Bachar Houli allegedly called a Terrorist by 3AW's John Burns

Remove this Banner Ad

Yelling at a football game != "in private"

Comprehension fail
Loads of dumb sh!t get yelled every week at the footy. I've heard it all.

But lets all stand there with our notebooks and smartphones waiting to tell on every transgression like some some pissant informer in Stalin's USSR. Way to go Australia.

But lets all stand there with our notebooks and smartphones waiting to tell on every transgression like some some pissant informer in Stalin's USSR. Way to go Australia.
You're an inspiration to us all. Keep fighting the good fight.

John Burns hosts 3AW's morning program. The highest rated morning program in Melbourne as far as I can recall. That's extremely surprising if it's him.

It's been confirmed that he's the one that was reported. He's saying he can't recall.

tumblr_mgwoguXbac1qjpxbbo1_500.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3AW presenter John Burns has confirmed a complaint has been made against him for referring to Richmond footballer Bachar Houli as a 'terrorist'.

He doesn't recall making the comment, and is 'mortified' by the allegation.

Statement from John Burns

I had the pleasure of attending the Richmond Football Club function on Friday night. During the match, I sat with a friend and we were catching up and talking about the game. It has been suggested to me that during a conversation with my friend, I was overheard saying something which that person found offensive.

I have no recollection of making an offensive remark.

However, I acknowledge that a complaint has been made and the idea that something I've said has offended someone is mortifying to me.

If I have said anything that has offended anybody, I unreservedly apologise. In particular, to the people at the match and the Richmond Football Club.

Statement from the Richmond Football Club

Richmond Football Club acknowledges the statement released by 3AW's John Burns this afternoon in relation to an incident that took place at the MCG on Friday night.

The Club fully supports the staff member who brought this issue to its attention and accepts his version of events. We also accept the apology and now consider the matter closed.

I agree. It's absolute nonsense. We are fast becoming a precious dictatorship where communism will take over if we are not careful.

I wonder if the player was a Christian and someone yelled out abuse or a derogatory comment about Christianity or Jesus, whether anything would be said? Of course not
What a precious pathetic society this has become

I agree. It's absolute nonsense. We are fast becoming a precious dictatorship where communism will take over.

I wonder if the player was a Christian and someone yelled out abuse or a derogatory comment whether anything would be said?
What a precious pathetic society this has become
a) Why are you dealing in hypotheticals?
b) We live in a society where people of all faiths and races should be able to go about their business without backwards, pigheaded, prejeduice idiots trying to abuse them about things like that. You have a problem with that then that's your issue to deal with. People's right to go about their business without being subjected to abuse like that outweights your "right" to scream whatever hate filled rubbish you apparently feel an overwhelming need to.

Seems like case closed. If that's it.
Wonder if the unnamed eavesdropper will come forward and explain why this private conversation was brought out in public before checking what they thought they heard. To make allegations of this behaviour in the current climate and be wrong about it is very serious. They made it public they have a responsibility to tidy it up.

Seems like case closed. If that's it.
Wonder if the unnamed eavesdropper will come forward and explain why this private conversation was brought out in public before checking what they thought they heard. To make allegations of this behaviour in the current climate and be wrong about it is very serious. They made it public they have a responsibility to tidy it up.

Why should a club official, attending what appears to a private club function at a match have to do that?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back