Toast Duggan for skills coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Re-watching the second half. Duggan is sooooo gooooooooooood.

a3769a91e247daf31b06a8d5f30948b1899d8e848fcaf5d295e9e87448adbb50.jpg

I remember an article on Masten in 2011 or something saying how he wanted to stop the pattern of coming in and out of the side, and that he just wanted to establish himself in the 22...well I would hope he's starting to realise that he's not going to be an automatic selection for too much longer with guys like Duggan and Nelson developing

When an 18 year old with 2 games experience and the body of a 12 year old tackles with more intent than you... it's time to explore other interests.

Last edited:
Was very cat like on his follow up ball near the 50 metre arc, sprung to his feet quickly and handballed off, didn't sit on his knees and wait for the play to unfold in front of him he was ready to move if the handball option didn't show itself. I'm willing to be very patient with him, hope he gets a full game for fitness purposes.

Where are those naysayers now?
Who were bemoaning the fact that we missed out on Cockatoo?
Very early days but I think we should at least be comfortable with the decision made.

I originally would have preferred cockatoo but said I was happy to be proven wrong. Be interesting to see where they are at say end of next year.

I originally would have preferred cockatoo but said I was happy to be proven wrong. Be interesting to see where they are at say end of next year.

I can see Duggan turning into an ultra consistent Pendles or Heppell type, whereas Cockatoo will drift in and out as a burst player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re that high tackle not long after he came on, my favourite part was that he did an excellent job to corrall his opponent, not get sold the dummy and get in a position to lay a tackle in the first place. It was one of those tackles where the ball carrier ducks with very minimal if any contact to the head and its a 50/50 as to whether the umpire pays a free.

Surely he won't be named starting sub 4 games in a row. I don't think even Gaff copped it that bad.

He's clearly to good for the WAFL. So that leave only one option. FULL GAME!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back