on why?

Eaglehawk to beat Castlemaine by couple of goals
Strath to beat Maryb by 200 (yep calling it a 200 point game)
Square to beat Kyneton by 40
Gisborne to beat South by 2 goals maybe (neither side can score this year)
Dragons to beat Flat by 100 (flat are in the bottom three and maybe even traveling worse than Sth so maybe bottom two)

Dragons to beat Flat by 100 (flat are in the bottom three and maybe even traveling worse than Sth so maybe bottom two)
Gisborne will kill South

Gisborne will kill South

Wow CG you really provide such great value to this forum (FLOG!) give a reason!

When I challenged you on Martin all you could do we talk about my spelling now a bullshit comment like "Gisborne will kill South".

Just so we are clear I don't think South will win but Gizzy have gone backwards from last year, from reports I have heard they the older guys are just holding on and the young guys are not good enough. Having said South are in a very similar boat. Both side have only kicked over 10 goals once this year! hence the comment....

Cosmo,
not sure what your beef is but you love not rating the Flat
Yeah their doing hard at the moment and the list is being tested as any list would with what they are going through
Don't expect the Flat to push top 4 sides at the moment but with a full list in the second half of the year I would expect some well done's from you to the Flat when they get a couple of scalps

Back