Toast The media....*Nods Head*

Remove this Banner Ad

From the Guardian
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2015/apr/02/afl-2015-season-preview-part-four

Port were undoubtedly the story of the season last year. In 2011 and 2012 they were a rabble that couldn’t beat new expansion sides. By 2013 they’d surged into the finals, and in 2014 they fell three points short of a grand final spot in a classic against the eventual premiers. They played the most exciting style of any side, and to top all that off they completely owned the redeveloped Adelaide Oval, whose intense sell-out atmosphere is already part of footy folklore.

The pure exhilaration of 2014 will be hard to match a season later, but with any luck it has left us with a side that is now hardened. Port in the latter half of last season looked tired, victims of their own energy expenditure in slumping from first to fifth. If they can go into this season with the confidence that they belong at the top, they won’t get over-excited by being there.

Port have the best midfield in the comp: start with Travis Boak, Kane Cornes, Hamish Hartlett, Jared Polec, and Oli Wines; throw mobile ruck recruit Paddy Ryder in the middle of them; then rinse through freak small forwards like Jake Neade, Chad Wingard and Sam Gray. Namesake Robbie Gray was by most accounts the player of last season, at times turning in an elite midfield performance with an elite small forward’s job stacked on top. With solid bookends to keep the rest in shape, this should be a season to get down to Adelaide Oval and feel the noise. (GL)

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2015/apr/02/afl-2015-season-preview-part-four

Last edited:
Big generous to Sammy G, but we'll take it.

His mark in the second Showdown was nuts.
Sam G, Andrew Moore, Clurey, Redden, Colqhoun are the keys to a Premiership.

Sam G, Andrew Moore, Clurey, Redden, Colqhoun are the keys to a Premiership.
Add to that list of players that could slot into our best 22 if needed Impey, O'Shea, Stewart, Young, Krakouer, Mitchell, Butcher, Shaw & Amon.

I laugh at 'experts' & opposition supporters that say we lack depth.

Why do I get the feeling that the Adelaide Oval doco on 7 next week was paid for by the SNAFL...oh because the only person on the add is Leigh Dikker

Yeah i heard some snippett on the radio today. Something about "he almost punched me he was that angry" *insert dramatic music* "the move almost never happened." *more dramatic music*

I was waiting for "then the sanfl saved all of us and made the move happen. All the risk was with the SANFL."

This state is so embarrassing.

"Adelaide counts a higher proportion of women among its members, with 38.5 per cent female to 60.5 per cent male (Port’s breakdown is 35.2 per cent female to 64.3 per cent male; the remainder is unaccounted for). The club says that is among the highest percentage of female supporters in the league."

Not surprising when they've recruited players specifically for girls to flick the bean over rather than their football ability.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Adelaide counts a higher proportion of women among its members, with 38.5 per cent female to 60.5 per cent male (Port’s breakdown is 35.2 per cent female to 64.3 per cent male; the remainder is unaccounted for). The club says that is among the highest percentage of female supporters in the league."

Not surprising when they've recruited players specifically for girls to flick the bean over rather than their football ability.
Probably a higher percentage of females as they live longer so they'd be few thousand widowed Berryl's hanging in there

If we're going with produce-related euphemisms may I suggest "smashing the capsicum"?

PropertySteward sent me this link. It's funny how quickly crowies turn like the British press on a losing English Ashes team but all the same an entertaining read.

Touch of the fumbles
Despite almost two decades in which to learn not to get ahead of ourselves, Adelaide fans are really pretty good at Getting Ahead Of Ourselves.
Three wins in a row against middling opposition and we’re already booking Grand Final flights to Melbourne and drawing up preliminary designs for our ‘Phil “Groundball” Walsh 2015’ commemorative tattoo.
But in reality, deep down Crows supporters felt like Billy Joel when he was married to Christie Brinkley – it was fun while it lasted, but we all knew it was too good to be true and just a matter of time before we were dumped on our arses.
Touch of the fumbles

The severe lack of respect for Jake Stringer in that article makes me question the footy nous of the author.

It's packed with hyperbole, but yeah, they weren't exactly carved up by Peter Street.

Stringer is an elite young talent.

PropertySteward sent me this link. It's funny how quickly crowies turn like the British press on a losing English Ashes team but all the same an entertaining read.

Touch of the fumbles

Touch of the fumbles
The guy is a tosser however the article had some funny lines to it.

"Yes, if the Crows reverting to frustrating type wasn’t horrible enough, the Power have decided that playing badly wasn't really for them"

"We can finally shuck the sort of giddying, uniquely-Adelaide hype that only a scrappy home win over Melbourne can generate."

The guy is a tosser however the article had some funny lines to it.

"Yes, if the Crows reverting to frustrating type wasn’t horrible enough, the Power have decided that playing badly wasn't really for them"

"We can finally shuck the sort of giddying, uniquely-Adelaide hype that only a scrappy home win over Melbourne can generate."

lol, it's funny because you know they will do it again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back