2015 Draft, Trade & Free Agent Discussion & Speculation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopefully he and Hogan were talking about how much they both would like to go back to Perth to play for Freo and somebody over the fence overheard.

Not very.

Since when is Rance the best backman in the comp too? I reckon he's going to demand way too much cash for a position we don't really have a huge hole in if Pearce can make the next level

Yep, Rance is becoming very over rated. From what I've seen of Pearce, I'll back him in to become better than Rance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He'll be at the Hawks next yr, after we have basically begged and bent over willingly for him.

I don't think we will. We're smarter than that now under Bondy and Lloyd. If he's available we'll give a fair but smart offer and if its not enough, we'll walk away. That's how it should be.

I don't think we will. We're smarter than that now under Bondy and Lloyd. If he's available we'll give a fair but smart offer and if its not enough, we'll walk away. That's how it should be.

Cloke, Goddard, Frawley and to a lesser extent Tigers Revoldt. We just upped the $$ and terms and still got done over. We look decidedly desperate every year.

Yep, Rance is becoming very over rated. From what I've seen of Pearce, I'll back him in to become better than Rance.
Rance is being overrated?

Maybe. But saying a Alex Pearce who hasn't played an AFL game will be a better player than a guy who won AA last year and would probably have another one if the team was picked now may just be overrating our own a bit.

Realistically - a fair trade would be croz for Black

Both have currency
Both suit needs of their new club
Both get to 'go home'
Both have played the same amount of games any showed something

and I don't think steak knives would be needed from either side unless one finds more game time / form this season than the other

Thoughts?
I actually rate Black and so do North. Had a terrible year last year but in 2013 he was superb.

North would ask for a second rounder on top of Crozier I reckon. This is a guy that we have tried to trade our first rounder for in the past and have been knocked back. He has a contract until 2017. We'll have to play premium to get him. If we are lucky we might get a pick back from North as well.

Last edited:
Rance is being overrated?

Maybe. But saying a Alex Pearce who hasn't played an AFL game will be a better player than a guy who won AA last year and would probably have another one if the team was picked now may just be overrating our own a bit.

That's a fair call Docker82, guilty as charged.

I want Cam McCarthy from Gws. kick 5 goals vs the suns. Gutted he didnt reach freos 1st round pick that season he got taken.
I was pissed with GWS going after an another and having another dam draft pick.
Can't fault their recruiting decision. They really got it right and were possibly aware that it would be difficult to retain some of those talls.

Not very.

Since when is Rance the best backman in the comp too? I reckon he's going to demand way too much cash for a position we don't really have a huge hole in if Pearce can make the next level

Rance is seriously good. He has just taken things to another level the second half of last year and this year. Realistically the age gap between him and Pearce is perfect too. It's not like you can't play both of them when Rance is as good as he is as a rebounding defender. Remember Johnno needs replacing too.

It seems to me that the amount of cash is really not that much of a concern for us. We're going to have McPharlin, Pav and Sandi retiring over the next few years. We've been frontloading contracts for a while to produce these buckets of cash we keep throwing at KPPs... We've got to spend it somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back