Player Watch #1 - Jesse Hogan - traded to Freo - #fistedforever

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
* me, the only people who love Hogan more than us are the legendary key forwards like Carey, Brown and Dunstall. They ******* gush over him. Gotta be some potential mentors in there for the hulk.

* me, the only people who love Hogan more than us are the legendary key forwards like Carey, Brown and Dunstall. They ******* gush over him. Gotta be some potential mentors in there for the hulk.
I actually gets chills listening to the likes of Carey and Brown speak in awe about how good Hoges is looking at this early stage.

When those guys are in awe, you've got something special.

Remember all the naysayers thinking those of us who'd watched him saying he'd be a star from day one were talking rubbish? I'm bigger than naming any names though. nickgrant69 :D
I'm loving being able to smugly grin at people at work who used to give me s**t when I'd tell them about Hogan dominating the VFL as a teenager and saying as soon as he started in the big time he'd make an impact.

Someone make mutha******* HOGAN gifs.

tve917-19660415-156.gif

Let's not go overboard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha this thread is great.

There are only two current day Melbourne players who provoke this sort of adoration: one is Nathan Jones; who holds a deeper type of love and respect among true Melbourne people. Then there is Jesse who has somehow already reached a level of enlightenment not even the Dalai lama could reach. It's almost cartoony how good this guy is gonna be. Hes like jonny bravo mixed with the incredible hulk. Imagine being a freo defender this weekend and seeing Jesse swag out of the bowels of the G to 'hells bells'... You'd either **** your pants or convert to the church of Hoges right then and there less you be smacked upside the head with his Aura. Hoges is the man and we are lucky to have him on our side.

AFL 360 mentioned Hoges being offered a shitload from other clubs at the end of 2017. I was chatting to a mate and he mentioned it won't happen for atleast another 5yrs due to him not being able to go until he's a free agent. What are the general opinions regarding Him potentially nicking off to freo eventually?

For the record - It's concerning me because we're just getting going, and I don't want to lose a gun player around the time we should be right up there.

AFL 360 mentioned Hoges being offered a shitload from other clubs at the end of 2017. I was chatting to a mate and he mentioned it won't happen for atleast another 5yrs due to him not being able to go until he's a free agent. What are the general opinions regarding Him potentially nicking off to freo eventually?

For the record - It's concerning me because we're just getting going, and I don't want to lose a gun player around the time we should be right up there.

2017 he won't be a free agent so clubs would have to trade us the world to get him back

After that? Who knows, who cares really .. It's up to us to be a club he would be stupid to leave because we will offer as much money as anyone else

Wise contract i suppose at the end of 17 i doubt he'll go anywhere, and he isn't a free agent. Unless he requests a trade back i doubt he'll go back at the end of 17 and if he does we would get offered some pretty good deals i imagine. But this good wait until the end of 17 and then lock him away on a big and longer contract

2017 he won't be a free agent so clubs would have to trade us the world to get him back

After that? Who knows, who cares really .. It's up to us to be a club he would be stupid to leave because we will offer as much money as anyone else

Yeah I get the FA timing - hence why I mentioned it, but we should care if he decides to go - after all if he goes, we lose a gun. I get that we have to maintain an atmosphere that he wants to stay in, but if Freo are still up and about and in contention - he could head home and still be in the running for a flag and be getting the big bucks.

Wise contract i suppose at the end of 17 i doubt he'll go anywhere, and he isn't a free agent. Unless he requests a trade back i doubt he'll go back at the end of 17 and if he does we would get offered some pretty good deals i imagine. But this good wait until the end of 17 and then lock him away on a big and longer contract
we should lock him away til 2020 next year. That way it won't look too Desperate, moreso like we're solidifying our lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back