KDFL 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what gypsum is mate and it was that it was broken glass

Maybe the person that told you didn't know the difference as you were told it was glass ..... Just saying As I heard a few people pick some up and say it was glass !!!!!! But alas no it wasn't. And I'm sure a safety check was carried out by reps of both clubs and signed off

Maybe the person that told you didn't know the difference as you were told it was glass ..... Just saying As I heard a few people pick some up and say it was glass !!!!!! But alas no it wasn't. And I'm sure a safety check was carried out by reps of both clubs and signed off
Believe the President of the League was over at Rushy throughout the week inspecting the ground. Couldn't have been too bad

Inter-league looking very promising! Almost all guns committed, 40 man squad to choose from. Including a forward set up including Forys and Rattray.
Also $150 fine and 1 week suspension for pulling out of game. Written letter and doctor certificate required to not play.

Barney said response from the guys has been very positive. Bring it on!!

Inter-league looking very promising! Almost all guns committed, 40 man squad to choose from. Including a forward set up including Forys and Rattray.
Also $150 fine and 1 week suspension for pulling out of game. Written letter and doctor certificate required to not play.

Hope all the guys bring their permission slips and make sure they wear their hats out in the sun otherwise they wont be able to play, sounds like Primary School.

Can understand the league wanting to promote interleague and start building the Representative side of a stronger league than the rankings suggest, but a Doctor Certificate, really?

Hope all the guys bring their permission slips and make sure they wear their hats out in the sun otherwise they wont be able to play, sounds like Primary School.

Can understand the league wanting to promote interleague and start building the Representative side of a stronger league than the rankings suggest, but a Doctor Certificate, really?[/QUOTE]

Is pretty common place nowdays

Can understand the league wanting to promote interleague and start building the Representative side of a stronger league than the rankings suggest, but a Doctor Certificate, really?

Considering our history of fielding a side that a KDFL CLUB could beat, yes it's quite necessary!

Considering our history of fielding a side that a KDFL CLUB could beat, yes it's quite necessary!
Yes I agree
I presume the squad was consulted about wanting to play before it was announced
If you committ stay committed
The game is very attractive playing at Deakin before gvfl is great
Hope it all goes well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder how many players will be local and likely to front up again in the years to come. No doubt there is plenty of talent around this year but wouldn't the league be better judged against what talent it can produce?
Please explain? No don't worry about it as it will be some smart arse comment demeaning the VT footy club

I wonder how many players will be local and likely to front up again in the years to come. No doubt there is plenty of talent around this year but wouldn't the league be better judged against what talent it can produce?

There will be plenty of "local talent" in the side Woody. Not that many players overall come from Melbourne. If the GV went with that policy they wouldn't remain near the top of the rankings.
It's not just the influx of non-local recruits to the league. I actually believe many players are making a stand to get the KDFL off the bottom of the rankings. The coaching panel is taking the concept very seriously and the players are backing their coaches and the League.

Kilmartin, Pell, the Haysom brothers, Shiels, Steve Thompson etc. are all stars of their sides and have progressed from their Clubs Under 18 programs. There is a hint of John Carrot in your suggestion, I hope your not becoming cynical! :D

There will be plenty of "local talent" in the side Woody. Not that many players overall come from Melbourne. If the GV went with that policy they wouldn't remain near the top of the rankings.
It's not just the influx of non-local recruits to the league. I actually believe many players are making a stand to get the KDFL off the bottom of the rankings. The coaching panel is taking the concept very seriously and the players are backing their coaches and the League.

Kilmartin, Pell, the Haysom brothers, Shiels, Steve Thompson etc. are all stars of their sides and have progressed from their Clubs Under 18 programs. There is a hint of John Carrot in your suggestion, I hope your not becoming cynical! :D

Haven't seen the squad so this is what I was I was hoping for as it will help keep some pride in the guernsey. Undoubtedly the GVFL would be in trouble but that's what I was alluding to, we are a district league and we should be proud of the levels that our players have risen to play and should respect that by making sure that they are well represented.

Please explain? No don't worry about it as it will be some smart arse comment demeaning the VT footy club
Obviously "ice" is hitting the older generation as well. Your last big effort was laying the boots into Rushworth, but guess what? Someone must have got out of bed and decided that at least two teams had to be on the park and made sure that it happened. Try smiling, it uses less muscles.

So whats the squad didak?

Obviously "ice" is hitting the older generation as well. Your last big effort was laying the boots into Rushworth, but guess what? Someone must have got out of bed and decided that at least two teams had to be on the park and made sure that it happened. Try smiling, it uses less muscles.

Excellent work mate, I expect Rushworth will be out there having a crack as always this weekend against the Dogs. The wheel will turn and I'm sure Rushworth Community will get the Tigers back up the ladder again.

Didn't lay the boots into Rushy at all, but it's good to see that they are on the park and competing.
I smile all day everyday and am still smiling at the educated appointment of your reserves coach.

Excellent work mate, I expect Rushworth will be out there having a crack as always this weekend against the Dogs. The wheel will turn and I'm sure Rushworth Community will get the Tigers back up the ladder again.
You may be without one D Clarke. Apparently a subversive at his place of employment has secured him inside a cabinet somewhere in Seymour!

Didn't lay the boots into Rushy at all, but it's good to see that they are on the park and competing.
I smile all day everyday and am still smiling at the educated appointment of your reserves coach.
"Ice" apparently causes anger and memory loss. To which Reserves coach are you referring, the incumbent or the one who left the Club on the eve of the season?

"Looks like gate revenue is going to go up this year - not
That's a bad attitude to start with saying you are only going to field one team."

You must have forgotten that gem or failed to read the rest of Jayco's comment and then look at the calendar. I have said it before, the game is on the nose but it should not be so, however, years of media plugging negative incidents and the AFL's ambivalence has cut the guts out of a sport that gives the most participants a chance to get a touch and get on the scoreboard compared to any other. It's only round four and goodness knows it may all fall over, but as it stand Rushworth has put up two teams on the back of destructive gossip in little more than eight weeks. Some have come and go but the numbers are improving and there are players in the Seniors who would be walk up starts in any KDFL team. To be honest, with all of the rubbish that the Club has copped through rumour and innuendo resulting in a loss of players along with the swapping of the first round due to Mother Nature, I wonder how many other committees would have stuck it out and bothered. You carried on like a two bob watch when VT choked in 2011 and haven't improved since.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back