Round 5 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm looking at going:
Lumumba -> Jake Kelly
Rich -> Hodge (into defence for Saad)

Rich is going OK, but the mid rookies are scoring the same if not better. Whereas Hodge is a massive upgrade on Lumumba. Then again Brisbane have GC next week, so Rich might ton up.

Could go:

Newton -> Dumont
Lumumba -> Duryea
With $164,000 in the bank to potentially get Hodge the following week.

I'm sure I'll stress over it all week and make the wrong decision regardless.

Last edited:

Yeah feel like I'm in for the long haul with those two. Barlow especially...surely he comes good this week?

Who else is holding Barlow? It's a long season.
I'm 50/50. Barlow is surely a keeper, but I've noticed in the last two games that he has looked very unfit and doesn't even look like getting near it, spending lots of time on the wing and half forward. His role is not DT friendly ATM. His round 12 bye is very important in my team though, as I'm a bit short. For me, I'm erghh... I don't know! He could come out and smash it this week.

At this stage it is Lumumba > Talia and Z. Smith to S Martin. Still $184K in bank.

Last week I had a late change of heart and reversed Bennell > Franklin and went Honeychurch to Jack Martin. (Really want to get rid of Bennell he had just been lazy and Jack Martin subbed early with ankle).

In mid Van Berlo's days are numbered as is Heeney. They look like a combined trade to Heppell and a rookie not sure who.

Anyone tempted by Cutler? 107 at $260k is pretty good value, if nothing else there is revenue potential there.

Anyone tempted by Cutler? 107 at $260k is pretty good value, if nothing else there is revenue potential there.
one game, wouldn't go there yet if you did. mightn't even stay in the squad let alone score well, his scoring last year was not great either

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very confused with what trades I should do.
My team is the following.
Def: Newnes, Shaw, Hunt, Lumumba*, Tosh, Oxley (Saad, Goodes*)
Mid: Lewis, Heppell, Beams, Ward, Barlow*, Rich, Cripps, CEY (Vandenberg, Newton*)
Ruck: Mummy, TBell** (spuds)
Fwd: Dusty, Gray, Swan, Lynch (Adelaide), Salem, Clark (McCarthy, Byrne)
35k left
Thoughts are appreciated. Cheers

Probably downgrading Van Berlo to Cripps and one of Newton/Salem to somebody. Krakouer, McInnes possible options

Probably downgrading Van Berlo to Cripps and one of Newton/Salem to somebody. Krakouer, McInnes possible options

McInnes' job security isn't that high - he did well enough to deserve to stay in the side this week but he's still relatively green and may not go as well against tougher opponents than the Lions. Once Darling is back (which admittedly is probably going to be 4+ weeks) I think he'll likely be out of the side again. Sinclair every chance to take his place in the meantime too.

EDIT: Currently looking at:
Newnes->Duryea (a bit sideways but I've lost faith in Newnes and he's started to leak cash)
HoneyChurch->Vandenberg

Last edited:
After some decision altering to trades I have currently decided to roll with:
Jed Anderson>Tarrant via Lambert DPP
Bruce > Talia

That way I can add in more serviceable players while adding team value for later upgrades.

Only got 1868 last week but has 2 wins in my H2H comps

I'm rage trading Newton out for Krakouer. Fed up with him and have vandenBerg to promote to starting team

Second trade I'm holding off on until later in the week. Might need to be Robbie Gray otherwise Brett Goodes is in the firing line

There are to many permutations for my possible trades, but I am holding off trading in premo fwds/backs in until the dpp changes.

At this stage:
H. Bennell > (Tarrant, Krak)
I. Heeney/Honey > rd12 mid (Armitage/Risky/Steven/Heppell) or S.Martin.

Originally I had it straight to Martin, but as there is only him or Jacobs (I have goldy) and what is Luey potentially do....

First in brackets are my current selection.

Last edited:
Well last week I went

Out: Bartel/Mummy
In: Grundy/Dahl

Worked out ok, probably should have brought in Tarrant instead of sideways-ing Mummy but oh well. Was too busy end of the week to check out rookies.

This week:

Out: Barlow/Lumumba
In: ???/???

Might be a bad idea to drop Barlow but I have the trade and he's got too much of a question mark over his head. Might go for Heppel, Boyd or Thompson. As for Harry, will probably trade him for a cow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back