LCHF- Low Carb / High-Healthy Fat lifestyle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coconut fudge
2 cups desecrated coconut blended fine add 3 tablespoons of coconut oil & 1 tablespoon coconut nectar, spoon into silicon muffin tray and refrigerate!
I did this one last week.

Choc Peanut butter fudge

1 cup butter
1 cup cream cheese
1 cup good peanut butter
1/2 cup natvia (stevia & erythritol)
1/4 cup cocoa powder
dash of vanilla essence

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/pa...-health-concerns/story-fnet08xa-1227258959911

PETE Evans’s paleo cookbook for babies has had its release date pushed back after health experts warned “there’s a very real possibility that a baby may die if this book goes ahead.”

Bubba Yum Yum: The Paleo Way was due to hit stores on Friday, but publishers have “held back release” indefinitely after health officials intervened, the Australian Women’s Weekly reports. Their major concern was a recipe for DIY baby formula which “contains more than ten times the safe maximum daily intake of vitamin A for babies and inadequate levels of other nutrients.”

A fascinating 10 minutes. Veteran investigative journalist Sharyl Attkisson shows how "Astroturf" or fake grassroots movements funded by political, corporate, or other special interests very effectively manipulate and distort media messages.

This is exactly what Chef Pete Evans is experiencing.

This is exactly what Chef Pete Evans is experiencing.
100% agree. His smugness makes it a little easier for them to achieve the desired results, but you are spot on.

Look how a pathetic simple header on the Mumamia blog that he claimed Paleo cures Autism when he NEVER said it, has snowballed into "common knowledge" that "Pete Evans believes Paleo Cures Autism" Astroturfing at its finest.

Great video though.

100% agree. His smugness makes it a little easier for them to achieve the desired results, but you are spot on.

Look how a pathetic simple header on the Mumamia blog that he claimed Paleo cures Autism when he NEVER said it, has snowballed into "common knowledge" that "Pete Evans believes Paleo Cures Autism" Astroturfing at its finest.

Great video though.

Yeah TED has some good speakers, shame more don't watch it!

Remember the Media reporting about the young kid from the Mornington Peninsula dying from drinking raw milk & it turns out the kid drank some raw milk 3 months prior, agenda pushing at its best.

Remember the Media reporting about the young kid from the Mornington Peninsula dying from drinking raw milk & it turns out the kid drank some raw milk 3 months prior, agenda pushing at its best.

Check out the then "outgoing" Victorian chief health officer Dr Rosemary Lester. I will give you one guess what her final recommendation was (It successfully went through Parliament)

Check out the then "outgoing" Victorian chief health officer Dr Rosemary Lester. I will give you one guess what her final recommendation was (It successfully went through Parliament)

I'll bump into that mole one day n give her a real ear full!

she's just another puppet used to push agendas, like Dr.Carl

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't understand why all of a sudden its an issue for celebrities to have an opinion and sell products as they have been doing it since time began. What about Dawn Frasier ripping off poor pensioners to the tune of $300 with a sham bogus product that boosts circulation? Where is the outrage.

Also lumping Bell Gibson and Pete Evans together, that's a shocker.

And another great example of Astroturfing is Pete Evans "Baby broth/liver recipe and book" Its not even his, its Charlotte Carr's and she took the base broth/liver recipe from early 2000 Sally Fallon's book Nourishing Traditions that is still widely used and NO deaths have been reported. Their was also a book released 2 years ago in the US and very popular with the Paleo/Low carb people called Super Nutrition for Babies. No outrage no deaths because Pete Evans name wasn't associated with it.

The DAA and Gov authorities are s**t scared of this blokes popularity and are doing everything in their power to discredit him. So far its a big fail as Paleo is gaining popularity at a staggering rate (worldwide as well) Even Kylie was on the radio a few days ago and putting her health down to this way of eating.

Don't understand why all of a sudden its an issue for celebrities to have an opinion and sell products as they have been doing it since time began. What about Dawn Frasier ripping off poor pensioners to the tune of $300 with a sham bogus product that boosts circulation? Where is the outrage.

Also lumping Bell Gibson and Pete Evans together, that's a shocker.

And another great example of Astroturfing is Pete Evans "Baby broth/liver recipe and book" Its not even his, its Charlotte Carr's and she took the base broth/liver recipe from early 2000 Sally Fallon's book Nourishing Traditions that is still widely used and NO deaths have been reported. Their was also a book released 2 years ago in the US and very popular with the Paleo/Low carb people called Super Nutrition for Babies. No outrage no deaths because Pete Evans name wasn't associated with it.

The DAA and Gov authorities are s**t scared of this blokes popularity and are doing everything in their power to discredit him. So far its a big fail as Paleo is gaining popularity at a staggering rate (worldwide as well) Even Kylie was on the radio a few days ago and putting her health down to this way of eating.

Thanks for posting that TED talk on astrosurfing :)

That article is another great example of it.

Pete Evans claiming Paleo cures Autism is the best example.

They continuously misrepresent Sarah Wilson as well. I don't know much about Pete Evans but Sarah Wilson is a well adjusted, down to earth, intelligent person who is being unfairly maligned and misrepresented. I'm subscribed to her blog and have 2 of her books and as such I have a very good understanding about where she's coming from so am well placed to see how she's consistently misrepresented.

Last edited:
Bit of a thread bump. Just had a bit of fun in the kitchen. I came up with a bacon wrapped, cheese stuffed meatloaf (kind of like a lchf wellington). Served with garlic butter seared baby carrots and brussel sprouts with steamed beans and broccoli. It was moist, tasty and probably my second favourite meal after pork belly.

photo upload

Bit of a thread bump. Just had a bit of fun in the kitchen. I came up with a bacon wrapped, cheese stuffed meatloaf (kind of like a lchf wellington). Served with garlic butter seared baby carrots and brussel sprouts with steamed beans and broccoli. It was moist, tasty and probably my second favourite meal after pork belly.

photo upload

Recipe please

Remove this Banner Ad

Back