Position 2015 SuperCoach defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To trade out Newnes or Goodes, and for Brodie or someone else?

Newnes –> Anyone & stash some cash
OR
Goodes –> Brodie Smith

ALLRIGHT lets work this out and who I'll have as my final6
So far I have
Smith-shaw-savage
Lumumba-saad-Oxley
Mcintosh-brown

So I needa to get in
Hodge
Simpson (trust he will come good)
And then birch/hib to replace the more disappointing one of savage/lumumba

Its really hard to pick a top 10 defender so far. At this stage there is only 1 defender that has more than 2 Tons in 4 rounds. Cale Hocker with 4. Every one else has been up and down like yoyos. Waiting to see who stands out might seem like the way to go but I have a feeling that it might be Yoyos all year. Being bold and just backing a few and getting lucky might be the way to go.

Its really hard to pick a top 10 defender so far. At this stage there is only 1 defender that has more than 2 Tons in 4 rounds. Cale Hocker with 4. Every one else has been up and down like yoyos. Waiting to see who stands out might seem like the way to go but I have a feeling that it might be Yoyos all year. Being bold and just backing a few and getting lucky might be the way to go.
I'm avoiding any key defender over 190cms just because I don't trust them at all.

Thoughts on Jeremy Howe as a DEF POD?
He was on my watch list pre-season after a solid back half in 2014. Didn't start him though due to his no-show in the NAB due to a hammy.

Has scored 119, 57, 102, 99.
The concern is the 57 when he got tagged. Although Grigg (Rich) tagged him and he scored 99. And Melbourne have Hawks, Sydney, Freo in the next 3. Adcock/Newnes > Howe is tempting though. Ownership at 1%

The issue with trading out Newnes is there is no real stud in the backline.

All the top backs at the moment have question marks, and could easily start spudding it up whilst Newnes hits his strides.

All the top backs at the moment have question marks, and could easily start spudding it up whilst Newnes hits his strides.
Newnes won't score well until weller is back to take the tagging jobs. And we (saints fans) have no idea when he's coming back but the expectation is, it isn't to long

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What strides is there to hit though? He got used as a tagger on the weekend most likely due to his poor offensive capabilities and his opponent still got the medal for best on haha

Kelly was ok for first 3 games ~86 ave.

Heard on call that he had a baby son born during week - probably suffering lack of sleep for weekend game(?)

Was pretty horrid game for him.
Half my team must of had a baby last week then.

And the other half the week before that.

:p

Hmm it's looking a lot like 2012 or 2013? ..when Gibbs & Shaw were top 3 Defs and were yo-yo scoring all year long.

Hmm it's looking a lot like 2012 or 2013? ..when Gibbs & Shaw were top 3 Defs and were yo-yo scoring all year long.
Should have employed the Judd_Magic defensive structure.

What strides is there to hit though? He got used as a tagger on the weekend most likely due to his poor offensive capabilities and his opponent still got the medal for best on haha

Then there is plenty of improvement to make.

He isn't a tagger, so not surprised he was beaten.

Got enough of the ball first 3 weeks, just needs to work on his disposal not trying to find the pill.

I just don't have the faith in him to be a top 6 defender still... Has been stellar though.

No one is jumping out at the moment. I'm trying to steer clear of upgrading defenders until someone jumps out.
Yeah that's good advice. Was thinking of "upgrading" Newnes to Pittard but probably a bit sideways really...

Then there is plenty of improvement to make.

He isn't a tagger, so not surprised he was beaten.

Got enough of the ball first 3 weeks, just needs to work on his disposal not trying to find the pill.
If he's not a tagger, then why would he be used as one? Disposal doesn't just start becoming good over the space of a week. You either can kick or you can't, he can't. Hence why he was and most likely will be used as a defensive sort of player

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back