News Pies keen on Aish

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bears would be asking for lot more then 2nd Round Pick + a Depth Player.

We don’t have a Good Relationship between the 2 Teams

Just like we would have wanted way more than we got for Beams. Unfortunately Brisbane & Beams showed us what the team giving up the player wants means crap all.

Just like we would have wanted way more than we got for Beams. Unfortunately Brisbane & Beams showed us what the team giving up the player wants means crap all.
Im so nonchalant about Aish that obviously if the opportunity came about, I would take him. But wouldn't lose any sleep what so ever if he didn't come to us. Id be willing to let negotiations drag out and if an agreement can't be reached and he doesn't come to us in the PSD. Id be happy knowing they lost him for nothing still. Win-win for me, whatever happens.

We don't have the cap space to get Danger and Aish or a GWS gun, stop dreaming.
Actually, with the loss of Beams, Maxwell, Lumumba, Thomas and Keeffe, we should have a huge amount of cap space to work with at the moment. It's quite conceivable that we could land 1 or 2 players this trade period on hefty coin.

Not saying it will happen, but we would definitely have the cap space to work with.

Im so nonchalant about Aish that obviously if the opportunity came about, I would take him. But wouldn't lose any sleep what so ever if he didn't come to us. Id be willing to let negotiations drag out and if an agreement can't be reached and he doesn't come to us in the PSD. Id be happy knowing they lost him for nothing still. Win-win for me, whatever happens.
I'm a bit the same way. Aish would be nice, but it wouldn't bother me if he nominated us and Brisbane pulled a Port Adelaide on us and sent him to the PSD. He isn't so integral to the clubs plans that it would hurt us to see him somewhere else.

It would just about kill Brisbane to let such a talented player walk for nothing though, and that would make me happy enough. :D

Think a polished outside midfielder should be one of our primary focuses. Not sure if Aish is that player but from how the media portrays him he is quite close. Anyone can look bad with a bad attitude and under terrible conditions and environments, will be a good player just like Polec

Yep, completely agree.

I'd have been way more keen on him but after his first four weeks he has a lot of ground to make up. But second year blues is nothing uncommon.

I'm a bit the same way. Aish would be nice, but it wouldn't bother me if he nominated us and Brisbane pulled a Port Adelaide on us and sent him to the PSD. He isn't so integral to the clubs plans that it would hurt us to see him somewhere else.

It would just about kill Brisbane to let such a talented player walk for nothing though, and that would make me happy enough. :D

This is so true. Aish to Pickers then Pickers to Bears. 'It's Collingwood or bust'. Leppitsh. 'Not going anywhere'. Pies, 'OK, we'll deal with GWS for Treloar and probably get him in the PSD anyway, cheers'.

hahaha...

Still can't see what the hype is over Aish.
He hasn't shown enough for us to chase him hard next year, except for spite over the Beams deal.
There are a heap of other players we need before him.

Still can't see what the hype is over Aish.
He hasn't shown enough for us to chase him hard next year, except for spite over the Crisp deal.
There are a heap of other players we need before him.

EFA

The Beams deal should be hitherto referred to as the Crisp deal:D

And Grundy goes down in round 1 and Mason Cox is our ruckman, yeah no thanks, would rather keep both Witts and Grundy no matter what.

As for Aish I'd love him at the Pies but not at a high cost, if we finish around the top 8 and have pick 10 or so, that's too high for me.

Agree on Aish - I think if he wanted to come to us the club should set a price outside trading first round and go from there

Understand your point re Witts and ideally I'd like to keep him as well but his trade potential MAY outweigh his ruck potentially and the club may decide to just bring in an older ruckman as back up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

EFA

The Beams deal should be hitherto referred to as the Crisp deal:D

beams we got his wish. To play with bro.

Crisp got his wish. To play for a self funded afl heavyweight team. Also gets to play senior footy with players actually capable of winning afl games.

He must be counting his lucky stars...

I was one of the many idiots who didn't think crisp was fair trade. When you compare the output of beam and crispo in 2015, crisp alone is a highway robbery. Add degoey and greenwood and Brisbane looks like freo of yesteryear.

Add degoey and greenwood and Brisbane looks like freo of yesteryear.
An apt comparison, especially since Crisp might just be our best 'steak knives' since Medhurst. (I don't count Elliott as steak knives, since there's debate about whether he or Clark were the primary trade target in his deal.)

And there's still a a potential 200 games from De Goey, don't really care if we get Aish but he's trade price is getting cheaper and cheaper by the week

Not sure why. Would you be willing to give Scharenburg away for cheap? Supporters demand form from opposition young players yet value potential in their own when trading.

Not sure why. Would you be willing to give Scharenburg away for cheap? Supporters demand form from opposition young players yet value potential in their own when trading.

Has Aish had injury as a reason for his poor form? I must have missed that memo.

Crisp was a bargain due to poor development and coaching st the lions. If the same thing happens with Aish then sweet.

Has Aish had injury as a reason for his poor form? I must have missed that memo.

Crisp was a bargain due to poor development and coaching st the lions. If the same thing happens with Aish then sweet.

No. Just being taught the Brisbane way. Go there as a star leave with negative progress. Get to a good club and show true capabilities.

Or in daynes case, arrive a star, play like an acl victim.

Ah sports fans. What your imagination can conjure up is always worth more than results. I'm very hopeful for scharenburg based on his highlights from under 18's. But your kidding yourself if you think him being injured all the time and not being able to show any form at AFL is better than actually playing as a solid contributor for the lions.

Ah sports fans. What your imagination can conjure up is always worth more than results. I'm very hopeful for scharenburg based on his highlights from under 18's. But your kidding yourself if you think him being injured all the time and not being able to show any form at AFL is better than actually playing as a solid contributor for the lions.

Poor form will reduce trade value. I'd guess Scharenbergs trade value may have fallen too, but hes not for sale and as far as we are aware he is not asking for a trade. I'm really not sure what point you are trying to make. If we are targetting Aish (and I'm not sure we are or even should) then his current form will lower his trade value. Simple maths.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back