Review Round 5 vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Can def see WHE coming in but who to replace? After last week all guns are blazing forward. Even Greene had a great game.
Possibly Palmer, I suspect he might have picked up an injury in that knock in the last quarter. Jack Steele also in the running for a spot IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gee I hope we do better than previous games against West Coast - some horrible floggings over the years.

Gee I hope we do better than previous games against West Coast - some horrible floggings over the years.

Agreed, I'm a wee bit alarmed at how many people are now chalking up this game as a win, I'll be happy if we are competitive in a good game, a win is achievable but still a bonus.

We don't play West Coast well
We don't play Subiaco well

I just hope we're competitive.

A win is a massive bonus.
We played them great at Blackown in 2012 in our first year.
They were flag favourites when we played them and we really took it to them in our second or third ever game.

That's not the game I remember. Didn't they spank us for three quarters and then shut down at the end
69-150 but we took it right up to them. Even winning our first ever quarter of footy. It was a highlight of our year, even though they doubled (and a bit) our score!

They were flag favourites when we played them and we really took it to them in our second or third ever game.
In 2012 with a team of 18 tear olds, "great" performances we're really just "brave". We got flogged by 80 odd points.

Possibly Palmer, I suspect he might have picked up an injury in that knock in the last quarter. Jack Steele also in the running for a spot IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Things are looking up when your looking at possibly dropping one of the best defensive forwards in the competition :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS 2.0 4.1 6.5 10.9 69
West Coast. 11.4 15.8 21.9 23.12 150

We might have won the last quarter but 11:4 to 2:0 in the first quarter pretty much ended that one.

GWS 2.0 4.1 6.5 10.9 69
West Coast. 11.4 15.8 21.9 23.12 150

We might have won the last quarter but 11:4 to 2:0 in the first quarter pretty much ended that one.
How do I upload a photo? I just took a screen grab of our stats that day.

While we got smashed by 80, we were (as weird as this sounds) very, very good that day against a team that were being touted as premiership favourites.

I'm confident that we can win this game. I think the time has come that you cannot read too much into results from previous seasons (particularly when we were thrashed). The team is very different to previous seasons.

I hope the side remains unchanged unless someone doesn't come up from the weekend. We are in a great position to have some very good players bashing down the door in the 2's. WHE is a jet but form needs to be rewarded and everyone in the 1's is in form.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WHE has to come in. WC have some great forwards, but their backline has been smashed by injury. Our mids will more than match them in the middle and we have a good enough defence to keep Kennedy quiet. A win here is possible

Who does WHE replace if there is no injuries? Subi is a big ground so surely Stewart stays cause Mumford needs some support (and he also did pretty well last weekend)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

it'll be a good test for you're mob, injury's at west coast are piling up but sub is never an easy trip.

this will flatout be a ruck battle, nick nats really stepped up his game this season and when he's on song its soo much harder to beat the weagles. never the less it will be great watching you're mids getting a run on a really large ground.

yeah the mid battle will be the key. I think their backs won't be good enough to stop us if we win it in the middle. A big thing to watch on such a large ground is the two way running. Against Gold Coast it was great to see so many streaming up and down the corridor... but its easy when the opposition are so soft. If we are getting beaten... it will be a test on such a big ground to run up and back and compete.

No doubt WCE will step it up. But our boys have confidence and the strongest team they've been able to field at Subi.
A lot will depend on the start.
If the Giants can at least stay with them or even lead for the first quarter, then it might reinforce the belief levels.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back