Past #14: Trent Dumont - delisted end '21 - 113 NM games/26 NM goals - 2019 NM VCapt - thanks Froggy

Remove this Banner Ad

What a start. On for a few minutes and plays a key role in setting up the win. My Redlegs supporting in-laws were as excited as I was today. Great start Froggy!

Ironic that he's wearing the number of an all time legend of SA footy, Garry McIntosh… who North signed/ nominated on a form 4 contract.. back in the day. Perhaps the only SA player who would of KILLED it had he come across and I still, to THIS DAY, would say that a G.McIntosh would of got North a FLAG in the 80's.. More harder than Russell Ebert ever was.

"Which North Melbourne turns up on Saturday is anyone’s guess, what we do know is there will be some very unlucky players who miss out. Ben Jacobs and Robbie Tarrant have been super since getting their chance while Trent Dumont’s five disposals were as good as five disposals as you’ll ever see. Strong over the ball, cool under pressure and had the polish to kick the sealer with a check-side snap from 35m. No wonder he calls himself “The Difference”."

From an article on the Herald Sun website. It's caught on, "The Difference"!

I think we're all starting to see now why Greenwood was so expendable.

See it now?? Are you kidding yourself?

Perfectly understandable why Greenwood would seek a bigger contract.. anyone would. With less than 80 games in six seasons in which his sixth season was a career best to finish as high as B&F runner up. I think even he saw the writing was on the wall as he was a fringe player for much of his first 5 years with bursts of good footy for a couple games then not much more. Could see this coming long way away.. I know I wasn't disappointed with unloading and bringing in Missy / Koko.

Last edited:
The perfect debut. Was sold a hospitalish handball from wright in the last but made it look good and continued on to set up Brown for a very crucial goal.

And I betcha all these Cats fans were scrambling to find the footy record and look up who the HECK is this #14?? Upstaged ol' Joel as the IMPACT #14 on the field, that's for sure. Benny Cunnington did well to shadow Selwood and the amusing moment for me was Selwood's own medicine play when he collared the unheralded Lindsay Thomas in the last Q and the look of disappointment on Joel's face.. :D

Well umpired game.. :thumbsu:

See it now?? Are you kidding yourself?

Perfectly understandable why Greenwood would seek a bigger contract.. anyone would. With less than 80 games in six seasons in which his sixth season was a career best to finish as high as B&F runner up. I think even he saw the writing was on the wall as he was a fringe player for much of his first 5 years with bursts of good footy for a couple games then not much more. Could see this coming long way away.. I know I wasn't disappointed with unloading and bringing in Missy / Coco.
B Ware?

CDkjqo4WYAE7Oy2.jpg

Ironic that he's wearing the number of an all time legend of SA footy, Garry McIntosh… who North signed/ nominated on a form 4 contract.. back in the day. Perhaps the only SA player who would of KILLED it had he come across and I still, to THIS DAY, would say that a G.McIntosh would of got North a FLAG in the 80's.. More harder than Russell Ebert ever was.

Garry McIntosh is still wanted in Ireland for murder after he went on a one man mission to take their entire Gaelic team down one by one as the Aussie goalkeeper back in the day. The man could throw a few and was a wrecking machine!

Garry McIntosh is still wanted in Ireland for murder after he went on a one man mission to take their entire Gaelic team down one by one as the Aussie goalkeeper back in the day. The man could throw a few and was a wrecking machine!
I remember watching that on RTE as a kid. The bloke looked like a wild beast from the southern hemisphere.

I remember watching that on RTE as a kid. The bloke looked like a wild beast from the southern hemisphere.

He looked like a savage released from his subterranean prison after 20 years, desperate to dine on humans. Talk about a nutter!

My calibre of footballer… :thumbsu: Those who didn't know of Macca… he was that Glenn Archer mould (thick bodied) but mainly played ruck rover / centreman who was such the fearless CRASH BANG S.O.B. Left footed player who loved the big stage… bum out, socks down.. old fashioned and brutal esp in the wet. I remember his State Of Origin games when he literally towelled up Diesel Williams amongst many.. that's what footy was all about… PHYSICAL and RELENTLESS was Norwood's #14 epitomised. We have that calibre in Jack Ziebell. Gotta Love him!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are spot on mate. Macca was an absolute beast, he was tough, skilled and would run all day. If Froggy can extract half the talent of Macca, we will be on to an absolute ripper.

You are spot on mate. Macca was an absolute beast, he was tough, skilled and would run all day. If Froggy can extract half the talent of Macca, we will be on to an absolute ripper.

Even a third of Macca and we've got a corker of a player. Those who continue to say… shouldda been in the team from R1 need to understand that inclusions during the season are more about team management and it's been this way for a long time. Heck, Boomer Harvey debuted in the last round at the 'G vs Richmond back in 1996.. under Pagan it wasn't the same impact interchange system as now but nethertheless.. ol' #29 still running around getting a kick.

And I betcha all these Cats fans were scrambling to find the footy record and look up who the HECK is this #14?? Upstaged ol' Joel as the IMPACT #14 on the field, that's for sure. Benny Cunnington did well to shadow Selwood and the amusing moment for me was Selwood's own medicine play when he collared the unheralded Lindsay Thomas in the last Q and the look of disappointment on Joel's face.. :D

Well umpired game.. :thumbsu:
I yelled at the tv, "serves you right Selwood, you get that free kick all the time, stop whinging"

His endurance is one thing that I think is a great point if difference. Has cunnington and ziebell like inside game but has a huge edge on them both if you compare them at a similar age fitness wise. Exciting stuff.

I yelled at the tv, "serves you right Selwood, you get that free kick all the time, stop whinging"
I yelled out, in a similar circumstance in the 2012 EF, when a Weagle gave away a free for too high and the crowd 'booed' (what a surprise), "You're f@#%ing kidding me!" Ashamed to say I forced a 'good North man and his young son to move away'.

But yeah, the ironing when renown duckers cop a taste of their own medicine!

Brad "the Prophet" Scott - "and the day we drafted you Trent, I thought this is a guy who is gonna work for every opportunity he gets, and he's only gonna need that much of an opportunity and when he gets it, he's gonna take it"

Onya Froggy :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back