Official Club Stuff Gameday Village ...annexed by the SMA

Remove this Banner Ad

How were the boys on Saturday night?

I was pissed by 5pm so they would have been fairly handy...

The missus and I were sitting a row ahead of REH ... your two lads were ticking along really well :drunk::drunk: and should be congratulated on a huge effort.

The missus and I were sitting a row ahead of REH ... your two lads were ticking along really well :drunk::drunk: and should be congratulated on a huge effort.

Thanks mate.

I was a bit worried. Luckily they don't suffer from swearlikea****inglunaticitis like I do.

When I first heard about the Clarko incident I feared the worst...

Went to the GDV after the match and had some drinks with some random Hawks supporters.
Was a good night. Hard to converse though. Very loud.

One odd thing though, when heading through the crowd to leave, made my way to a clearing but realised I'd stepped onto what looked like a 'dancefloor' in front of the dj desk. WTF? Who the hell is going to be dancing!?
There was an old bloke (I'd say over 70 but could be wrong) dressed in teal wearing a flashing Power cap grooving away there for a while. On his own.

Thanks mate.

I was a bit worried. Luckily they don't suffer from swearlikea****inglunaticitis like I do.

When I first heard about the Clarko incident I feared the worst...

Haha. There was some talk of a 3AM altercation with a hotel door the morning of the game. Were they staying at the same place as Clarko?

Haha. There was some talk of a 3AM altercation with a hotel door the morning of the game. Were they staying at the same place as Clarko?

$800 to replace the door.

They don't call him Bazurka for nothing.

How were the boys on Saturday night?

I was pissed by 5pm so they would have been fairly handy...
They drank a s**t load of rum of jack and coke and were in great spirits. They wanted to ring you all during the first quarter to see if you turned around to get to the game.

They went to the village, I went to the Magarey room for 30 minutes but when I got to the village I got a txt they had left.

The atmosphere at the GDV was even better than the Swans game. Having the plastic roof increased the atmosphere. Hope the club keep the roof shut from now on
They should keep the roof shut for all games except if/when we ever play North Melbourne, so that Brad Scott can whinge about it.

I thought i get to the ground fairly early. I was at the railway station at 5.05 pm and made my way over the bridge with the old man and told him all about the GDV, sped your money here it goes to the club etc but geez, without a crowbar there was no way I was going to get anywhere near the front of the lines. Does anyone get there when it opens? (3.30 for the Hawthorn match) How long does it take to fill up? I won't eat lunch next time to force myself there earlier!

I thought i get to the ground fairly early. I was at the railway station at 5.05 pm and made my way over the bridge with the old man and told him all about the GDV, sped your money here it goes to the club etc but geez, without a crowbar there was no way I was going to get anywhere near the front of the lines. Does anyone get there when it opens? (3.30 for the Hawthorn match) How long does it take to fill up? I won't eat lunch next time to force myself there earlier!
got there at 5 and found a bit of space

Went in Friday night sometime during the Maggies game and got talking to a couple of blokes who said they were from BF. Cant remember who because i was under the weather, more than the actual weather :oops:

Its a fantastic initiative, i really hope the club reap massive benefits from this, its not as if we don't deserve a break on the social and financial front after all these years of being squeezed like a lemon.

I got there just before 4pm. All the tables were gone but there was no line up for food or drink - even when it started to fill up it didn't take long to get through the lines. In fact it was quicker standing three deep at the GDV than being first in line at the bar in the stadium.

By the time we left at 5:45 it was choc a block.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi All,

Thanks for all the support with our new bar concept and feedback. We will continue to improve on a week to week basis and we absolutely love the atmosphere that you guys create - Saturday night was monumental pre and post-game.

Just a heads up that we will be running a live site at Game Day Village from 12pm Sunday. If you can't get into the ground to support the boys the next best thing will be at the Village with our fellow members. More details to come from the Club in coming days.

Hi All,

Thanks for all the support with our new bar concept and feedback. We will continue to improve on a week to week basis and we absolutely love the atmosphere that you guys create - Saturday night was monumental pre and post-game.

Just a heads up that we will be running a live site at Game Day Village from 12pm Sunday. If you can't get into the ground to support the boys the next best thing will be at the Village with our fellow members. More details to come from the Club in coming days.
Brilliant idea! I love this club! GDV a resounding success. Please keep the roof on as it increased the atmosphere even more!

Hi All,

Beautiful !!!!

I hope to be at the GDV for the Showdown, but the only way to actually watch the game in there is looking out on the big screen on the Oval yeah? they should let us walk around and stand in front of it with our drinks, or have a big screen in the GDV or something..!

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/po...at-adelaide-oval/story-fndv8s6g-1227326598133
Port Adelaide battles SMA in battle for beer sales at Adelaide Oval
PORT Adelaide is not only in a battle with the Stadium Management Authority for training access at Adelaide Oval, but also for beer sales outside the venue.

The Power - despite being the “away” team for Showdown XXXVIII - will again open its “Game Day Village” at the Memorial Drive tennis centre on the Oval’s southern flank, with beers selling for $5.,
This is significantly cheaper than beer sold for between $8.80 and $9.60 inside the Oval where the SMA banks the catering revenue.
After challenging the Power’s joint liquor licence with SA Tennis at the Drive, the SMA is now competing with the Port Adelaide Football Club by selling cheaper beer at the new “Fans Bar” tent at the Oval’s Southern Plaza.
More.......
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/po...at-adelaide-oval/story-fndv8s6g-1227326598133
upload_2015-4-29_20-40-20.png
Coopers is the beer of choice at Port Adelaide’s Game Day Village

Remove this Banner Ad

Back