PC 7 Days to Die

Remove this Banner Ad

How many rows of spikes? I had 6 rows of wood log spikes around my base in an earlier version. Are you using stick spikes or wood log spikes?

Not many, only a couple. I actually don't have a forge yet as have been very unlikely and found multiple copies of every other book, but no forge. In saying that it's my first play so a lot of it is new to me and I was very conservative early before learning the ropes a bit more. In terms of heat, there were a lot of dead zombies after the first night which left many gore blocks on my spikes, is that what attracted them? Because other than that I haven't really done anything to attract heat.

I didn't really fortify it that much as I didn't think I'd be attacked, having not been attacked in my previous 20 nights hiding out in a barn. In 11.3, do feral hordes still come for you every 7 days? Because as I said that didn't happen in my barn hideout. But in saying that, I had triple layer fully reinforced wood frame walls, overhang to prevent spiders getting in and 2 rows of spikes, 1 of wood log spikes and the other of stick spikes.

Also, are spider zombies noticeable in any specific way? I know what they look like after a google, but from distance they would look similar to any other zombie unless you look closely, or is there something distuingishable they do?

Not many, only a couple. I actually don't have a forge yet as have been very unlikely and found multiple copies of every other book, but no forge. In saying that it's my first play so a lot of it is new to me and I was very conservative early before learning the ropes a bit more. In terms of heat, there were a lot of dead zombies after the first night which left many gore blocks on my spikes, is that what attracted them? Because other than that I haven't really done anything to attract heat.

I didn't really fortify it that much as I didn't think I'd be attacked, having not been attacked in my previous 20 nights hiding out in a barn. In 11.3, do feral hordes still come for you every 7 days? Because as I said that didn't happen in my barn hideout. But in saying that, I had triple layer fully reinforced wood frame walls, overhang to prevent spiders getting in and 2 rows of spikes, 1 of wood log spikes and the other of stick spikes.

Also, are spider zombies noticeable in any specific way? I know what they look like after a google, but from distance they would look similar to any other zombie unless you look closely, or is there something distuingishable they do?

Gore blocks dont attract heat. Noise and combat does though. Yes, feral hordes come every 7 days unless you log out and back in, there is a bug when lets say on day 7 you log out the horde that was coming resets. Spider zombies are distinct, they are tall and thin. You need to kill them over any other zombie as they will bring in hordes.

Gore blocks dont attract heat. Noise and combat does though. Yes, feral hordes come every 7 days unless you log out and back in, there is a bug when lets say on day 7 you log out the horde that was coming resets. Spider zombies are distinct, they are tall and thin. You need to kill them over any other zombie as they will bring in hordes.

Ahh ok, cheers for the info. I must have logged out to look up info on day 7 both previous times then, not realizing I was cancelling the horde. Makes sense. So does that mean if you log out on day 5 it will come on day 12, or only if you log out after the horde has spawned. And just to clarify, feral hordes know your exact location don't they, there's no hiding.

Ahh ok, cheers for the info. I must have logged out to look up info on day 7 both previous times then, not realizing I was cancelling the horde. Makes sense. So does that mean if you log out on day 5 it will come on day 12, or only if you log out after the horde has spawned. And just to clarify, feral hordes know your exact location don't they, there's no hiding.

yeah feral hordes have gps. On day 7 - 14 etc I just stay in my base. They can hit at night, or during the day. The later days you could get 2-3 hordes.

Also if you log out to get away from the horde, yeah it re sets but will mean you may get hit by 2-3 hordes at the same time. Something you may have experienced in your first post.

So is it best to board up windows in an existing house to prevent light/heat getting out?

I also have no defences set up to stop any attacks. I guess I should get onto building a proper base with some spikes ASAP.

I am a bit over the initial scavenging stage. This new one for 11.4 I've set to 150% loot.
Does the new builds reset servers also? And when did 11.4 come out? Been a few days Since playing.

Does the new builds reset servers also? And when did 11.4 come out? Been a few days Since playing.
Don't know about servers - it seems to be a bit hit and miss if your map will die on an update.

11.4 went up yesterday I think.

Do you find the game a bit easy? Not many challenges once you get a decent base set up.
Yes. I sat up on my base one night firing a gun. A constant stream of zombies including exploding cops barely cracked the concrete wall and the log spikes. I just made a walkway over the spikes and repaired it all.

It does have the problem of what to do after getting fully armored and an impregnable base.

New gore blocks could make it more interesting as they climb over the dead bodies of their friends.

You can experiment with buildings a bit. I'll get a pic of the pyramid I am building. I didn't really 'get' the building stuff until the last couple of days. Now I appreciate metal trussing.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes. I sat up on my base one night firing a gun. A constant stream of zombies including exploding cops barely cracked the concrete wall and the log spikes. I just made a walkway over the spikes and repaired it all.

It does have the problem of what to do after getting fully armored and an impregnable base.

New gore blocks could make it more interesting as they climb over the dead bodies of their friends.

You can experiment with buildings a bit. I'll get a pic of the pyramid I am building. I didn't really 'get' the building stuff until the last couple of days. Now I appreciate metal trussing.

I think the best fix would just be to make survival harder. Make animals faster, food rarer to find, medicine only really available in big cities. Also I think once a large amount of noise has been generated in one area, zombies should flock to that area for days after, not just one horde. And one glaring weakness is zombies/spider zombies being unable to attack upwards. Spiders are pretty useless considering an overhang just mitigates their only strength, and everyone builds overhangs for that reason. Better off removing spiders and making regular zombies able to attack upwards. But yeah, definitely needs some tweaking.

Getting a bit peeved with one bug.

You lose everything you're crafting if you exit the game while crafting.

Just lost half a stack of iron.
Jesus now a stack of cement gone. You'd think the basics like crafting would be pretty solid by now.

I think the best fix would just be to make survival harder. Make animals faster, food rarer to find, medicine only really available in big cities. Also I think once a large amount of noise has been generated in one area, zombies should flock to that area for days after, not just one horde. And one glaring weakness is zombies/spider zombies being unable to attack upwards. Spiders are pretty useless considering an overhang just mitigates their only strength, and everyone builds overhangs for that reason. Better off removing spiders and making regular zombies able to attack upwards. But yeah, definitely needs some tweaking.
No keep spiders but yeah - attack upwards would be pretty useful for them.

This is on sale, I think 50% off, on the Humble store this weekend.
Hopefully more bigfooty guys buy this game then maybe 2 can set up a server.

I'm currently playing a server called 'Loki random 1' I think but tge guy has no forums. The other populated servers with forums are pvp and atm I'm more worried about surviving hordes than other players.

Get ya mates on bf to buy this game pls.

19.5 hrs left for the sale at $12.49

Alpha 12 has dropped. It is a lot harder but well worth it. Still a little buggy but a hot fix should clean it up. The best bit Chief they have worked the new build that when they patch it, you wont need to restart.

I'm loving the new higher difficulty now.

When the patch first dropped I was not enjoying it. It is very hard to raid a poi the first couple of days and avoiding zeds really is a must unless it's only a couple.

After a bit of practice in sp I'm now onto 'The A Server' and have a bit of a start. Found the forge book in first 20mins but don't have a recipe to really use it yet.

I found a great(blue)spiked club and I'm now 1 shotting zeds and 2 shotting bloated zeds. I feel sort of safe but for the lack of food.

I'm loving the new higher difficulty now.

When the patch first dropped I was not enjoying it. It is very hard to raid a poi the first couple of days and avoiding zeds really is a must unless it's only a couple.

After a bit of practice in sp I'm now onto 'The A Server' and have a bit of a start. Found the forge book in first 20mins but don't have a recipe to really use it yet.

I found a great(blue)spiked club and I'm now 1 shotting zeds and 2 shotting bloated zeds. I feel sort of safe but for the lack of food.

Same feelings with me. Due to playing the game for as long as I have, i had to adjust. I kept finding myself re starting all the time lol. Now that I am in my grove, I am in day 4, have found a spike club and that has changed the game for me now. I use that instead of my bow and it really makes killing zeds easier. I have not found the forge book yet but have managed to save up enough iron arrows and steel arrows from drops..they now allow me to kill bears, so food is now no longer an issue.

The game is at a fantastic stage now. I have faced two hordes and my base, a modified pre fab I have found has held up. I am now hunkering down till day 7 horde passes and then ill move on till i find the leather and forge books.

Same feelings with me. Due to playing the game for as long as I have, i had to adjust. I kept finding myself re starting all the time lol. Now that I am in my grove, I am in day 4, have found a spike club and that has changed the game for me now. I use that instead of my bow and it really makes killing zeds easier. I have not found the forge book yet but have managed to save up enough iron arrows and steel arrows from drops..they now allow me to kill bears, so food is now no longer an issue.

The game is at a fantastic stage now. I have faced two hordes and my base, a modified pre fab I have found has held up. I am now hunkering down till day 7 horde passes and then ill move on till i find the leather and forge books.
How many iron or steel arrows does it take to kill a bear? I'm yet to take one on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back