Super Hans

marcus proudson
10k Posts Pokemon is Life SuperCoach Club Board Championship League Member
Apr 27, 2009
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
TrailBlazers, Juventus, Raiders
G'day guys, was just wondering if anyone knows how to go about getting into having a career at champion data? What courses do you have to go through?

Don't know if this is the correct place to make this thread, but any help would be awesome. Thanks.

G'day guys, was just wondering if anyone knows how to go about getting into having a career at champion data? What courses do you have to go through?

You know what... I actually remembered that I wondered the same thing once upon a time and checked their website.

It said what type of person they were after and when I realised that the kind of person was way smarter than I was, I kinda gave up.

So I accessed Champion Data's website by using the Internet Archive's Wayback Machine and here's what the FAQs part of the website bought up:

Can I get a job at Champion Data?
Jobs in this field of sport are highly valued and quite rare. Currently we have no vacancies, but are always interested to hear via email from anyone with high level qualifications in the dual skills of software programming and mathematics.

I'd guess that the same qualifications are needed, but hopefully they get back to your email and let you know!

You know what... I actually remembered that I wondered the same thing once upon a time and checked their website.

It said what type of person they were after and when I realised that the kind of person was way smarter than I was, I kinda gave up.

So I accessed Champion Data's website by using the Internet Archive's Wayback Machine and here's what the FAQs part of the website bought up:

I'd guess that the same qualifications are needed, but hopefully they get back to your email and let you know!

Ugh, seems like a job for the smart man. Was no harm is trying though. Hopefully they reply to my email.

I met someone at the young statisticians of Victoria who was doing his PHD through them.

I might contact them about that!!!
They might discover in their research the secret behind the mysterious goals and behinds tallies, the highest of which nearly always (one that didn't) wins the game despite the other team having more clearances, contested possessions, inside 50s, greater accumulated inside leg measurements etc. ;)

They might discover in their research the secret behind the mysterious goals and behinds tallies, the highest of which nearly always (one that didn't) wins the game despite the other team having more clearances, contested possessions, inside 50s, greater accumulated inside leg measurements etc. ;)

His research was to do with heat maps. It is related to what I've been researching.

Graphical representation for coaches of Jack Dyer's maxim?

I only spoke to him once, and that was around 4 years ago. I'm pretty sure when they talk about attacking up the corridor or along the boundary, then this sort of data would be used. Obviously they would look at individual players and where they get their possessions too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't know if this is the correct place to make this thread, but any help would be awesome. Thanks.
Did you have any luck?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back