Diet and nutrition

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-08-11/navigating-the-hype-of-health-food-halos/6688648

This article highlights how difficult it can be for the layman to buy healthy food.

It's unfortunate the "answer" to this problem involves unnecessarily demonising foods high in saturated fats and sodium. Although it may shine further light on the dangers of shitty processed food which more often than not is stuffed with sodium and/or sugar.

Really highlights we've got a long road to travel to improve the health of the greater population when those we are meant to trust (e.g. Medical Board of Australia, DAA and Heart Foundation) are bending over for corporate support.

"So how do you make sense of all the claims? You could try using the health star rating."

Oh OK.

oGdbDrsSOqIMEiC-800x450-noPad.jpg

That is disgusting my friends. Hopefully the butter and fat prices come down though.

My step mum nearly choked when i told her that i eat 4 eggs a day. She's like "have you had your cholesterol checked?"

She's as health conscious as they come, drinks skinny milk etc - following the advice and recommendations by the aforementioned foundations. I find it excruciatingly sad that people's trust is so horribly exploited which is killing them and making them sick.

So as long as something is low fat and low salt it's healthy?

That to me seems like a very dangerous way of looking at things.

A giant slab of soy protein, vegetable oils, starch thickeners and preservatives isn't in any way healthy.

My step mum nearly choked when i told her that i eat 4 eggs a day. She's like "have you had your cholesterol checked?"

She's as health conscious as they come, drinks skinny milk etc - following the advice and recommendations by the aforementioned foundations. I find it excruciatingly sad that people's trust is so horribly exploited which is killing them and making them sick.
Tell her to eat half a tub of Pro-Active marg everyday as it points out on the tub it "Actively reduces cholesterol"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are we still attributing the form of Port Adelaide and the Australian cricket team exclusively to their diet in here?
Why don't you just stick to liking Chief, the most stable genius,'s posts mate, it's probably your most salient contribution to this board.

Saw someone order a skinny latte and a "Raw powergreens coconut ball". so take the fat out of the milk but eat a ball full of coconut oil...

Interesting guide.

Primal is how I base my diet 95% of the time. The 5% is reserved for social occasions when I will eat whatever everyone else is eating plus a few Big Head beers. And I usually avoid white spuds but eat heaps of sweet potato and don't touch any kind of milk. I also have occasional white rice with curry but have discovered the wicked taste of 50/50 white rice and Cauliflower rice.

11880459_10204551585781004_3675984686551640053_n.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back